Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

music

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I reckon Hardstyle wipes out any of ya Hard House and Trance, though as someone mentioned, Trancecore is the tits :D Though I cant stand non of your girly, floaty and flowery trance. Im partial to a spot of gabber aswell but I have to be well trollied for that and only short spells!

But yes, Hardstyle is the way forward.......when I first heard it, it was like the feeling I got when I first heard hardhouse and now im hooked and reformed :D
    hardstyle? What the fuck is that?

I bet its rubbish.

:p;)
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    hardstyle? What the fuck is that?

I bet its rubbish.

:p;)
    It's harder not faster and its a mix between techno beats and hard trance.
    I'll find you some links links to some when I get chance.

AN YOU SHALL BE REFORMED! :p
    Oh, come on, a nice bit of mid-90's hardcore is top, although only in small doses and really only because its fun.

I really think that what Scott Brown, Sharky and Energy are doing is good, they seem to be evolving Hardcore into something that is top. Just enough of the fun that makes Hardcore enjoyable, but dark and fast enough to really get you going. Thats certainly how it was when I went to Elation last.
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    It's harder not faster and its a mix between techno beats and hard trance.
    I'll find you some links links to some when I get chance.

AN YOU SHALL BE REFORMED! :p

Naaaah, you're alright. I used to be into all that acid techno, Nu NRG, hardhouse, trance etc back in the mid 90's. Got bored of it.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Oh, come on, a nice bit of mid-90's hardcore is top, although only in small doses and really only because its fun.

I really think that what Scott Brown, Sharky and Energy are doing is good, they seem to be evolving Hardcore into something that is top. Just enough of the fun that makes Hardcore enjoyable, but dark and fast enough to really get you going. Thats certainly how it was when I went to Elation last.

Naaaah, the good bit of hardcore evolved into jungle and then breakbeat and 2-step garage. The shit bit became happy hardcore and trancecore.

IMO natch.
    *sighs*

i like em all... but not garage... :D

jungle is THE music :D
    Just because it came out of hardcore doesnt make garage any good.

I dont like the music and when ever I've met its listeners out I've liked them even less, a moody, grumpy and aresy lot of people if ever there was.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I dont like the music and when ever I've met its listeners out I've liked them even less, a moody, grumpy and aresy lot of people if ever there was.

Thats because, i think, of the subculture that comes with music.. garage&drum&bass people seem to deveop the same subculture and attitudes reflected in the music which can lead to some listeners being moody, grumpy, aggressive etc

with hardcore and trance a different subculture deveops its a mroe lvoing and friendly one so the people who pick up on it reflect it in their actions too...

Ive noticed the difference in hardcore/trance etc events the atmosphere is completly different to the drum&bass events i still love the atmosphere at dnb but its not as friendly i think..

edited to rephrase to make me sound less of a stereotyping bitch!!
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Naaaah, you're alright. I used to be into all that acid techno, Nu NRG, hardhouse, trance etc back in the mid 90's. Got bored of it.
    Fair enough but if you get the chance to listen to some, I have faith you will be suprised :D
    I don't think so. I like my music to have funk, melody, soul and groove.
    has no one heard of rush?
    Originally posted by Shogun
    has no one heard of rush?

Yep. Great band, but no good for listening to on drugs :p
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Yep. Great band, but no good for listening to on drugs :p

You've got that one wrong there.

;)
    tom waits when your full of whiskey.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    tom waits when your full of whiskey.

What!

:crazyeyes
    Originally posted by Shogun
    What!

:crazyeyes
    have a listen to swordfish trombones or franks wild years ...you may get the whiskey connection but ...i doubt it'll be for you.
    i love the stuuf ...and the whiskey as well.
    Jack Daniels and Alabama 3
    i dont care what u think but the streets are the best weak become heros is a phat song to listern to when your coming up and stay positive is good but depressing if you are on a downer. hip hop and uk garage is good for what eva your on.:yes:
    Originally posted by K.N.S
    i dont care what u think but the streets are the best weak become heros is a phat song to listern to when your coming up and stay positive is good but depressing if you are on a downer. hip hop and uk garage is good for what eva your on.:yes:

that reminds me of the morning after my first time on pills, just sat on the balcony of my hotel room with a joint and big bottle of water, the feeling was amazing. just had that on repeat and i just sat and thought about the night and reflected on the feelings they gave me, still had a shakey jaw etc... bliss