Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Democracy, I dont trust the public.

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    George Walker Bush
    You made a typo Clan. You typed 'L' instead of 'N'! :lol:

I would have expected you to know how to spell the name of the President ;)
    LOL. aren't we just so clever today!? ;)
    Better that than having the country run by S*n and Daily HateMail readers who would promptly kick anyone who is not white and British out of the country, make homosexuality illegal, carry out public lynchings of paediatricians and everyone who is accused of being "a paedo", privatise everything including the NHS and officially apply for Britain to become America's 51st state.

Bullshit , just because those people read these papers doesnt mean they are racist , homophobic etc.

Most people read the Sun because they dont want an intellectually heavy paper to read , they cant be arsed. Theyd much rather see some tits and read a column on celeb gossip.

Sorry Aladdin but not everyone is a dottery-Marxist-intellectual who lives in the 1970's.

And Hi! Hopefully i'll be able to post a bit more for a while...
    Better that than having the country run by S*n and Daily HateMail readers who would promptly kick anyone who is not white and British out of the country, make homosexuality illegal, carry out public lynchings of paediatricians and everyone who is accused of being "a paedo", privatise everything including the NHS and officially apply for Britain to become America's 51st state.

Does that include the thousands and thousands of gays, blacks and whatever that read the sun everyday?

Honestly, Ive never seen someone get so worked up over a newspaper.

The Sun is the biggest seller in Britain, always has been and always will be, they must be doing something right.
    If you had read the thread properly you would have noticed that my comments were in reply to this little jewel by Paul2:
    Could be worse, we could end up with the country being run by a group of light headed Guardian reading simpletons, with hand wringing solutions to the problems that we face………………………….hey, hold on a minute……………..

No I don't think all or even a majority of S*n and Daily Mosley readers are racist and homophobic... but a very sizeable proportion are, and so is the editorship of both papers.
    I wouldnt be so sure that The Sun will always be the biggest seller, they have taken a serious beating of late, they are still top but not by as much as they were.

Over the last year and a half The Star has in percentage terms been the biggest gainer. Whether thats good news or not is up to you.
    I think alot of people aren't actually aware of the political side of the Sun. They just read it because they have a very short attention span or can't read long, well structured sentences.
    Well there is hope yet! Giant and I agree on something. :D
    I thought the day would never come
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    Most people read the Sun because they dont want an intellectually heavy paper to read , they cant be arsed. Theyd much rather see some tits and read a column on celeb gossip.

Actually it's because the writing style is aimed at the average reading age of the nation - 10.

If some of the more political investigative papers did this, their readership would increase...
    Perhaps they put integrity, honesty and journalism before sales?
    So MOK, what your really saying is that most people are really quite stupid and cant understand proper papers so they have to read cartoon versions of the truth with simple short words.