Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A Brit addresses GWB

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.jayreding.com/archives/003950.php
Dear Mr President,

Today you arrive in my country for the first state visit by an American president for many decades, and I bid you welcome.

You will find yourself assailed on every hand by some pretty pretentious characters collectively known as the British left. They traditionally believe they have a monopoly on morality and that your recent actions preclude you from the club. You opposed and destroyed the world's most blood-encrusted dictator. This is quite unforgivable.

I beg you to take no notice. The British left intermittently erupts like a pustule upon the buttock of a rather good country. Seventy years ago it opposed mobilisation against Adolf Hitler and worshipped the other genocide, Josef Stalin.

It has marched for Mao, Ho Chi Minh, Khrushchev, Brezhnev and Andropov. It has slobbered over Ceausescu and Mugabe. It has demonstrated against everything and everyone American for a century. Broadly speaking, it hates your country first, mine second.

Eleven years ago something dreadful happened. Maggie was ousted, Ronald retired, the Berlin wall fell and Gorby abolished communism. All the left's idols fell and its demons retired. For a decade there was nothing really to hate. But thank the Lord for his limitless mercy. Now they can applaud Saddam, Bin Laden, Kim Jong-Il... and hate a God-fearing Texan. So hallelujah and have a good time.
Frederick Forsyth
Novelist

cheesy.gif

Comments

• Options
    The funniest thing in this article is that it’s true.
    But there is not more disgusting lie than half-truth.
    It was not British left who made alliance with Stalin and presented him half-Europe.
    It was not British left who supported communist Tito in Yugoslavia and refused to support Yugoslavian legitimated king during WWII. ( all that Bosnian sad stuff is growing from there)
    It was not British left who bombed Hiroshima and Dresden.
    It was not British left who supported Afghan warlords and in this way created Taliban.
    It was not British left who supported and armed Saddam in his assault on Iran.
    It was not British left who established the embargo that has led to falling living standards of Iraqis at least twice.
    It is not British left who support Saddam’s clones like Musharraf in Pakistan and Karimov in Uzbekistan ( British ambassador in Uzbekistan was babbling about boiling people to death… fucking leftist)
    Those stupid Iraqi kids blowed apart with American “smart” bombs must be proud they died liberated!
    I don’t say I have a smallest bit of good feeling toward British left ( and all the Left in the world). I just say I even looking through a microscope can’t see any difference between the Left and the Right.
  • Options
    Re: A Brit addresses GWB
    And Bush replies:

"Britain? Is that in England?"

:D
  • Options
    I wopuldnt wipe my arse with anything written by Frederick Forsyth, who seems to think General Augusto Pinoceht was quite a nice guy actually.

Hes only just to the right of Hitler mind.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LabRat

It was not British left who ...

:rolleyes:

But then, I have observed Kim Jong-Il's personal cheering section, right here in this forum.

:p
  • Options
    The people you love Thanatos (Kissinger, Ann Coulter and the likes) support such bastions of human rights and freedom as Augusto Pinochet, who with the help of the US government removed a democratic government and presided over 17 years of brutal fascist oppression that included having women prisoners raped by dogs and torturing and murdering thousands of Chileans.

Since you don't seem to be prepared to speak about one of the most corrupt, dangerous and murderous US Presidents in the history of mankind (that is George Wanker in case you were wondering), would you at least care to comment about the illicit rise to power of the evil monster Pinochet, and about the involvement the US government of the time had in the coup? Or would your 'patriotism' prevent you from doing that as well?

Speaking of Ann Coulter, you still haven't answered the questions I posted a few weeks ago, including how can you feel it's right to quote from a woman who has insulted the memories of many Americans including dead comrades of yours in Vietnam. Care to answer now? I can dig out the thread in question if it helps...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    The people you love Thanatos (Kissinger, Ann Coulter and the likes) ...
    Claiming omnipotence, now? :rolleyes: Do not recollect ever stating a "love" for any person, within this site. Certainly not Kissinger. Coulter? I just enjoy watching reactionary idiots froth at the mention of her name... ;)

Since you don't seem to be prepared to speak about one of the most corrupt, dangerous and murderous US Presidents in the history of mankind ...
    Quite ignorant of history, aren't you? :rolleyes:

Speaking of Ann Coulter...

Is that a sexual obsession you have there? I seldom have referred to her, other than to yank your collective chain. :lol:

Is it true that you secretly masturbate to images of her? :naughty: Perhaps psychotherapy would be of a help, for you...
  • Options
    Oh dear. Someone appears to have quaffed a little too deeply of the Flamer's grail...
  • Options
    Claiming omnipotence, now?

Seems he doesn't understand the proper terminology either! lol

It's Omniscience you were undoubtedly referring to, unless Aladdin has made some otherwise undisclosed claims to being "all powerful".

Hey Al, is there something you haven't told us about that trip you went on recently???
  • Options
    I'll tell you one day... ;)

In the meantime our friend Thanatos here does what people in his line of work do very well: ducking and taking evasive measures.

It is you, my friend, who has displayed an eyebrow-raising obsession with the little blonde Nazi. Do you really want me to start digging all the posts where you have copied and pasted from her website, or where you have said "you know, Ann Coulter has written a book about you" and posted a link to her piss-poor printed efforts? Do you want everyone to see how often you see fit to quote and refer to that semi-literate racist?

So will you answer now why do you quote and refer to a woman who has advocated for the death of fellow Americans, and who has insulted, ridiculed and blamed Vietnam veterans such as yourself for all sorts of ills?

(BTW I also happen to think she looks common as muck. I certainly wouldn't touch her with a 40 ft pole. However I understand posters of her grace the walls of every trailer in the land. Correct me if I'm wrong...)
  • Options
    ... my friend...

Uncalled for, derogatory, demeaning, and insulting suggestion.

You will be sucking the toe jam from Coulter's feet, before I allow you to be a "friend"...
  • Options
    Ah, the hate, can't you just feel the warmth of it? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I could think of alternative ways of addressing you, all of them highly amusing my friend, but that would mean staying away from the subject for longer.

So, in the only language you perhaps understand, when are you going to stop using decoys and evasive manoeuvres and launch a full frontal assault on the target provided, i.e. answer the following question that has been put to you repeatedly: "Why do you do quote from, and refer to a woman who has advocated the death of fellow Americans, and who has insulted, ridiculed and blamed Vietnam veterans such as yourself for all sorts of ills?"

If you decide to launch the offensive, and in view that you were earlier commenting on the supposed cheering for Kim Jong-Il given on these boards (nothing but propaganda war like the best efforts Charlie could come up with in Nam of course) perhaps you would like to make clear your disgust opposition to another equally brutal dictator, and those who gave him support: namely Augusto Pinochet and the US government of the time that installed him in power.

Answers on a postcard to Stars and Stripes please- or alternative a reply here will do.
  • Options
    ... i.e. answer the following question that has been put to you repeatedly: "Why do you do quote from, and refer to a woman who has ...

Asked and answer: to wind up the reactionary dolts and idiots, within the circle jerk.

It is so entertaining... :naughty:

btw... I do not read Coulter, have just made a couple of references, as stated CLEARLY above - and previously ...

It is you and your ilk who find it preferable to pigeonhole me as something I am not, than to contend with who I am. ;)
  • Options
    It is you and your ilk who find it preferable to pigeonhole me as something I am not, than to contend with who I am.

Just following your example!
  • Options
    Each to their own then Thanatos... I would never choose to quote Adolph Hitler even in the remote case he had ever said something I agreed with or I could use in an attempt to fight my side of an argument.

I see that you do not have such problems... Ever cared to picture US soldiers killed in Vietnam turning in their graves as one of their own comrades uses quotes from an evil woman that vilifies and hates them?

Anyway, since you've already "answered" the Coulter question, perhaps you would like to finish this sorry issue by condemning the brutal dictator Augusto Pinochet and the freedom-hating, evil US government that supported him... That is, unless you only happen to have bad words for those dictators who are not under the protective wing of your beloved Republican governments...
  • Options
    A lot of guys here both pro- and anti-war is talking about current US policy as made up by “Texas republicans’. Not true. To know what is a REAL Texan republican look here ( an article of rep. Ron Paul R-Tex)
    http://www.antiwar.com/paul/paul83.html
  • Options
    Nice to see some Republicans haven't blinded themselves to reality in order to satisfy some misinformed and myopic world view based on hatred of any who dare disagree with them.

A ray of hope in the authoritarian morass that presently characterises our national political psyche.
  • Options
    ... I would never choose to quote Adolph Hitler even in the remote case he had ever said something I agreed with or I could use in an attempt to fight my side of an argument. ...

Oh.. I immensely enjoy quoting Hitler, especially his views upon "gun-control" (confiscation), which closely parallel the most inattendence, here... :lol:
  • Options
    Still waiting on your thoughts on Gen. Pinochet. What's up Thanatos? The Commie cat got your tongue?