Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cocaine to over take pills?

I dont now whether you have seen the headlines but apparently cocaine could well be the next ecstacy. The use of which has gone down slightly but the use of coke as trippled since 1996.

This doesnt overtly surprise me to be honest, pills are seen as dirty and of poor qaulity these days, and are in some circles getting the same sort of reputation as speed.

Cocaine on the other hand is put forward as a 'clean' drug, even though its stepped on with all kids of shit and probably got to you through someones digestive system.

This is a seriously concerning trend, cocaine is massively addictive and can be really really harmful, not to say MDMA isnt, but to my mind there really isnt a comparison to be made.

Is this mainly a cost thing do you think, with the price of coke falling from about 50 quid a few years ago to 30-40 now and the purity going up. Or is this a response to the flood of pills that have entered the market, most of which are made somewhat badly and therefore feel unclean?

What do you think the effect of this will be on clubs? Could there be an even bigger split between the clubs where cocaine is the most used drug and ones where pills are?

Oh and heres a link;

http://www.ask.co.uk/kb.asp?q=The+Guardian&p=0&s=0&ac=NEWS&xx=0&qid=4E0E30A4103F8348B1ADB170687E1B4E&sp=kbtp&fn=kb&fo=1&r=1&io=1&pk=1&fr=0&bl=0&aj_ques=snapshot%3DUKKB%26kbid%3D3125100%26item1%3D3361615-3125039&aj_logid=4E0E30A4103F8348B1ADB170687E1B4E&aj_rank=1&aj_score=40.01&aj_list1=3361615-3125039&qi.x=7&qi.y=8
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    another phase another shift in the unatural world of drugs and other mystery spices.
    theres a lot of drugs being used thats for sure.
    remember about two months ago ...they took out the biggest cocain gang in the history of the universe ...street prices will rocket ...what a load of bollox that was and a waste of time effort and money. the streets of the western world are swimming in the stuff. there must be coke mountains out there beyond the special herb garden that stretches forever and beyond.

pill street ...just off tobacco road.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Your right, it was supposed to make a big impact and I've heard nothing about prices actualy changing.