Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Erythromycin and reactions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Most probably haven't heard of that drug, it's not a recretional drug, it's for medical purposes.

But anyway i have to take these for a short while and can't find anywhere around the net about reactions to other drugs with these, i've tried rxlist.com.

Anyone know anything about it or anywhere i can get some info on it about reactions to it while taking other things?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've heard of the drug, but I couldnt place what its for, its not a spot medicine is it? If I'm right I'll be well chuffed.

Could you also give me the chemical name of it, then I can run a few searches and see what I come up with.

The chances are that cannabis wont react with it, there are very few drugs that do.
    Its an antibiotic. It makes me sick as a dog, which is quite common apparently.
    Heres some info sites for you;

http://www.chem.ox.ac.uk/mom/erythromycin/Erythromycin.htm

http://www.medicinenet.com/erythromycin/article.htm

http://bnf.org/bnf/bnf/current/doc/41001i169.htm

"Erythromycin has a similar effect as tetracyclines against ACNE; it can be used both systemically (by mouth) and topically (applied direct to affected area). "

Thats my capitals, but, well I wanted to point out HOW bloody GOOD am I?!!! Eh! Come on, even for me that was good!!!
    Your right yes bongbudda.

I'm not really wondering about cannabis as much, more the mdma or speed or alcohol.

There seems to be nowhere around the net that talks about it and reactions to other drugs.
    Well first of all, I'm sorry you having that type of hassle, I know that can be a bit shite.

In terms of interactions, most antibiotics are relatively safe mixed with other drugs, however I've only had dealings with penacillin based ones.

The one concern I would point out is both MDMA and amphetamines do impact upon your imune system and therefore the anitbiotics might have to work even harder. Also both of them make you sweat quite a bit from the face which might not make the situation any better.

I'll have a look about tomorrow and I'll see what I can dig up.
    if your taking antibiotics alcohol is a no no. simply becuase it completely destroys the antibiotic rendering it useless.
    i have taken them with heroin amphetamine and coke ...without problems.
    It's not that bad, the tablets are just for one certain absess which isn't on my face, my face is fine and only have to take them for another few days.

thanks,i'll take a look back tommorow.
    Heres another set of pages you might want to look at, sorry they are through ask, I am at work and dont really want some pages coming straight up as what they are, if you know what I mean.

www.bloodycomputers.com

www.arse.co.uk

I hope they answer your question.
    What exactly did you enter into the search because it says this

A required parameter is missing from the URL.

Please go back to the Ask Jeeves home page and ask your question again.
    Cheers.

It seems that most people on bluelight said that mdma is normally safe when taken with Erythromycin but just to keep it safe.

I have to take two Erythromycin twice a day each a 12 hour period, i've already taken it this morning and am thinking about not taking it tonight before i go out, see how it goes.
    The people on bluelight know a lot, but most of them really only know from experience, not from any proper medical/science background. So you have to take a lot of what they say with a pinch of salt.

Enjoy your pills, I havent done any in bloody ages, I quite fancy some actualy.
    eurgh i get that as a substitute for penicillin....so mainly the same adverse reactions and stuff as amoxcillin
    so mainly the same adverse reactions and stuff as amoxcillin

which is?
    Originally posted by Shogun
    which is?
    just another very common antibiotic.
    well everyone had some lovely mdma tonight and drink and smoking of course, the anti botics are fine and i'm loving it.

:D
    Originally posted by Shogun
    well everyone had some lovely mdma tonight and drink and smoking of course, the anti botics are fine and i'm loving it.

:D
    glad you had a nice time ...chances are though ...that you'll have to restart your antibiotics cos of the booze!