Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

missed pill!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was supposed to take the first pill of my new pack on Friday but I totally forgot. I took one this morning when I got up though. I checked the leaflet in the pack (I'm on microgynon btw) and it said nothing about missing the first pill. Will I still be protected? Or should I use condoms as well for a week just to be on the safe side?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It says in the Microgynon leaflet that you're not supposed to lengthen the 7-day break, so I would assume from this that you're NOT protected this week. When you miss a pill, you should take the missed pill as soon as you remember even if that means taking 2 pills in one day. I think you'll need to use condoms for the next 7 days and keep taking them as normal, and then you'll be back to normal protection next week.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah I think you should use condoms for the next 7 days if your planning to have sex, just to be on the safe side.