Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

where can i get hold of...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
..cheerleading stuff?

my mates xmas work party is fancy dress, its anything u want so as a laugh we are gona go as cheerleaders, one of us a gothic cheerleader and the other a normal cheerleader, or maybe both as normal cheerleaders but anyway, know where i can get hold of a cheerleading skirt, pom-poms. Also what sort of top dya reckon should wear. Cheerz. xx

Comments

• Options
    fancy dress shops have cheereading stuff.
    if it was me i'd wear a pleated gym skirt type thing, a vest top (not a spaghetti strap tho) and trainers n socks. cheerleaders in the u.s wear jumpers or cardies but s'up to you. maybe put your hair in pigtails too.
  • Options
    Sure ive seen pompom type things in Claire accessories or somewhere similar.
  • Options
    ebay.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    ebay.

oh yeah i forgot about that!
  • Options
    I got some pom poms from a pound shop! Try the local pound shop-you never know!
  • Options
    sorry to be blunt, but you could try a fancy dress shop!!

or if not, you could get yourselve a wee pleated skirt ( i saw some in tk maxx) and a preppy kind of top (tammy or new look might do something like that) and put your hair up, put ribbons round your pony tail, and get yourselves some socks and white trainers and some pom poms, im sure you'll find it all in the nearest town, a sports shop would do white plimsols which would look good
  • Options
    found these.....

63_1.JPG

2c_1.JPG

what you think?
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    found these.....

63_1.JPG

2c_1.JPG

what you think?

probably would be cheaper to just buy the bits urself rather than on ebay
  • Options
    i like the first one, with red in it

how much they selling for? and would you not rather get two matching outfits for you and your mate?
  • Options
    i like the 1st one too. do u think i should get matchin ones for me n my mate then? it'd prob come to £15/20 by the time i get it from us.
  • Options
    i like the 1st one too. do u think i should get matchin ones for me n my mate then? it'd prob come to £15/20 by the time i get it from us.

i think it would look a lot better if you were matching, thats not too much i suppose, its a good price, proberly end up cheaper then hunting round all the shops and getting loads of bits and bobs, and looks a lot smarter
  • Options
    Yeah its an ok price, have to see what happens. I well like the one with red in though... i think il be having that one :yes: lol. x
  • Options
    is it not a bit of a waste of money? :confused:

there's only a certain number of times that you can wear a cheerleading outfit to a fancy dress party :rolleyes:

you're not likely to get much use out of them
  • Options
    if its too expensive from the US, then try ebay.co.uk instead of ebay.com
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    if its too expensive from the US, then try ebay.co.uk instead of ebay.com

Thats what im on rainbow, they dont have any outfits though in england on ebay :rolleyes: stupid ebay lol. I did a search though and found some more stuff which is kool, but i typed in "cheerleading uniforms" and cos it haduniform in, come up with some right dogy stuff!:eek2:
  • Options
    i got a cheerleaders top from camden (it was a joke with my then boyfriend) and it was only a fiver
    but thats only helpful if ya live near london and they probably dont have any cos it was over a year and a half ago