Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

oh my god!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
www.donniedarko.com

what a fantastic website, if you havent even seen the film take a look, it will make you want to see it
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    u really gettin in to this donnie thing arent ya hun? lol. xx
    i got it on vid, tink u have to see it, a six foot rabbit with a skull face tells him to do stuff:)
    like dejavu
    I have heard about that film. I think someone was talking about it in Science and I was being nosey. I think I shall watch it at some point, just gotta wait for Pirates of the Carribean to download so I can do another film lol.
    Never heard of it before I saw this post, but it looks like it could be interesting.
    What is this film about? I thought iwas a new'un but it's been out nearly 3 years.
    im not going to say time travel as it will put you off; its about the concept that everybody dies alone.

http://www.metaphilm.com/philms/donniedarko.html - have a look at that, its a sort of review, but gives you a little more insight into what its all about.
    its the sort of film that you have to watch twice. and not late at night when you're tired, you need to concentrate. its very abstract and difficult to see an angle of, but once you've watched the end once, more probably once you've watched it twice; you'll get whats going on.
    Seems a bit done in like 12 Monkeys. I think I'll watch it. :D
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    I think I'll watch it.

i would :yes:
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Seems a bit done in like 12 Monkeys. I think I'll watch it. :D

yeh its on the same type of level as 12 monkeys, the time travel and all that.

the director/writer is a first timer as well, which i find really interesting. he did well!