Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

advise needed guys

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right guys not sure if this should of gone into work or here but thought this seemed more appropriate.
I have been in my current job for 8 months although im not particulary happy there it has come to my attention that my job is being advertised elsewhere online! I work for wetherspoons and my role is fairly specific. I found the job through the same site where it is advertised on currently, however when I found the job it wasn't for a specific site more for the whole of sussex. So my question is this, are they allowed to advertise a job if it is already filled, I have had no indication that they are unhappy with my performance. I guess I'm just a little bit cheesed of that they are considering replacing me!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    With a lot of jobs they will list vacancies simply to see who applies. It's something that my firm do on a reasonably regular basis without seeking to replace anyone. It's a fishing trip.

Also, unless they're advertising for your branch/group of branches they could be after staff for other branches or to complement you.

They cannot sack you and put someone else in your job.