Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

fao Globe and mil.com posters

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You all know the rules here, its fine to involve yourself with any of the debates here, that's what the forum is for. However you should all avoid personal comments and insults, breaking the rules will get you banned.
    Originally posted by Globe
    I was banned because I stated that a particular poster was too gutless to defend themselves, the type of person that when confronted by a rapist, they would bend over, accept their "fate", and then thank the rapist for the moment.

I exchanged Private Messages with the moderator, and then was banned a week later, as the post was perverted into "disparaging comments concerning homosexuals"... NOT what had been intended, when I posted. However, the manufactured excuse provided a reason to bannish a dissenting view, and give free rein to the prevailing circle jerk.

But then... the truth would never get between you and your agenda, would it?

And my language? Has never been more abusive than that employed by you and your philosophical guru... :naughty:
    Without going back to the post in question, and while noting that whatever our opinions, it's up to the moderators to decide, and they don't necessarily have to give any reasons for a ban... my opinion is that it was your completely gratuitous use of rape as an analogy that got you banned (would you have used such a tactic against a female poster?). I think there was more to it, but again, without going back to the post, I won't go into that.

I don't think your latest effort will lead to a ban. We've established that strong language is acceptable on this site for emphasis, and while you've childishly overdone it on this occasion, I think you'll have to try much harder to be banned.

Of course, you could just ask for your account to be deleted...
    If he doesn't get banned he's not going to look very good over at the other place... after all the heroic reports he's been posting and all the talk about the forthcoming 'martyrdom' for the neo-con cause, it'd be a tragedy for Thanatos if he doesn't get banned.

Oh well... :D