Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pearls of Wisdom

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What important things have you learned about drugs/drug taking since you begun drugs?

Do you have any advice on drugs for novice users?

Have you learned anything usefull through your experience - any things you'd advise people to do or never do...???

That kinda stuff. Not really looking for the 'this is how you can get fucked as possible' sort of advice, more helpfull, healthy,warning, comedown cure types of advice :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In terms of skunk smokers - Never, ever 'floor raid'.
    Smoked so much weird stuff, such as solder from that.

If smoking weed, i would not get into doing it every day, all the time especially at young age, because the good effects go away, and it becomes your new normality so to speak.

Don't smoke weed by yourself too much, it just leads to problems, although can be very weird on occasion and leads you to learn new stuff about yourself.

can't comment on any other drugs, except maybe alcohol - try to have a night out without drinking any on occasion.
    This is a good idea for a thread..:thumb:

I think my main advice would be: never, ever underestimate the effects of a drug, pretty much regardless of what it is. The amount of times I've gone to take something and totally underestimated it is untrue. This is especially true (for me anyway) of all hallucogenics I've tried (just because it grows out the ground doesn't mean it won't fuck you over) and pills, in the sense that most people do pop them 'til the cows come home but it can so easily become too much and suddenly you're regretting double dropping those just because they were burning a hole in your pocket.
    Also, if you're going to dabble with a new drug, make sure you're in the right environment and in the right state of mind (once again especially true for hallucogenics). Don't just take it because it's the weekend if you know subconsciously it isn't the right time (done this a few times too).

There's a wealth of knowledge out there as far as safer drug use is concerned, but really it all boils down to common sense, go with what your head tells you* and you can't really go too far wrong.

And as far as comedowns are concerned, make sure you have the day free and just kick back, smoke a few joints if possible, and do some serious chilling out, drinking a lot of water and you'll be fine. :)

Edited to add:

*Please disregard this advice if you're not altogether that mentally stable.
    some of the very best advice you will hear comes from your own lips. trouble is ...the advice we give isn't always the advice we take. the art is in actualy listening to what comes from your self for others and ...always ...applying it to yourself.
    Dunno, cant remember!
    I did that big comedown post a few times in the past, I'll pull it up at some point again.

I'd say that virtually all drugs can be addictive, and no drugs are safe.

I think sometimes its when you think you know what you are doing is when you are most at risk. The number of times I've done something saying, yeah I can handle it and its gone sideways is high.

Try and get a good relationship with your dealer, if your going to be buying stuff make sure you trust them. I've been lucky with that, the bloke that I (very occationally now) get stuff from I know well, and if he says its something it always is.

Always be prepared to pay for qaulity, just because you can get more pills for your £20, does NOT mean you will have a better time!
    Err... never eat yellow snow?? :p