Home Work & Volunteering
We've started our first discussion for our Christmas campaign which is focusing on religion or cultural beliefs that help you when you're feeling down. Some of the responses will be used anonymously on social media as a video. If you'd like to take part, head over to this thread.

Nursing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi People!

I would like to have a career in children's nursing. But I'm unsure if this would be possible as I have a physical disability (Mild cerebral palsy). Does anyone have any idea's of certain area's of nursing which would be more suitable and not so physically demanding? I want to have a job in this profeesion which involves hands on, not just answering phones etc.
Any suggestions would be appricated thanks.

:confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks I wrote to them and it was helpful i have now written to request my occuptional health screening and I have to go for that on the 8th January.

Cheers!
    Yeah goodluck with whatever it is you want to do
    Thanx for ur support. I will let u know how it goes.
    Hi.

Sorry its taken me so long to post a reply, i was unable to logg in I went for my occuptional health screening for nursing, it went well but there is a 2 year waiting list for children's nursing, so i will have to undergo health checks nearer the time as a lot could change. I am considering doing psychiatric nursing as i am very interested in psychology. I was advised to get intermediate two's and highers as there is such a high demand for nursing. I am going to do intermediate 2 social sciences to obtain higher qualifacations.

I am going to speak to a Nurse on friday about Nursing and get more info!
    Good luck with it :)