Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nazi sources online?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
(x-posted in student forum. Sorry mods, but this is relevant also here)

In the second year of high-school all the students are assigned to do a history assignment.
Now, I am writing about the uprising in the Warsaw ghetto. Have found some books, and materials online as well. But I need to come with counter arguments.
Counter arguments would most probably have been set up by the nazis of the time, or holocaust-revisionists of today which stand against the mainstream/Jewish description of what happened.
So I was wondering if anyone knew of materials which would have those arguments specifically about the uprising in the Warsaw ghetto?

Need to hand this in ten days from now, so all help is wanted and appericiated.

Muchos Danke.

Comments

• Options
    You might try posting a thread about it on the stormfront boards(wont put the url in here). Im sure you will get some 'interesting' viewpoints. Ive not read much about it on the net in general im afraid. Although I wouldnt subject myself to stormfront unless totally necessary.
  • Options
    Tried to make a search there, and what they said wasn't anything I would be able to use.

Will only sign up there once I am really in the shit and don't have other sources. The comments there could make me cry.
  • Options
    Wish I could help, but these sites are hard to find, because of their racist agendas.

I'm sure that Heydrich would suggest that this was part of a plot to hide the "truth" of what happened. When you struggle to find this sort of viewpoint, you can understand a little of why he would say that...
  • Options
    Maybe David Irving has his own website Jacqs?

Or you could pretend to be a young patriotic German girl writing a paper about "the lies of WWII". I have no doubt he'd be delighted to help.
  • Options
    Found a site that might be of use to you. It concerns Europe's leading revisionist writer, Robert Faurisson.

http://www.revisionists.com/revisionists/faurisson.html

In the bibliography list this reference was found:

Robert Faurisson. "The Warsaw Ghetto 'Uprising'," The Journal of Historical Review, volume 14 no. 2 (March/April 1994), p. 2. A Jewish insurrection or German police operation?
  • Options
    Thanks for the links.

Am actually currently browsing David Irving's site.

Thing is, I was now told that bringing revisionists point of view into this probably wouldnt' help my arguments, and that I should maybe try basing my discussion on something else.

I am in deep shit, started too late with this.
  • Options
    Well any counterpoint to the "accepted" historical view is going to be "revisionist" by definition. So how else could you present a point/counterpoint without the opposing arguments (aka "revisionist")???
  • Options
    I don't know.

I think the teachers were unfair on this.

Tell me to be objective and neutral (which they fear I won't due to my background), which pushes me to come with theories by lunatics when it doesn't have much of a historical value, which could be taken serious.
    So basically I am forced to include something mindless. Now if I could write as I wanted I could turn it out to my benefit, but I have got guidelines and an overall theme, so I can't go off on a tangent about revisionism.
    ARGH!
  • Options
    Well, if you really want to fuck them off, go on a postmodern theorist tangent. Explain that because objectivity is unattainable, what is important is your interpretation from your perspective, so long as your perspective is described in the essay. Whilst you will include Nazi views, the facts you choose to use in your argument are necessairly selected only to prove your thesis, and those that disprove your thesis will be dismissed as irrelevant, or played down.

That way, you can write it from an entirely Jewish perspective, and so long as you get the facts correct, include a few Nazi sources (Stroop report looks like being really useful for this) and show an ability to drawn conclusions from the facts presented, you'll be sorted for a good grade.
  • Options
    What is the exact subject given to you by the teacher? How can you provide counter arguments to something that was simply an event rather than an argument in the first place.
  • Options
    Its the interpretation of the event from the differing perspectives of those who perpetrated it and those who were the victims of it wherein lies the the argument.

Remember events are only apprehended by successive generations based on documentary evidence and subsequent imposition of critical analysis. Within that context there is always scope for divergent assessments and interpretations.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balddog
    What is the exact subject given to you by the teacher? How can you provide counter arguments to something that was simply an event rather than an argument in the first place.

Chose to write about "The uprising in the Warsaw ghetto", portraying it by
    1. the description (refering, no analysis) of the background (ww2/ghetto/extermination camps)
    2. giving an overview on the means, methods and efficiency (where my sources come to play, the analysis part)
    3. and highlighting the results (setting up a discussion, and finishing with a conclusion).

The teachers loved my introduction where I presented my subject and way of handling it. Just told me they were afraid I was going to make it out to be as assignmeant of Jewish heroism, so that I should remember to keep fair and balanced by including all kinds of different sources.

And basically all sources I have been able to find are from the people who fought themselves or books about the holocaust. Not from people denying it...
    So to make this simple I'll probably need to read the strop report plus my own zillions of books. And compare or something like that.
  • Options
    for future use Jacqs www.courseworkbank.co.uk not too sure if it will be any help but if I find any more good ones I'll let you know.

I'm also studying History and applying for a History degree to start next year, if you know any good History sites let me know.

Sympathise with about the objectivity thing, I'm doing the rise of the Nazis at the moment and in the New Year I get to study the Ku Klux Klan, not sure if the KKK have a website but I probably wouldn't log on as BlackArab.

:lol:
  • Options
    Talked to the teacher again.
    Said that including the Stroop report would be fine and then I can conclude whatever I want.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    not sure if the KKK have a website but I probably wouldn't log on as BlackArab.

Why ever not? That is exactly what you should do...

In fact I might go on there as Malcolm X...
  • Options
    fuck me, i took a look at that storm front page and thought "shit, what a bunch of slack jawed hicks".
    Even the mum has a mullet, and the dad looks like he has just risen from the dead.
  • Options
    Are there any nazi sources that state the restrictions imposed on Jews in Poland under ww2?
  • Options
    Documents of the Holocaust

I don't have time to read through the list but this looks like a pretty full record of the offical documents during the occupation
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jim V
    Documents of the Holocaust

I don't have time to read through the list but this looks like a pretty full record of the offical documents during the occupation

It's perfect. Thank you so much.

Minimises research time/efforts/stress as it's all gathered, and will give me more time to recover due to the lack of stress :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Why ever not? That is exactly what you should do...

In fact I might go on there as Malcolm X...

LOL you'd definitely get some lively 'debate' going with that one.