Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Formal Dresses anyone?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Need a formal dress. Fast.
For my halls Winter Wonder Ball on friday. Its got to be long and posh, but preferably not too OTT or expensive (im a student doncha'no).

Any ideas?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    go to the big department stores. places like 'coast' do posh dresses. i got one from 'vicky martin' lat year but it was tres expensive.
    cheap, i dont have a clue, most of them are expensive, see if u can get a cheap one from a bridal shop? like from last year or something, or hire one? x
    Debenhams do some decent formal wear at resonable prices. :)
    believe it or not but Select has some formal dresses and they are dirt cheap.
    Coast is expensive, VV!

Cheapwise... Debenhams yes and other department stores. Isn't it worth making an investment though in a really nice dress you could wear lots more? If so, go on, you know you want to go shopping in Monsoon! If it doesn't have to be long, just smart, go to Kookai, Oasis and other slightly more upmarket high street shops - they all have gorgeous dresses that could be worn to a formal party!
    if you want it really cheap, our TK Maxx does import US prom dresses for about £30.

*sits back and waits for the jumble sale comments*
    could you not wear one of those 50's style prom dresses they aren't long they are about knee length everywhere sells them.
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    if you want it really cheap, our TK Maxx does import US prom dresses for about £30.

That's where I was going to suggest. Good going, lass. :p
    Originally posted by kaffrin

ours has loads. i love it there!