Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nose and belly piercings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok im considering getting my nose pierced, as loadsa ppl have sed it'd suit me, wana get it done when i leave school probs (so not til may). But anyway what does everyone think of them, and anyone got it done and does it hurt!? :nervous: lol

ooh aslo for belly button, im get that done soon! :D

Comments

• Options
    Don't get your nose done.

Nose & lip etc. piercings look stupid.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo

:yes:

and think, in 20-30 yrs time, are you going to like it? Will your partner like it?
  • Options
    I have my nose pierced. I had it pierced when I was 12.
    I haven't regretted it for a second. It's the best decision I have ever made.
    It didn't hurt very much.. I've had more painful piercings than my nose. lol. It's just a quick prick.. then the pain is more of a throb during the next couple of days of healing rather than the actual piercing of the skin.

(I wouldn't recommend a navel piercing to anyone below 17/18 as they're extremely temperamental and prone to infection/migration/rejection)

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    in 20-30 yrs time, are you going to like it? Will your partner like it?
    What on earth has this got to do with her partner?!?!??!?!?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    :yes:

and think, in 20-30 yrs time, are you going to like it? Will your partner like it?

Cos you can't ever take them out can you? :banghead: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I've got my nose and my navel done. Had my navel done when I was 15, can't remember it hurting much at all, you could feel it, but it was just a sensation because they use a kind of numbing cream. Only bad point is my piercing has shrunk a bit so I can only put really small bars in which are difficult to find.

The nose piercing hurt alot, but only for a few seconds when the needle goes through, they didn't numb it at all either beforehand. The piercing didn't hurt at all after that, I don't remember any throbbing or anything. It has taken a couple of years to settle down though, it still stings to change the stud so I don't change it often. Oh and it's really annoying when you wash your face!

Good luck anyway :)
  • Options
    i dont really like nose piercings but if you do go for it. my friend had it done and shes fine.
    I have my belly pierced and ive had it for about a year now and nothings wrong its fine. It doesnt hurt getting it done, only for the split second when you get it pierced. As long as you take care of it there shouldnt be any problems
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon

(I wouldn't recommend a navel piercing to anyone below 17/18 as they're extremely temperamental and prone to infection/migration/rejection)

Ilora x

omfg any piercing is fucking tempramental...most people who get navel piercings are below 18....i got mine when i was 16, looked after it fine....so long as you get told how to look after it and what to do it migration/rejection occurs then'll you'll be fine

and if you get your navel done get the piercer to numb it, that way you get a nice sensation in it and dont use asprin within the first 3 monthish, use paracetamol instead. asprin thins the blood and hence prolongs the healing process
  • Options
    Most people feel next to nothing when having their navel's pierced. I didn't. It was just the light sensation of a pin being pushed against my skin (even though it's a great big needle being pushed through), and it was over in seconds. No pain.
    If you think it will hurt, then get that bit of skin at the top of your navel, and pinch it hard between your finger and thumb. Didn't hurt did it? So you won't feel it when a needle is pushed through it.

Nose piercings. Never been tempted by one. But I do like the look of them, though as with any piercing (or jewelery, item of clothing, etc) they don't always suit everybody. An ex used to have both nostrils pierced. Stud in one side, and a ring in the other. I like both. Either have a neat stud, or a small, thin, ring without the ball on it (you can get them) that's close to the edge of the nostril as they're neater and prettier. Don't keep that ugly big BCR after you've healed up, they just look stupidly big.

As ever, I can reccomend reading about piercing experiences, both good and bad, on BMEzine

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Most people feel next to nothing when having their navel's pierced. I didn't.
    Mr_Wobble ;)

WTF?!?!?! you have you fucking navel done....what are you a puff??? your got you tongue and navel done? if you claim not to be a puff you must really be a girl or a transvestite
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Icy Aphrodite
    WTF?!?!?! you have you fucking navel done....what are you a puff??? your got you tongue and navel done? if you claim not to be a puff you must really be a girl or a transvestite

Sound fucking unitelligent, you do.
    Originally posted by Kiezo

Cause tongue piercings don't? :yeees:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

Cause tongue piercings don't? :yeees:

No, they don't :p

Nowhere near as stupid as the ones I mentioned, anyway.
  • Options
    If you want it done, get it done. Simple as. There will always be people who say it looks cool and people who say it looks stupid, so it's hardly going to help by trying to get other people to make the decision for you is it? If you like it get it done :rolleyes:

But since you were asking....nose piercings look crap. Unless you're a townie. :p
  • Options
    God, nose piercings were so what all the girls did when I was in school (fuck, I feel old).

None of them have their nose pierced anymore though. :yeees:
  • Options
    Hate pierced noses :yuck:

Quite like pierced belly buttons but it is very common nowadays that everybody has had it done. Now I prefer a unmolested belly button :yes:

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Icy Aphrodite
    WTF?!?!?! you have you fucking navel done....what are you a puff??? your got you tongue and navel done?
    Yes, I have got my tongue and navel pierced. Wanna look? I'll have a pic of my navel up on my site by the end of this week. Oh, and don't forget my nipples while you're at it. Give 'em a good tweak too (just remember not to be standing in front of me when you do). :naughty:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    i'm not particuly fond of navel piercings as they are oh so common these days, and well i can't really back up my comment, i just don't like em. (on me)

i have my nose pierced tho, twice in fact. I think they look good on the right person with the right jewellery. Not as good as lip or scaffold ones tho. :p
  • Options
    Nose: That hurt like hell for a few seconds, but not too bad after. BUT - it gets knocked so easily, it got knocked out when I was washing my face, kissing my boyfriend... etc, and that hurts like a fucker. Plus for some reason I had a habit of randomly hitting my nose with my hand in the night (must have thought there was something to irritate it) and knocking it out.

Navel: That hurt less than my nose. It's not so much the actual needle going in that hurt, as all the faff on - removing needle, putting stud in, screwing ball on... etc. But it doesn't really hurt after.
  • Options
    Nose piercings can look ok if you wear a small, subtle stud, and not an enormous big flower in it or something.

I've got my belly button pierced, it didnt hurt, but the clamp got slightly uncomfortable after a while.
  • Options
    navel piercing ming, imo, and they are problematic to heal.

nose piercings suit some people, and i loved mine, but it just would not heal, and i ended up with a big open sore on my nostril. yum. since i've taken it out you can't even tell where it was though, so if you change your mind, it's not like you'll be stuck with it forever.

i got it done while my face was still anaesthetised from having a filling at the dentist, so i didn't even feel it.
  • Options
    As promised, a pic of my navel.

Enjoy!

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    As promised, a pic of my navel.

Enjoy!

Mr_Wobble ;)

That is vile. Sorry but alll that hair. :yuck:
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    That is vile. Sorry but alll that hair. :yuck:
    Hey, I can't help being hairy! :mad: I wish I wasn't, but I'm stuck with it.
    I know you've seen other pics of my piercings in the past, and it was up to you to click on the link, so you knew what to expect.

Mr_Wobble ;)