Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pop punk/rock

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by ladybirdsdie
    does no one on this board grasp the concept of irony?
    no.

or is me saying that ironic?

its hrd to grasp irony wen we can't here the tone of youre voice, for instance, heres me being sarcastic, "Gareth Gates is the biggest talent ever and an inspiration to all". however, if i didn't state i was being sarcastic, for all you know i could be your typical 12 year old blonde bimbo tennybopper
    Originally posted by turlough
    for all you know i could be your typical 12 year old blonde bimbo tennybopper
    you're not?:)
    I 'grasped' it, I laughed, all is well. I argued with the Will Young person's sentiments.

And also, Busted's songs are like all D, G and E so even if they did play the songs, so could about a zillion people.

:rolleyes:

no, we're all idiots with no sense of humour.
    Originally posted by perfectsonnet
    There's a million bands doing the same thing but better AND with more integrity.

Busted are pure pop, agreed?

Well name me another pop band band the same as Busted. My point was that Busted aren't pretentious. Every time "real music fans" discuss pop music, they moan about artists not singing live, artists not writing their own music, artists not forming of their own accord, artists not playing instruments. Then when a band like Busted come along and break all these myths, people are still snobby. Admit it, you don't wanna be seen to like any pop music whatsoever.

And tbh, I don't really care about integrity. That's another thing that pisses me off about "cool" music fans. They all go on about how superior they are and how all their banda are "in it for the music". Then you all moan when "xyz crappy prentious shitty band" gets to number 39 in the charts or something.

"Ohh, they've sold out, I'm no listening to them no more"
    Originally posted by a badSTAR
    And what has LTJ got to do with busted?

Uhh, how about they were both mentioned in the thread?

Let me re-iterate. In my opinion...

Busted = Good, unpretenious pop music
    LTJ = Utter wank
    Originally posted by O_o

First of all, singing live is only an issue when ur talking about pop music, because ALL rock bands i have seen perform LIVE.

And their singing fucking sucks, if I may say so :)
    Anyone who doesnt write their own lyrics dont deserve to be famous *cough* will young *cough*.

Fair point, Will doesn't write all his own songs. But if it was suddenly revelaed that all this guitar shit was written by other people, would it really affect you THAT much?

Anyway, Elvis and Frank Sinatra didn't write their own music. I openly admit Will isn't an established songwriter, but I'm not enough of a moron to not like someone because of that. he does have a great vocal (which very few rock musicians actually have), which is more important to me than if he writes his own stuff. When I listen to a CD, I judge it on what I hear, not furiously checking the credits to see who wrote it, moron.

And more to the point, I thought shitey guitar music wasn't about being famous?

Stop talking out of your arse.

Thirdly, if by music snobs, you mean people who like good music then yes, we fucking hate them, cuz they are fucking shit.

There is no such thing as "good music". It's all people's opinions. You think Will and Busted suck, I think shitey bands like these mentioned and others suck.

Hey ho.

And finally someone who likes Will Young shouldnt be telling others what music is good (eg Busted) and shit (LTJ), cuz your opinion is worthless.

You aren't very good at this, are you?

In my opinon, Will Young and Busted are good at what they do. I also think that LTJ and other bands I've heard fucking suck.

Tbh, it's have been so much easier to be like the likes of you, and listen to whatever my mates listen to, just for the sake of it. I don't denty the right for you to have an opinion, even though I don't agree with it and I think you talk shit.

And why shouldn't I have my own tastes?

If your Mummy liked carrot soup, and you hated it, would it make your Mummy's opinion worthless? No? So shut the fuck up, and go choke to death. Or better still, wash.

God, you rockers make me laugh and vomit at the same time :mad:

At least the stuff I like knows what it is. Busted know they are pop. Will Young knows he is pop. You lot should take your anger out on stuff like Linkin Park and Evanescence, stuff that tries to be something it isn't.
    Posted by the doc horatio
    Brian took you seriously.

Nah, I just fancied a rant. I could see the irony :p

And BTW, a lot of you so called rock music "fans" seem to know a hell of a lot about the life and times of Busted. I can just see you all pretending to be listening to Nirvana or something equally shite, when in fact you're all bopping away to Year 3000 :p:lol:

Well name me another pop band band the same as Busted. My point was that Busted aren't pretentious. Every time "real music fans" discuss pop music, they moan about artists not singing live, artists not writing their own music, artists not forming of their own accord, artists not playing instruments. Then when a band like Busted come along and break all these myths, people are still snobby. Admit it, you don't wanna be seen to like any pop music whatsoever.

***Pop bands that are like Busted: All American Rejects, Good Charlotte, Mest, Simple Plan, The Format, The Rocket Summer. All extremely poppy bands who actually write their own stuff. Just because you read in Sugar magazine that the dude with the eyebrows wrote some lyrics, doesn't mean he did. Maybe he wrote 'Got on a plance from London Heathrow' and therefore claims to have a part in the songwriting process. You're missing the concept. I like plenty of poppy music and I'm proud of it, New Found Glory's self titled album is incredibely poppy but for about 3 years its been one of my favourite CD's.***

And tbh, I don't really care about integrity. That's another thing that pisses me off about "cool" music fans. They all go on about how superior they are and how all their banda are "in it for the music". Then you all moan when "xyz crappy prentious shitty band" gets to number 39 in the charts or something.

"Ohh, they've sold out, I'm no listening to them no more"

***Fair enough, some people do that, I don't. If a band gets famous without compromising their beliefs and sound then I'm happy for them, but integrity is important to me. I want to believe a band and believe the music. I don't want a band that has been told how to sound and look and has had their song's written for them. A band should be in it for the music, not in it for the money and the fame, like Busted are.***

Let me re-iterate. In my opinion...

Busted = Good, unpretenious pop music
    LTJ = Utter wank

***Fair enough, your opinion, I can respect that. However, interestingly Busted have quite clearly been made for a target audience. What's that target audience? Dumb 12 year old girls. Now I'm not a huge fan of Less Than Jake but surely the fact that their fanbase is mostly older and smarter says something about the two bands.***

Fair point, Will doesn't write all his own songs. But if it was suddenly revelaed that all this guitar shit was written by other people, would it really affect you THAT much?

***Of course it would. As a music fan I feel a connection to the artist and thats important to me. A sense of trust almost, and if an artist betrays that trust then yeah, I might listen to them, but I wouldn't respect them and I'd certainly listen to them a lot less.***

Anyway, Elvis and Frank Sinatra didn't write their own music. I openly admit Will isn't an established songwriter, but I'm not enough of a moron to not like someone because of that. he does have a great vocal (which very few rock musicians actually have), which is more important to me than if he writes his own stuff. When I listen to a CD, I judge it on what I hear, not furiously checking the credits to see who wrote it, moron.

***Hot damn, you called me a moron. If I like a song thats by an artist that doesn't write their own music, doesn't stop me liking the song and even listening to it, but I'd much rather have an artist thats not a brilliant singer but writes from the heart, and really means what they sing, than someone like Will Young who is intended to appeal to pre-teenage girls. His songs have no depth, no intelligence, no integrity. Maybe us 'moronic' music fans just apprecaite music for more than a catchy, accessible tune.***

***Its not about being famous, you missed the point***

There is no such thing as "good music". It's all people's opinions. You think Will and Busted suck, I think shitey bands like these mentioned and others suck.

Hey ho.

***You can have your opinions just like we can have ours, and as I've said I'm glad you stick to yours BUT there is such a thing as good music. I agree with your point to some extent, but for example the Cheeky Girls aren't good, The Beatles were. There's no disputing that and if someone told me otherwise, opinion or not, they'd be wrong.

Look at it like this: You go into art school and your teacher shows you a photo of the Mona Lisa. She tells you why its an amazing painting and explains the ins and outs of it. You say 'Meh, I don't like it'. The fact that you don't like it says more about you than it does about the painting.***

In my opinon, Will Young and Busted are good at what they do. I also think that LTJ and other bands I've heard fucking suck.

And why shouldn't I have my own tastes?

**You go girl***

If your Mummy liked carrot soup, and you hated it, would it make your Mummy's opinion worthless? No? So shut the fuck up, and go choke to death. Or better still, wash.

God, you rockers make me laugh and vomit at the same time :mad:

***You're generalizing way too much. If you read my '12 year old girl' comments and got mad, then you just did exactly the same thing I did, only I was careful to say 'mostly'.***

At least the stuff I like knows what it is. Busted know they are pop. Will Young knows he is pop. You lot should take your anger out on stuff like Linkin Park and Evanescence, stuff that tries to be something it isn't.

***Linkin Park and Evanescence are about the same league as Busted. Also, Busted and Will Young KNOW they aren't good, and I'm sure they know they're just big scams to get kids to pay record companies money, however, they continue to do so because it puts money in their pockets too. Thus they suffocate real talent from coming through.***

And BTW, a lot of you so called rock music "fans" seem to know a hell of a lot about the life and times of Busted. I can just see you all pretending to be listening to Nirvana or something equally shite, when in fact you're all bopping away to Year 3000 :p:lol: [/B]

***See you insulted Nirvana and said Busted are better than them. Maybe in your opinion but you've got to understand that Nirvana are lightyears ahead of Busted, and I even think Nirvana are overrated. Maybe if Busted spearhead a movement and a generation, I'll eat my words. But with their 'unpretentious' pop sound, I don't really see that happening any time soon.***
    Busted are annoying. But I still can't help liking them a bit. They make me laugh, which is nice and refreshing. They're guitar-pop as someone else said, though, DEFINITELY not rock or punk. It doesn't matter if the chords go D G E or whatever when the people who listen to it probably don't care about actually playing the music as they're too busy looking at that guy with the scary eyebrows and thinking he's 'fit'.

Pop bands that are like Busted: All American Rejects, Good Charlotte, Mest, Simple Plan, The Format, The Rocket Summer. All extremely poppy bands who actually write their own stuff.

Out of that list, I've only heard of GC. But don't they try to be something they aren't, i.e punk and alternative?

In my opinion, Busted are very good, unpretentious guitar pop. You'll disgaree with that, but no worries.

Just because you read in Sugar magazine that the dude with the eyebrows wrote some lyrics, doesn't mean he did. Maybe he wrote 'Got on a plance from London Heathrow' and therefore claims to have a part in the songwriting process..

I do actually check the writing credits. Come on, I'm not saying they're genius songwriters, no way. But just because they do well in the charts and stuff, does not mean they're automatically talentless morons.

For me, it doesn't even matter how many people contribute to a pop song (marketing of it, etc), it's the end product that I'm more interested in.

Fair enough, some people do that, I don't. If a band gets famous without compromising their beliefs and sound then I'm happy for them, but integrity is important to me. I want to believe a band and believe the music. I don't want a band that has been told how to sound and look and has had their song's written for them. A band should be in it for the music, not in it for the money and the fame, like Busted are.

That's up to you. Doesn't matter to me, but then it's up to you.

How the hell do you know Busted aren't in it for the music too, though? No doubt they lap up the fame and the money. but they're three teenage lads, for crying out loud.

Just because they lap up the fame and the cash, doesn't mean they aren't in it for the music too.

Anyway, you're telling me rock musicians don't get loads of shags and all that from groupies? Bet they don't send the money back, either :p

Fair enough, your opinion, I can respect that. However, interestingly Busted have quite clearly been made for a target audience. What's that target audience? Dumb 12 year old girls. Now I'm not a huge fan of Less Than Jake but surely the fact that their fanbase is mostly older and smarter says something about the two bands.

Might do, but it's still all opinions.

You don't get many 20 year old lads like myself choosing Busted over LTJ, but hey ho.

Of course it would. As a music fan I feel a connection to the artist and thats important to me. A sense of trust almost, and if an artist betrays that trust then yeah, I might listen to them, but I wouldn't respect them and I'd certainly listen to them a lot less.

Fair enough, that's probably something that rock music fans would understand more than the likes of me would.

As I've said, I really wouldn't give a shit.
    If I like a song thats by an artist that doesn't write their own music, doesn't stop me liking the song and even listening to it, but I'd much rather have an artist thats not a brilliant singer but writes from the heart, and really means what they sing, than someone like Will Young who is intended to appeal to pre-teenage girls. His songs have no depth, no intelligence, no integrity. Maybe us 'moronic' music fans just apprecaite music for more than a catchy, accessible tune

Again, a lot of that is down to you being a rock fan.

But Will Young is NOT aimed at pre-teenage girls, that's blatently untrue. Yes, they buy his songs, and yes, he's probably got a lot of those sorts as fans. And yes, he won Pop idol, which was designed to find someone who WOULD be aimed at pre-teen girls.
    Which is exactly the reason Simon Cowell wanted Gareth Gates to win Pop Idol, because he'd have appealed so much more to that generation.

But if you listen to Will's albums, it isn't all girly, girly pop music, it totally isn't. You're much more likely to see him on Parkinson and Graham Norton (like he was the other week) than CITV or whatever. And yes, he's more a talented performer than a talented musician at the moment, bu the's good at what he does.

You can have your opinions just like we can have ours, and as I've said I'm glad you stick to yours BUT there is such a thing as good music. I agree with your point to some extent, but for example the Cheeky Girls aren't good, The Beatles were. There's no disputing that and if someone told me otherwise, opinion or not, they'd be wrong.

Agreed.

But dismissing all chart pop music as crap (not as you've done, but as a lot of people do), then you're effectively saying that Will Young (who you must admit has some degree of talent :p) and the Cheeky Girls are all the same. Which, they aren't.

Look at it like this: You go into art school and your teacher shows you a photo of the Mona Lisa. She tells you why its an amazing painting and explains the ins and outs of it. You say 'Meh, I don't like it'. The fact that you don't like it says more about you than it does about the painting.

Yes, but if someone said they didn't find it particularly appealing to the eye, then that could just be down to their tastes.

Look, I wouldn't dismiss all rock music as crap. OK, I can't think off the top of my head of that many rock music bands I'd buy, but you know what I mean. I say bands suck, but I admit I don't know the ins and outs of who wrote what and why the wrote it or whatever. I just think a lot of the attitudes are a bit pretentious, to be honest.

You're generalizing way too much. If you read my '12 year old girl' comments and got mad, then you just did exactly the same thing I did, only I was careful to say 'mostly'

Yes, I should maybe have pointed it out.

And it's not aimed at you personally, I'm just referring to a fair proportion of the rock music fanbase.

Linkin Park and Evanescence are about the same league as Busted. Also, Busted and Will Young KNOW they aren't good, and I'm sure they know they're just big scams to get kids to pay record companies money, however, they continue to do so because it puts money in their pockets too. Thus they suffocate real talent from coming through.

No, you can tell Evanscence and Linkin Park so want to be seen as cool rock.

Totally disagree about Will Young. Yes, Cowell and the like are getting a shitload of money from these kids (who BTW only get a fraction of all this dosh), but it does not mean they suck. Said it before, I think Will Young is a good performer, and a good vocalist. People go on about how he can't sing and has no talent, but he came 1st out of about 30,000 people ffs. Of course he ca sing.

No, I'm not saying it makes him John Lennon or anything, but he's good at what he does. And I'm convinced in time he'll develop further as a songwriter.

And BTW, I saw him ranting on Richard and Judy about how he thought it was unfair on the fans that there were two different versions of his single coming out. He's not a Gareth Gates style
    muppet, and he does have talent. Whether people can appreciate it or not, who knows?

See you insulted Nirvana and said Busted are better than them. Maybe in your opinion but you've got to understand that Nirvana are lightyears ahead of Busted, and I even think Nirvana are overrated. Maybe if Busted spearhead a movement and a generation, I'll eat my words. But with their 'unpretentious' pop sound, I don't really see that happening any time soon

Never said Busted were "better" than them. I'd rather listen to Busted than Nirvana, because I hate Nirvanas music, and I think they were so far up their own arses.

Tbh, i don't really care if Busted spearahead a movement or not. If it's Nirvana who are to blame for all the greebo bastards you see walking around, then maybe Kurt did the right thing :)

It's all about opinions though, eh?
    you guys make my head hurt.

both types of music/both bands are good at what they do. please can we leave it at that.

in all honesty i think you're both taking this way too seriously and in making your comments dissing bands that some people on here like. therefore voiding all you're arguements about 'if someone likes it why diss it'

to me it seems like you're both making the same points just about different bands. brian isnt a rock fan. whoever the other person is doesnt like pop.

now sush before i come and bitch slap you.

edited to add
    1. Please respect the opinions of others.
    read the rules grrr:p
    Yeah blllllatantly, however, I think it was quite a calm discussion about music between myself and the Will Young fan, I very much respect his/her opinion as I've stated.

And... I thought these were discussion boards anyways? I agree we're making the same points with different bands and its pretty clear we've both got our own opinions and aren't going to change them, which is cool by me.

So what's the point of this post? Oh yeah, I remember, I wanted to point out me and Will Young Fan are talking to each other about things neither of us are particuarly guilty of, like the 'rock fan' thing. Therefore a lot of the things he/she said I agree with and vice versa, what its come down to now is opinion as neither of us are the mindless people we've stereotypically associated with the kinds of music we listen to.

BO!
    Well there's been a lot of generalisations here. But anyway.

Yes, they are pure pop, i've got nothing against pop music. Busted aren't even overly cheesy like alot, which is good. They're potentialy a really good pop group. I saw them do an acoustic version of one their songs once, and it actually impressed me. Well it would have if they would have removed the goofy looking 11 year old sat between them singing along. But the thing is, they don't sing live, they don't play live, they don't even do a good job of pretending they do, maybe it's more to do with their record company telling them what to do. But if they got rid of the videos that are aimed at 10 year olds, stopping hopping on the "punk is cool!!" bandwagon, sang/performed live, then they'd be good.
    And their singing fucking sucks, if I may say so
    ALL bands which sing live which come under the alternative label suck? Oh come on, think about what you're saying. Yeah, some do, and so do some pop artists, and then alot don't. I don't know how you can say that.

But i agree on the Will Young thing, you being a fan makes no difference to your right to an opinion, in fact i think Will Young is a beautiful vocalist. People who go on about him not writing his own songs annoy me, he's not a band, he's a vocalist, and i heard he wrote half his album anyway.
    Originally posted by Bri-namite

whoa!! stop right there. the whole point of being a singer is to get across the meaning of the song and put EMOTION into it. and if she/he didnt write it, then how the hell are they going to do that when they didnt even write it in the first place?

and another thing, you are saying that you dont care that will doesnt write his own crap songs, and that doesnt matter to you because he's a good singer. Well you know what, moron, it doesnt matter to ME whether the vocal are perfect, what matters to me, is the lyrics behind the song, whether or not the singer actually is allowing his emotion to get through in the song.

i couldnt give a fuck whether or not the singer has had singing lesson since he was five or whatever, to make him sing like he does, because at the end of the day, i would rather listen to someone who means what he is singing.

finally

You don't get many 20 year old lads like myself choosing Busted over LTJ, but hey ho.

No, your right, you dont get many 20 year old lads liking Busted over LTJ. You also dont get many 20 year old lads who would use will young as their avatar. Do you know why? Its cuz most 20 year old lads have grown up, and no longer like the music they did when they growing out of when they were 12.
    Originally posted by O_o
    and another thing, you are saying that you dont care that will doesnt write his own crap songs, and that doesnt matter to you because he's a good singer. Well you know what, moron, it doesnt matter to ME whether the vocal are perfect, what matters to me, is the lyrics behind the song, whether or not the singer actually is allowing his emotion to get through in the song.

Good for you.
    Originally posted by O_o

i couldnt give a fuck whether or not the singer has had singing lesson since he was five or whatever, to make him sing like he does, because at the end of the day, i would rather listen to someone who means what he is singing.

Whoo, well I couldn't give a fuck if he writes his own songs or not.

Still, doesn't change my opinion that rock music is shite.

Howvever, I'll respect your opinion that Will Young can't sing, even if it has all been fed to you :lol:
    Originally posted by O_o

No, your right, you dont get many 20 year old lads liking Busted over LTJ. You also dont get many 20 year old lads who would use will young as their avatar. Do you know why? Its cuz most 20 year old lads have grown up, and no longer like the music they did when they growing out of when they were 12.

It's up to you whether you like utter wank like Nirvana and it's up to me if I like "shit" like Will Young.

Edited because that was very childish to comment on your Faceparty like that :)
    :banghead:
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    :banghead:

The debate with perfectsonnet was a calm one, as he/she said.

However, that other eejit who said that my opinion was worthless because I had Will Young as my av, really fcuked me off. Why shouldn't I respond to that, why shouldn't I have and express my opinion, just because he's so damn narrow minded.

Sorry, but it's that kind of attitude that really fucks me off.
    /random post a bit out of place in all the arguing...

BRIAN! I love you for defending pop music and Busted. :heart:

/end random post.
    Howvever, I'll respect your opinion that Will Young can't sing, even if it has all been fed to you :lol:

Jesus Christ, why dont learn to read. At no point did i say that will the gay couldnt sing. lmao. he can sing, but he cant convey the message cuz he didnt write the song in the first place.

edited to say
    i respect the fact that u removed ur faceparty comment. not thats theres anything wrong with my faceparty anyway.
    What about bands where the drummer for example writes the lyrics, does that mean the singer can't sing that song, but the drummer has to, because he doesn't know the *emotion* of it? Pfft.
    However, that other eejit who said that my opinion was worthless because I had Will Young as my av, really fcuked me off. Why shouldn't I respond to that, why shouldn't I have and express my opinion, just because he's so damn narrow minded.

Sorry, but it's that kind of attitude that really fucks me off.

Yes, that made me angry too and I wasn't even involved in this thing! Thats so a load of crap how can people be so narrow minded...bah.
    Ignoring the arguing/ranting love/hatred appreciation/disgust of Busted, perfect example of a good pop-punk bowling for soup. Good because they are, tbh, funny as hell and their shows are just a right laugh:D
    Originally posted by a badSTAR
    What about bands where the drummer for example writes the lyrics, does that mean the singer can't sing that song, but the drummer has to, because he doesn't know the *emotion* of it? Pfft.

usually the songs are written by the whole band, not just an individual, plus they are a band.. hence, a band of people.. hence they become one!
    ok, i'll stop with the smilies and start with the talking
    someone said something about prefering bands who write their own lyrics as they can sing from the heart or something.

but by this logic, there should be no acting unless you wrote the play as you can't get the 'emotion' or whatever they said.
    as brian has said before, some of the greats didnt write their own songs, but its not to say they're any less musicians because of it. again by this logic, anyone who ever covered a song, therefore all orchestras etc in the world, are bad musicians. and lets face it. thats just not true.

if a song touches someone, stirs emotions or just cheers them up then its good as it's done what music is supposed to do, entertain.
    .........and on that note, lets stop argueing

editted to remove quote from paperbprincess, cuz it was pointless to have it there seen as how it was in the post above
    what a nice ending to the thread :)[/pointless]
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    ok, i'll stop with the smilies and start with the talking
    someone said something about prefering bands who write their own lyrics as they can sing from the heart or something.

but by this logic, there should be no acting unless you wrote the play as you can't get the 'emotion' or whatever they said.
    as brian has said before, some of the greats didnt write their own songs, but its not to say they're any less musicians because of it. again by this logic, anyone who ever covered a song, therefore all orchestras etc in the world, are bad musicians. and lets face it. thats just not true.

if a song touches someone, stirs emotions or just cheers them up then its good as it's done what music is supposed to do, entertain.

I Can't.... Stop.... Arguing.... DAMNIT!!!!

The whole actors and plays thing is Simon Cowell's theory. Simon Cowell is a tool of the industry who I'm sure would sell his own mother to make money, now call me crazy but I believe in deeper things than money to fuel someone's passion for something and essentially popular music tends to be largely less intelligent than a lot of the stuff out there. The artisits generally do not show as much talent as other, less mainstream artists. Maybe Will Young can sing 2 octaves but his songs don't peak at points of emotional climaxes, they don't blend new and exciting types of music to generate a personal and original sound. Will Young didn't spend hours in a sweaty practise room, or 2 years in a van with 4 other men to get where he is. I'm glad you can look at music at face value but I can't, I need a connection with the musician and chances are bands covering other songs have that same connection I have with them with the song they are covering, therefore I can appreciate it. Its these Will Young's et al that get money and more power to them if thats what they want but they don't earn or indeed deserve as much of my respect as a band that are getting £40 a show and still playing every night, just because its what they love to do.

Also orchestras, they can play their instruments well, good for them. they're dedicated and enjoy it, I'm glad. But do you listen to them? I doubt it. Do I? No. I see your point about how pop artists are playing other people's stuff and so are orchestra's BUT orchestra's require talent from a hell of a lot of people AND they're playing for themselves. Now this isn't to say being Will Young doesn't require some talent, sure, he's a good singer but classical music is on a whole new level to pop music, its not even worth comparing the two.

Oh, and Bri, this isn't aimed at you. We've agreed to disagree!
    But do you listen to them? I doubt it. Do I? No.
    do i play in two orchestras? i think so
    Cool, my girlfriend plays in two orchestras too. What do you play? She plays violin. Watching her concerts (though boring at times) is cool just to appreciate the intricacies of classical music. Sure I don't pop it in when I fancy listening to some music but its good to appreciate it. Anyway, with your knowledge of classical music you should be able to understand and maybe even agree with what I said.
    i do understand what you're on about, but it's like genre-bashing

i play trumpet btw
    Listen to some proper punk

The Clash
    Crass
    X-Ray Spex
    The Stooges
    Dead Kennedys
    Fugazi