Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How Do I Tell Her?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I told my tutor yesterday that I wa having some problems and she tried getting me to tell her what was wrong. She was jumping to conclusions like my dad was abusing me and that I had an eating disorder. She suggested that I phone in sick to my work my placement, which I did yesterday. I saw her today, gave her a letter (unrelated to what's going on) and she said that I should think about cutting down the amount of days I do at my work placement.

She thinks that my problems are to do with my work placement (which they're not) and suggested that I use Wednesdays to look around at other nurseries. I told her I was unsure whether I'd be up to doing child care in September. She didnt listen to me.

How do I tell her that there's no way I can do child care in September because I can't cope with the practical side side of my course, without telling her that I self harm and probably have other problems?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Physically too demanding?

Now have a conviction for paedophilia?

No longer want to work with children as have now found out they are snotty brats, not sweet things?
    your tutor's very likely to be bound by confidentiality stuff, so you could probably tell her with few problems. of course, you'd then have to assure her you were "doing" something about it, like seeing a doctor or something tangible like that, to keep her happy.
    You just tell her firmly that you have too many other things going on and that for your own health you need to cut down a bit.

And then you spend some time getting better.

Hope it works out for ya.
    Physically too demanding?

Now have a conviction for paedophilia?

No longer want to work with children as have now found out they are snotty brats, not sweet things?

Physically, it can be very demanding.

I do want to work with children, but there are some who never seem to do what anyone tells them.
    I know it's hard for you but maybe it's best just to tell the truth? Explain to her that you have some personal problems right now and you need some time out from your course. I know you are afraid that if you disclose that you are suffering from depression you won't be allowed to work with children later but there are laws in place to protect you against that. Teachers in schools have to take time off because of depression or mental health issues and they aren't discriminated against because of that. You have to put yourself first just now and it is your choice about whether or not you go back into the placement- if you don't feel up to it then you shouldn't do it. Maybe its possible to put your course on hold as it were?

Maybe it is better to finally tell someone in some position of authority about how you are feeling, maybe they can give you some advice about getting some help.

Sorry if this is way off the mark but I am studying Psychology so I'm for intervention.

*Hugs*
    M
    But if I miss too much time, I will be kicked off the course. I'm fine with the work; I just can't cope with the work placement and feel I really should take some time out next year just to sort myself out.
    do you have to have completed a certain number of hours in placement to be able to qualify after your course? Would you be able to cope with half the work load and half the placement hours, if so you could ask if there's any way you could continue from september part-time.
    I think you have to. And I would obviously need some first ahdn experience with working with children.