Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ibs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went back to the doctors today about my stomach, and he said i had irritable bowels and has given me muscle relaxants that i have to take 3 times a day. So does this mean i have IBS?

Comments

• Options
    I presume so :chin:

thing is, with ibs (as far as I'm aware) it does different things to different people, and at different magnitudes.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    . So does this mean i have IBS?

You should have asked the Doctor.
  • Options
    You should have asked the Doctor.

i tried but i couldn't get a word in edgeways
  • Options
    If it's a long term problem you've been having then yes, you probably have got IBS.

How long has he said to take the muscle relaxants?
  • Options
    I've had it about 2/3 months. He told me to take them for a month i think. Or till i finish the pack. Then come back.
  • Options
    Yeah, a similar situation to mine then. I was given mint capsules to relieve symptoms of IBS and was diagnosed with it a few months after. Sounds like you do have it....
  • Options
    I get really uncomfortable churning alot - usually gets triggered after i eat but not always. Sometimes it can get to agonising cramps. I have to take these things 3 times a day 20 min before meals.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I get really uncomfortable churning alot - usually gets triggered after i eat but not always. Sometimes it can get to agonising cramps. I have to take these things 3 times a day 20 min before meals.

Colpermin(peppermint oil capsules) or Colofac(mebeverine)??
  • Options
    i think its mebeverine
  • Options
    then he's probably seeing if it helps... I have IBS and take buscopan and mebervine
  • Options
    Have you tried Charcoal Tablets after you eat?
  • Options
    Make sure that you are careful about how many different remedies you try if you DO have IBS before you begin looking into other options.

I suffered for years and tried EVERYTHING until my colon was so scarred from the meds that I had to have my whole large intestine removed in Sept. I escaped a colostomy bag, but not by much.

You might try some natural digestive enzymes from a health food store when you eat....