Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

how are all you users?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
tell it like it is.
what is your physical and mental health like?
what kind of future do you see for yourselves?
are you in a reasonable environment?
do you consider yourself to be a lucky or unlucky person?
are you having any drug or drink related problems?
are you a drain on medical services of any kind?

are you a bum?

the reson i ask ...and no i'm not expecting many people to answer every question but ...i am asking that you be honest.

people come here stoned ...people who know nothing of chemical dependancy or recreational use.
i explained to someone recently that i still haven't developed a twitch!
we laugh amongst ourselves while others are generaly concerned and worried.
so how are you drug using people feel on the whole?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: how are all you users?
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    tell it like it is.
    what is your physical and mental health like?
    what kind of future do you see for yourselves?
    are you in a reasonable environment?
    do you consider yourself to be a lucky or unlucky person?
    are you having any drug or drink related problems?
    are you a drain on medical services of any kind?

are you a bum?

Physical health is great, sure I couldn't run a long distance race like I used to a few years back (mostly out of choice, I'm sure I could if I pushed myself) but I'm fit and healthy. Mental health - can't remember the last time I was depressed.
    I see a good future ahead of me, I'm performing top of my class in all my subjects, hitting all my targets or above - will definitely be going to University if I carry on like I am.
    Living at home with my mum, but things have never been better between us, we get on like a house on fire. She's supportive of me and let's me do my own thing. Obviously doesn't like me doing class A's but when it comes to smoking pot she's realised it's part of this generation and she has no problem with me smoking whatsoever, which I think is the best way.
    Couldn't say if I'm a lucky or unlucky person, can't remember any examples of me being unlucky, or likewise me being lucky (or is that cannabis playing with my memory? :p)
    I have no drug problems whatsoever, I can go weeks/months with no hard (in comparison to cannabis - speed, pills, etc) drugs. Like a good drink and smoke now and again, who doesn't. In no way shape or form dependant.
    And I'm on no medication whatsoever, don't need any kind of medication, haven't been to the doctors in well over a year.
    And no, I'm not a bum. I'm at full time college with a small job on the side (enough money for all my personal needs). What more could I ask for?

People need not stereotype.Not all drug users all pale faced out and out no hopers. Majority are just honest, decent people out for a good time. And a good time is what they have! :D
    i take your word for that ...that is possibly the most positive post i ever saw from you.
    i do believe your being a reasonably honest man.

come on ...honesty apreciated.
    I would say I am in relatively good health, I dont exercise as much as I used to but that is in no way related to my drug use. Its mainly because I work now and I just really dont have the time any more that I used to.

My main health problem has nothing to do with my drug use, which is my insomnia which I have had for ages and which I believe I inherited from my dad as my brother also has the same problem. Apart from my recent bout of glandular fever I havent been ill in a very long time and never get colds etc unlike my mrs who is a little sickly.

I'm in a good place, I own not rent my flat, although obviously I dont own it outright. Both of us have full time jobs and are earning a decent wage, obviously we both pay taxes etc.

My future prospects? Erm. I would like to move into the area of drugs education and treatment, maybe on the policy side and for this perhaps I'll do a masters.

Do I think I'm lucky? I dont think I really believe in luck as such, although I do tend to land on my feet most of the time.

I think my past drug use have had a possitive impact upon my life with minimal side effects. I dont do anything in a major way, but I dont think I will cut it out completely for a long while yet.
    Physical health is fine, have my minor problems but those are completly unrelated to drug use, had since i was little ~ im sure id be a lot fitter if it wasnt for the smoking however!

Mental heath, unstable i guess & i was diagnosed with problems at a young age BEFORE starting class a drugs, and although i do not think there is a relation my mental health has got a lot better since starting class A. Id say my mental health is pretty good right now. Had a heap of problems depression, paranoia and so forth...So i dont think drugs have had a negative (or positive either) effect on my mental health.

Ive gone back to study, am 19 and restarted my AS course, plan to go to university get my joint degree in Sociology and Criminology then work in the police force. And get as high in the ladder as i can... yes ill be quitting drugs!! Other than that ill study at university then go on to become a rape victim therapist.

Im in a good environment compared to many at my college. It might not be brilliant but i live in a comfortable house, fair enough in a not too brilliant area but i spend a great deal of my time in Kent and im not affected by crime, poverty or anything like that. I have a big support network if i ever needed it, and im happy with my life.

I consider myself to be lucky, my mum says i have a guardian angel looking over me. I seem to get my self in a lot of negative or dangerous situations and have suffered a lot of heartbreak and upset but always come out stronger. So yup, im lucky.

I went through a stage of feeling very dependent on cocaine, ive turned myself around completly now, i still use it but maybe only once a month at our chinese and cocaine sessions!

I may be a drain on the medical services, always seem to be at the clinic or doctors, but for reasons completly un related to drug use. More related to sex issues than anything else.

I used to be a bum. Lost a lot of motivation to go out and do anything, but i blame that entirely on the state of my mental health. Now though, i have loads of aspirations, goals and im working hard to achive them, i study, im active, practice my yoga and mediation. Im going to start working soon looking for a job to work nights so i can still have time to study... not a bum at all!
    Physical health isn't a problem. I'm not as healthy (as in eating etc.) or fit as i could be, but thats not through drugs.

Mental health seems to be fine, the Norman Bates side of me left a while ago :D

I see a good future for me, starting college next year and then off to university following that.
    Home life literally coldn't get any better. My parents are supportive of me, and understand that smoking cannabis isn't as harmful or as degenerative as it's made out to be, so they let me smoke, and i thank them for that. I have a great sister who is also supportive of me, and my parents are second to none.

I would say i'm a lucky person,because i'm lucky that i don't have any drug addictions whatsoever, and because of the loving and safe environment i'm in at home.
    I find it interesting that everybody's physical health is not what it used to be, but they don't blame it on drugs.

denial?
    Originally posted by Mr Anonymous
    I find it interesting that everybody's physical health is not what it used to be, but they don't blame it on drugs.

denial?
    well the reason i asked this question was to get an idea of where peoples health and welfare are at ...or ...where they think it's at. if we are to believe the bad news about drug use then the medical services at least should be overflowing with drug related problems ...they are not even after 40yrs of illegal drugs being popular. the courts and prisons are swamped with drug related problems ...but thats a legal illegal argument.
    after many many years involved with drugs i have seen death and disease related to drug use but very very little compared to the ammount of people using stuff. an estimated 7/10 billion quid are year are spent on illegals in the U.K alone!
    i think the point you bring up is interesting but i think most none users would likely give a similar answer ...unless of course they are into sport and the gym etc.
    burgers and fizzy drinks and crisps and alcohol on the other hand seem to be cuasing serious problems in our society.
    I'm still healthy, but well, as with a lot of people, when your younger you have a bit more time and when you start working and have other commitments then its harder to exercice and such.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I'm still healthy, but well, as with a lot of people, when your younger you have a bit more time and when you start working and have other commitments then its harder to exercice and such.
    did i hear middleage calling in that message ...
    You sure did, I keep telling you I'm an old git.
    You sure did, I keep telling you I'm an old git.
    do you remember black jacks? 4 for a penny ...
    I was always a mojo man myself. 2 for a penny. Crisps for 5p and remember being amazed when lager went up to £1 a pint.
    i remeber my first ounce of paki black ...eight quid!
    I didnt like blackjacks, but those fruit versions, what were they called. I remember them being two for a penny.

I also remember when I was impressed with my computer because it had all of 1/2 a megabyte of hard drive!
    You are truely old if you think that Radio 1 gets worse AFTER 6pm on a friday.
    I didnt like blackjacks, but those fruit versions, what were they called. I remember them being two for a penny.

a yarr a big softie! fruit salads they were called. and your just a two for penny middle aged kid ...you only rmember buying them for half the price!
    i remeber gas lights and trolley busses ...does busses have that many s's in or did they just all turn up at once?
    Originally posted by Andy_Booth
    You are truely old if you think that Radio 1 gets worse AFTER 6pm on a friday.
    i remember the transistor radio arriving! a radio small enough to fit in a carrier bag that you could sit in the garden and listen to ...and radio one hadn't been invented. in our household it was the light programme ...at a freinds it was the home services.
    at night i used to take it under the blankets and with my little one ear piece ear socket ...tune into radio luxenburg or american forces in europe ...and radio caroline ...a pirate off shore station. thats where i met bob dylan and make love not war ...sounded to good to be true but wander down that road ever since ...
    I've never really liked Radio One, although Sara Cox could be quite funny when I was working early morning and Goldfinger can be quite good with a bit of good raga.

I'm more of a Radio Four man myself.
    I've never really liked Radio One, although Sara Cox could be quite funny when I was working early morning and Goldfinger can be quite good with a bit of good raga.

I'm more of a Radio Four man myself.
    i knew it ...check socks and a cardigan.
    and a collection of minature pipes.
    And I got called "behind the times" recently.
    Originally posted by Mr Anonymous

denial?

maybe its denial, for some people, for me my medical conditions begun years before i begun taking drugs, and have got a lot better to near enough perfect since taking drugs. But of course, i dont assume drugs are the reason for that.

fruit salads are THE sweets.. oh the don-ness!!!

(minxy did acid on saturday, dont know why - bored of pills i guess, thought it wasnt much to rave about, wont be doing it again :) kinda boring!!!)
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    (minxy did acid on saturday, dont know why - bored of pills i guess, thought it wasnt much to rave about, wont be doing it again :) kinda boring!!!)
    it was crap gear then minx!
    acid is far from boring ...do shrooms ...then do acid which should be like a 100 more times powerful.
    Mushies can be just as strong as acid, it just depends on dose.
    I dont doubt that they wernt up to much, my fella only tripped out a little bit, however im beginning to think my body doesnt work in that way-with shrooms i had amazonian strain that my boyfriend grew everybody tripped out and raved about them, i didnt notice anything but a stoned feeling. With the acid a friend had some major trips and other friends were triping hard also, but i just felt pilling. Maybe i had some crap tabs off the batch. But im just beginning to think those kind of drugs dont work their best with my mind?

not too bothered about persuing it, id rather reduce my drug use than expand it anyway :)
    You maybe whats termed as a 'hard head' someone who for whatever reason has to take way above the norm for trips. People react very differently to them for strange reasons, especialy when you get into the weirder ones.

2-ct-7 for example, my mrs loved the stuff and 25mg blew her away, I did 50mg and got nothing.
    See, that sounds more than possible to me.. however what makes me doubt that and get confused is the amount of trips ive had off pills and speed.

But then again, id had an 8th of speed a day for a few days in a binge session which resulted in trips and with pill i guess id have had 7 or something which may be above average but i dont know...

im just a bit baffled by it all tbh
    early seventies we were getting 100% acid produced by a reputable drug company perfectly legaly ...the company was called sandoz. the supply to the general public of course was illegal. very powerful but ...i had a mate in hull ...he could not for the life of him get any effect at all! one night he dropped ten trips to prove a point. he giggled for about 20 mins and that was it!
    how ...why ...not a friggin clue. mushrooms do nothing to him either ...