Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The war in Iraq is a QUAGMIRE!

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's no indicator and you know it. The time of any post is recorded when the post is submitted not as it is being written, and i took my time with that one since i was working both on my response and watching a documentary on the tele.

But if you won't acknowledge the fact that my response was clearly referencing your original use of the term "Daisy Chain" which in fact appears in the thread you have provided the link to (or did last I checked unless you went back and edited it as well), then all you had to say (instead of being smug and rolling your eyes to make yourself seem innocent) was

"yes you'll have to make use of the Quote function since I can't be trusted to be honest about what i actually posted."

Duly noted and will henceforth become regular practice.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine

My original contention regarding Than's rather disingenous recently resumed usage of a term immediately after I quite legitimately applied it to his caustic band of self congratulatory knee-jerk reactionaries remains valid regardless of some lame claim to having made use of the term 2 years prior to my arrival.

Poor collaborator. icon5.gif A girl made him cry. :lol:

"Resumed"? Constant. Or do you only read your own posts? ;)
    ... his caustic band of self congratulatory knee-jerk reactionaries ...

Sounds more like you and aladdin, and the rest of your sycophants, here... ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    What didn't you understand about "offensive language", which was what was referred to, in the quote you've taken?

Inciting racial hatred, was not the term discussed.

What quote?

Inciting racial hatred is what Heydrich what was doing.
  • Options
    That's no indicator and you know it. The time of any post is recorded when the post is submitted not as it is being written, and i took my time with that one since i was working both on my response and watching a documentary on the tele.

But if you won't acknowledge the fact that my response was clearly referencing your original use of the term "Daisy Chain" which in fact appears in the thread you have provided the link to (or did last I checked unless you went back and edited it as well), then all you had to say (instead of being smug and rolling your eyes to make yourself seem innocent) was

"yes you'll have to make use of the Quote function since I can't be trusted to be honest about what i actually posted."

Duly noted and will henceforth become regular practice.
    OMFG!
    What a child! Get over yourself, will you.
    No offence, but my 13 year old brother is more mature than you. And that's the truth.

I didn't correct my post with the intent of making you look bad. You are capable of doing that by yourself, like now.

How the fuck was I meant to know that you were gonna reply half an hour later than mu correction? Seriously, what's wrong with you?

I wrote daisy, as that was the word I had searched under. Caught my mistake of refering to the daisy and not the jerking circle and corrected it.
    Since when is that a crime? OOH! I shall not correct my post as Clandestine will get offended :nervous:
    One should think you'd have much greater stuff to get upset over, when thinking of what's going on in the world.
  • Options
    OMFG!
    What a child! Get over yourself, will you.
    No offence, but my 13 year old brother is more mature than you. And that's the truth.

I didn't correct my post with the intent of making you look bad. You are capable of doing that by yourself, like now.

How the fuck was I meant to know that you were gonna reply half an hour later than mu correction? Seriously, what's wrong with you?

I wrote daisy, as that was the word I had searched under. Caught my mistake of refering to the daisy and not the jerking circle and corrected it.
    Since when is that a crime? OOH! I shall not correct my post as Clandestine will get offended
    One should think you'd have much greater stuff to get upset over, when thinking of what's going on in the world.

Once again the righteous little angel when the spotlight shines on you. Please get over yourself Jacq.

All that was requested of you was to merely acknowledge that your reference had been changed and you shouldnt need it explained to you to figure out why in the verbally abusive environment youve assisted in reintroducing into this forum knowing full well how quickly the quality of issue-oriented discussion would be diverted into ridiculous arguments over who supposedly "owns" which terminology.

Fairly apparent that we must now establish precisely who said what to avoid giving the ad hominen fallacy brigade further picayune items to latch onto.

And yes, I certainly do have much more substantive issues that concern me, a shame those you seem to find more accommodating to your evasive manner never seem capable of contributing to such in any substantive fashion.

Such a joy as ever attempting to discuss anything with you.
  • Options
    Sounds more like you and aladdin, and the rest of your sycophants, here...

Dont have any sycophants here to my knowledge. Seems you must post at military.com without bothering to read your own postings. Time to look in the mirror and see the ugly truth of your true nature, its patently visible to anyone with half brain who dares wade into your pep rally.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    What quote?

Inciting racial hatred is what Heydrich what was doing.

The horatio guy was mentioning offensive language. Not racial hatred. Look back at the post.

Clandestine, seriously. You discuss something. I come with a post which clarifies, and you make an issue of me editing it before you had replied. Had the situation been reverse, you'd probably manage to see the idiocy in that.
    And by the second post of mine on that issue, I said that I had corrected my post. What more than that did you want?
  • Options
    Last minute? I corrected it before you replied.

Check the goddamn time, of when I corrected it and when you replied!

Sorry that I caught my own mistake, and didn't give you the pleasure :rolleyes:
    Technically, an "Edited to change..." NB wouldn't have gone amiss. Apart from that, it's a show about nothing :(
  • Options
    The horatio guy was mentioning offensive language. Not racial hatred. Look back at the post.

You really are brilliant at missing the point aren't you?
    You were whinging that Heydrich got banned. I'm just pointing out why he got banned. Clear now? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    Technically, an "Edited to change..." NB wouldn't have gone amiss. Apart from that, it's a show about nothing :(
    Haven't done those since my newbie days.

Edited for spelling mistakes. I corrected the words childish, silly, timewasting, pathetic... :yeees:

I don't even use it when I add stuff. That is when it's "important".

I am still clueless about why, he would take the editing of a reference word so bad, when it's the actual link that matters.

Oh well, as my mom says, the world doesn't have a shortage of idiots.

Blagsta, maybe you shouldn't be quoting that exact reply as it was about offensive language ;)
  • Options
    I made the point precisely given the wonderful atmosphere of idiotic and pointless diversionary nonsense your favorite partisan reactionary has reinstated to this forums which had finally managed to develop into a platform for thought out and substantiated debate.

Given the nonsense about who said what first and who originated this or that given term, your change could rightly have been seen as a ploy to maintain his adolescent level insults over yet another supposed hijacking of his precious phraseology.

But yes, i should have realised that regardless of any intent or lack thereof on your part, Than will always remain true to his petty assaults. The leopard and his spots.

Enough on that. Back to issues of import.
  • Options
    whoo feels like im in kindergarden :D

oh dear, I forgot what we were talking about now :eek2:
  • Options
    You aren't alone in that opinion. The discussion here has certainly taken a downward dive with the recent rebirth of ad hominem attacks and adolescent name calling. Oh well, I blame myself for having taken the bait. Live and learn.
  • Options
    Please get over yourself...

Excellent advice, but would be more apropos, directed toward yourself...

:rolleyes:

As I recall...

YOU were the one raging about the PLAGARISM of a descriptive phase, and yet... ARE the one guilty of the plagarism. And now... calling foul to the point being turned in the appropriate direction.

Poor collaborator... crying again... :lol:
  • Options
    ... finally managed to develop into a platform for thought out and substantiated debate.

You call a daisy-chain circle-jerk ... DEBATE???

:lol:
  • Options
    No, which is exactly why military.com demonstrates to any who bother to suffer through the numerous examples of group reinforced partisan blindness and knee-jerk attacks on any who attempt to argue any counter opinion precisely that adolescent character of thought that prevails over there.

Examples of the level of reasoned opinion over there includes such jewels as "Dean is a commie" or perhaps the best ive read to date:

A surprising admission in one thread that actually was willing to admit that all big government would lie and betray the people (or words to that effect) on the one hand only to go on in most every thread to extoll and praise Bush, call all (and only Democrats) liars and/or advocate their death, completely and willfully ignoring the fact that Dubyah is responsible for instituting the largest expansion of Federal government in the history of the nation.

Just can't admit how blindly partisan you are for fear of having nowhere left to retreat to when the political reality of your heros is set before your eyes.

military.com - where any reasoned counter-opinion is called "trolling" and where you had better "tell it to your Congressman, but don't say anything publically".

"circle-jerk" (tm - Thanatos) indeed!