Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Will Young in Demand

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Shops run out of Will Young's new single

Huge demand for Will Young's new single has left shops without stock as the track races towards the top of the charts.
Stores had underestimated how popular the Pop Idol winner continues to be as the star sold 40,000 copies of his new song in a day. Now shops have restocked to get Leave Right Now back on track to take the number one slot on Sunday.
Many stores assumed Young's career had hit a downturn like Pop Idol runner-up Gareth Gates, whose last single Sunshine peaked at number three.
HMV spokesman Gennaro Castaldo said: "This is the strongest week-one demand for a single that we have experienced all year, and a small number of stores were taken a little by surprise and ran out of stock quicker than expected. "However, they now have copies of the single back on the shelves to cater to the demand from fans."
Music retailers are cautious about overbuying singles because of a slump in sales. The number of singles sold over the 12 months to September this year were down by more than 30% on the previous year's figures.

:thumb:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He bloody deserves it, he's been on every bloody TV programme promoting it :eek:

Good boy Will :heart: Of course I went and bought the single instead of downloading it :yes:
    Aww I'm so glad for him! I absolutely love him and that song. I'm going to buy it tomorrow <3

Aww bless. His voice is so gorgeous.
    I :heart: that song
    Good good good :D :thumb:

Will Young :heart: