Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What do you do, when your feeling blue?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Today, well this afternoon i've been an emotional wreck. I never really suffer with bad come downs (ive had pills) but I feel so depressed and distant today. I have phoned in sick, then my boyfriend went back to his home time. I was fine until then. I have been on my own ever since, ive lost my mobile and cant contact anyone, I dont know where my mum is and I wish she would come home and give me a cuddle. Im racked with guilt about work now, I said I had the flu so I will have to call in sick tomorrow as you dont get over the flu in a day.
I've got 4 cans of Stella in the fridge and im tempted to drink them, hopefully they would send me to sleep.
I know it's just Monday blues but I always get this on Wednesday's, im so confused. Hopefully after a good nights sleep I will be ok. I just feel like the only person in the world right now yet I dont have a specififc problem, well nothing major anyway.
So, just wondering what you guys do when your feeling all sad and lonely from a heavy sesh at the weekend. Basically I think I just need any kinda response, I feel like im going mad.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Trudat it is hard to cheer yourself up if your not with anyone you know, but whenever I'm in a mood I do something which isn't a massive hardship but takes my mind off things (like cooking).

Maybe ring a Cousin or Brother/Sister would help for a while until you go to bed, failing that theres loads of people on IRC who'll prolly listen to your preach. I wouldn't bother with the stella, actually I would, but my advice to you is don't because its a depressant and it just makes you worse, specially if your on your own. Use it as an aid to sleep only.

Hope that helps. Tom
    I've lost my phone though :(
    Smoke some weed or sleep.
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Smoke some weed or sleep.
    Finally I got in touch with someone! I just had a hot bath and now ive got a fat J in my hands and a can on the side. Gonna smoke as much as I can then pass out. I never wanna have a sesh and not have any weed for after, this was my problem.

Nice on Shogun.
    On saturday morning when i woke up i didn't feel too bad but sort of head up arse status, i smoked a bit and was felt alright again except stoned.

Weed helps.

Ya big stoner :p
    Originally posted by Shogun

Ya big stoner :p
    Why thank you Mr Shogun, from one fellow to another :D
    I hope your feeling better, I find getting out into the fresh air helps, going for a walk, even if your nackered.
    By the sound of it your just tired, try and get some sleep, but I know from personal experience that its a lot easier to say that than do it.
    Im feeling much better, thanks Budda. Think I was just tired but ive had good nights sleep and now im hunky dory :D
    Huruh! That is good news, personally I'm nackered, but then I always am, but I'm in a relatively good mood.

Did you notice how they cut one of the introduction threads out after one of the newbies kept getting offended by every little thing I said?
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Huruh! That is good news, personally I'm nackered, but then I always am, but I'm in a relatively good mood.

Did you notice how they cut one of the introduction threads out after one of the newbies kept getting offended by every little thing I said?
    Yes!! Damn, what was his name? Darren xx? lol I was looking for that and couldnt find it. He was very 'jumpy' at every little thing!
    I ended up calling him tiresome and then they cut the whole thread, maybe they thought he would take it too seriously or something. It did seem a bit odd though, as did he to be honest, it was quite tempting to really have a go at him, seeing as he was getting offended anyway.
    I ended up calling him tiresome and then they cut the whole thread, maybe they thought he would take it too seriously or something. It did seem a bit odd though, as did he to be honest, it was quite tempting to really have a go at him, seeing as he was getting offended anyway.
    Gutted I missed it all :mad: I think he has deleted his account as ive just looked for another thread where he was getting offended at everything said there!
    glad your feeling better.
    personaly i cannot smoke weed to make me feel better. i have to be feeling good all ready if you know what i mean.
    short walk in whatever wether ewith the dog. then sleep if possible or bed and a read.
    alcohol i can use quite well to bring me up from down.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    glad your feeling better.
    personaly i cannot smoke weed to make me feel better. i have to be feeling good all ready if you know what i mean.
    short walk in whatever wether ewith the dog. then sleep if possible or bed and a read.
    alcohol i can use quite well to bring me up from down.
    Thanks Rolly, yes the alcohol did work and a good nights sleep. It's funny, because half of my sad mood was based on feeling guily for being in a sad mood. When eveything that was causing me to be sad, was really only superficial!
    Glad your feeling better today!! :D
    Oh well, you cant enjoy the ups without the downs. That was by far the worst point about when I got depressed in the past, it wasnt like I was sad really, just nothing.

I cant use booze to bring me up at all, I'm a bit of a sad drunk, but a dab of base always chases the blues away.
    a dab of base always chases the blues away.
    used to for me too but i can't stand the stuff anymore. coke was always good for lifting the mood but for me not very good at getting high.
    good mood elevator though. very very rarely do i have a line though. alcohol and dope are my mainstays.
    Coke just always made me really optomistic, thats about all it did. I'd have these grand ideas of fantastic stuff I could do, and then it wore off and I had a terrible comedown.