Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lifesaving

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone done it?

I really want to try and get some kind of qualification, so i can ultimately get some part time job at my local swimming pool.

But i need to wear glasses and contact lenses and i'm not sure if that means i can't do it. Bc i wouldn't be able to open my eyes underwater.

Does anyone know if this matters?

Thanks in advance for answers.:)

Comments

• Options
    http://www.lifesavers.org.uk/

you need to get a NPLQ

which would take about 3 or 4 weekends, is hard work, and you will have to re-do it each year.

should cost about £200 or so

is very hard work

you can get googles with lenses in i think, depends how bad your eyes are...

hope this helps
  • Options
    you re do the NPLQ every 2 years.
    your not supposed to be able to wear goggles whilst doing it, its depends how bad your eyes are. you usually have to be 18 to work in a leisure centre, although some places will take u on at 16. its the boring job in the world tho. but easy money i suppose. go to your local pool and ask them when they are running the next livesaving course. usually the minimum requirement is an RLSS bronze medallion, which is life saving and the NPLQ is the proffessional qualification, most places will take you with a bronze medallion and then put you through the NPLQ.