Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shy at school!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ho hum. Okay, setting = school so there's no way I can get any dutch courage! Anywayyyyyyyyyy yes same old for me! Except this time it's a wee bit different cos normally I'm not confident enough to talk to them but with this girl I get so shy I freeze up literally, and my friends have to basically order me to move, because I can't think for myself or anything!!!

Edited because I spelt because becasue.

Comments

• Options
    ??

??

...and the point of that was...........................?

LOL! ;)

No, I think we have pretty much all been in the situation where somebody literally just takes your breath away...
  • Options
    gwan! make the move! lol just pluck up the courage! even if it comes out h..h..hi! :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    gwan! make the move! lol just pluck up the courage! even if it comes out h..h..hi! :)
    Also, us girls find it cute when guys are rendered speechless by our beauty. :yes:
  • Options
    Pull your finger out, pluck up the courage, and speak to her. I don't want to read a moping, self pittying thread sometime in the next few weeks when you're bemoaning missing out on the opportunity to ask her out when she gets a new boyfriend.
    *kicks ShyBoy's arse*

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Re: Shy at school!
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Ho hum. Okay, setting = school so there's no way I can get any dutch courage!

It never stopped me being at school to have the odd drinky now & again;)

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crispy
    It never stopped me being at school to have the odd drinky now & again;)

tsk tsk!

*realises what a hypocrite shes being n promptly shuts up*

Just go for it hun, she'll be amazed that you had the courage to approach her and will promptly say yes to any question asked her (unless the question requires a no answer) :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cute_Baby_Bear
    Just go for it hun, she'll be amazed that you had the courage to approach her and will promptly say yes to any question asked her (unless the question requires a no answer) :)
    Oh, she'll be amazed allright. Amazed enough to giggle and put him down like most giggly schoolgirls. But then again, she might not. Look Shyboy, there's only one way to find out. Now go ask.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    trip over onto her then offer to buy her lunch.
    theres a fifty fifty chance she'll hit you though :|
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    trip over onto her then offer to buy her lunch.
    theres a fifty fifty chance she'll hit you though :|

That could work!! :D maybe. My female friends have often noted one of my good points is that I buy lunch for everyone and anyone pretty much, because I always seem to have enough money. Except Adele today cos she slapped me last night :(

Hmm, but 'bumping into her' would be a good way to meet I admit. She always ques with her friends though ya know? And her friends know meee kinda (well know of me; I used to have a kinda geek / retard / idiot reputation - now im kinda loner keeps to himself person :D)

Anyway. It might work - if I could get her msn addy or phonew number i could txt / email her which is when I'm not so shy!!
  • Options
    Re: Shy at school!
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Ho hum. Okay, setting = school so there's no way I can get any dutch courage! Anywayyyyyyyyyy yes same old for me! Except this time it's a wee bit different cos normally I'm not confident enough to talk to them but with this girl I get so shy I freeze up literally, and my friends have to basically order me to move, because I can't think for myself or anything!!!

Edited because I spelt because becasue.

Maybe you were hit by the 'Thunderbolt' like Al Pacino was in the Godfather :p
  • Options
    Think if people werent concentrating on how much they liked the person for so long and could trick themself to seeing them as another mate:

Wun: Youd have more chance of getting with them.
    Too: Youd look less like a dink.
    Tree: Youd get more attention from other people (see Fore)
    Fore: You wouldnt have a reputation for being a rat le coi.

God im bored.
  • Options
    u so can get pissed at school, i did
  • Options
    u can do anythin at school u can do out of it :)

dude think bout it liek this, worse thing she can do is say fuck off, then its her loss. the first time i ever scored at school, i used the line i never thought would work, i went up and said, " hi, your almost as good looking as me, wanna go for a walk?" maybe im just a freak but it worked
  • Options
    Also, us girls find it cute when guys are rendered speechless by our beauty.

I totally agree with you :D

But honestly what is the worst that could happen? If you ask her out and she says no big deal just move on, obviously wasn't ment to be. Just try and be brave.
  • Options
    You know what I think hun, just go talk to her! And I cured you so you should be ok :)

I will be very angry and disappointed in you if you don't!
  • Options
    Update:
    Well, I asked my friend who knows her to ask for her email address. She said she doesn't give it out to strangers. But... Now the 'chase' has begun so to speak :p I reckon if my friend explains I'm too shy to speak in real life it will twinge her curiosity and get it. He's going to ask once more and if she really doesn't want to :p then that's too bad. Hum.
  • Options
    Update:
    Talking to her now, we get on really well. I asked her to this thing @ school and she said she didn't know me well enough *yet*. She put an emphasis on yet - which implies to me that she wants to get to know me better. I'm also getting on with her mates well, one of which invited me to a concert but im not sure about going - not my scene.

Anyway, not good to over analyse, thing's are going well, and I think this is the last you'll hear about this anyway because I just have to take it naturally and see what happens. For those of you that read my other thread, this is S btw. :)