Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Internet Club Promoting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Can anyone recommend good websites to post details of club promotions?

I want to go into promoting Singles nights in Central London as there is a lot of Single people out there and I just think it's a great thing to do - help bring people who are single and looking for someone special together.

I'm doing a test run in December at a small venue and if it all goes well I hope to start much bigger next year.

I've already got one website that is mentioning my eventon their website, I've got another that's going to mention it in their Newsletter which goes out to over 850 people and an SMS text messaging club that I started that has over 700 members.

All in All about 1,500 people have been informed of the event Although I think the actual people that then go from being made aware to actually turning up is very, very small. I'd be surprised if 1% of the 1,500 turned up specifically from being on those sites.

So any other suggestions. I know some clubbing website are really popular but this is also a free singles event (free if they get in before 8pm) so where else is good to promote on the internet? And which other methods of promotions work well?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think you'd have more sucess if you got promotion on singles websites rather than clubbing and events websites. Contact as many as you can that are from the London area. Be ready to loose all the money you put into it on your first night unless you are lucky. Hope it goes well.
    UK-clubland.net let you advertise for free
    try gurn.net aswell
    www.essexuncovered.com
    www.ukrumble.com
    www.epidemik.co.uk
    www.urban75.com
    www.clubbing.com
    www.partyvibe.com
    www.mixmag.net
    www.djmag.com
    www.fhm.com

It's a very good idea to email Mix Mag and DJ mag and explain what you do in a bit of detail because you might get a plug for something like this on one of their back pages. Mix Mag do (or did not sure as I've not read the mag for a while) like a clubbing classifieds where people look for others to go clubbing with. You might just get a mention. Also you might wanna email FHM because you may get a mention in there as well as Essex Uncovered.

What's your website addy mate?
    Originally posted by *raver*
    I think you'd have more sucess if you got promotion on singles websites rather than clubbing and events websites. Contact as many as you can that are from the London area. Be ready to loose all the money you put into it on your first night unless you are lucky. Hope it goes well.

Very true I think, it's much more of a single event then a clubbing one - but can't hurt to cover all the bases.

Just done a banner exchange with one of the top dating websites that comes up on Google .. although got to wait about 7 to 10 days for them to put links to my site.
    1% sounds about right.
    Apparently only about a 1-2% response is normal, and that's providing you're promoting to the right target audience. You've got your work cut out for you by the sounds of it.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    I have been getting some responses and 1% is about the response rate however willbe interestign to see what happens when the guy I contacted puts a mention of my single's night in his Newsletter and that then goes out to 850 people.

My friend is also coming in with me on events organising I want to concentrate on Singles events which bring back a lot of the old fashioned principles which have been forced out like gettin girls to dance with men and not other girls!! or having music set at a level that doesn't mean you have to shout all night to be heard.

And also put on Business related events which are both fun, socialable but also good for making business contacts.
    Thought about putting an ad in your local news paper? Dimond free ads would be a good'un. Have a check to see if there's some sort of dating magazine as well and then if there is put an ad in there.
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Thought about putting an ad in your local news paper? Dimond free ads would be a good'un. Have a check to see if there's some sort of dating magazine as well and then if there is put an ad in there.

There's no free advertising these days, if they sniff it's commerical then they charge - or certain website allow free classifieds but don't allow you to put your URL on there so limits the numebr of people who can be bothered to contact you to find out.
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    www.urban75.com

I wouldn't use Urban. Its not an advertising service.