Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Headshocks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone experienced a "headshock" after taking a pill binge ?

Mixmag had an article on this rare phenomenon about a year ago - it feels like a violent electric shock through the brain, together with an intense feeling of dizziness, blackout and disorientation.

Very unpleasant and scary ! But thankfully it only lasts about 10 seconds.

Sounds familiar to anyone ? :crazyeyes

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Isnt this the condiction that has been asked about in relation to cocaine in another post?
    No, never

Although, a friend of mine was at a rave, shes been pilling for a few years and is actualy about as responsible as you can be when it comes to pills, she had taken only a few pills and she complained of a headache before getting dizzy and collapsing onto my fella... wonder if its a smiliar thing? .. wasnt nice! After a little bottle of water and a 15 minute breather she was up and dancing again like nothing happened

You think it could be related?

What causes headshocks? Anyone know?
    Listen to this then

Well, I get something similar, it's a bit mad though, after a weekend of either e's, speed, or coke I get this starnge thing happening before I go to bed.

It'll usually be a Subnday or Monday night, but as soon as I shut my eyes to go to sleep I fall into a mad trance, I read somewhere it's called sleep parilysis, it's quite frightening but now I know what it is I can accept it but it does scare me to the point where I think I should stop altogether! I really do think drugs totally feck your head and I am not looking forward to the later years in my life where I think I'll be shittin and fartin all over the place and not even knowing about it!!
    Re: Listen to this then
    Originally posted by funkyhouseboy11
    Well, I get something similar, it's a bit mad though, after a weekend of either e's, speed, or coke I get this starnge thing happening before I go to bed.

It'll usually be a Subnday or Monday night, but as soon as I shut my eyes to go to sleep I fall into a mad trance, I read somewhere it's called sleep parilysis, it's quite frightening but now I know what it is I can accept it but it does scare me to the point where I think I should stop altogether! I really do think drugs totally feck your head and I am not looking forward to the later years in my life where I think I'll be shittin and fartin all over the place and not even knowing about it!!

i had a experience like this when i went to bed after a night on pills, it was wierd. everytime i closed my eyes i could see what i was thinkin in real detail, i cant explain it properly but i was kind of trippy and trance like
    Blimey, your sentance structure is awful. None the less, I have a friend who suffers from sleep paralyisis quite often, not really related to drug things. Its not a drug issue as such, it maybe triggered by it, but they are not co-relational.