Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pressing Charges

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im with a job agency at the moment and i landed an interview that looked pretty good, they gave me the info (the agency) all dated on official bits of paper etc.

when i went to the interview i found the building they gave me the address of was for sale and empty, they had moved a month ago to another city. Where as the job was put on the agency just 3 days ago.

i spent quite a small fortune on getting ready for this, buying clothes, little things like hair gell... and finally transport all for a wild goose chace. The total amounts to around 50 pounds.

Can i press charges on the fact that they gave me false information? Or some sheet like that? im not exactly happy with them :mad:

Comments

• Options
    Nope, shit happens.

The agency acted in good faith, so theres nothing doing there, and the company in question only invited you to an interview, so they have no obligation to actually fulfil that invitation.

You couldnt pres charges anyway as this is a breach of contract issue, not a criminal issue. And as there was is contract, real or implied, in offering an interview, then theres sod all you can do about it.

The clothes will come in handy for another time though.
  • Options
    dang it :'(
  • Options
    You should be able to ask for travel expenses though, just as a "Good will" issue. Hardly gives you confidence in the Agency, does it?