Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Signed off at last!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wanted to share my good news... and also thought it might be encouraging for other people who have been unemployed for months to see that it is possible to get there in the end!!! :thumb: (see my previous threads in the work & volunteer forum to see exactly how pissed off I was about being on the dole for so long :lol: ).

I have been on job seekers for a year! :crazyeyes
And today I officially signed off!!! I hope I never have to set foot in the jobcentre again!

The 4 hour per week job I was given turned into a 16 hour job as of this week.

I'm chuffed to bits! :yippe: And really enjoying my job too. :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Congrats :) Whats your job?

I'm going to be doing a work placement soon and I was wondering would I be able to claim any money? I have no idea how it works.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Congrats Lu_C - that's brilliant news :yippe:

Lipsy, there's no reason you can't claim JSA while doing a work placement if you're not receiving more than expenses for it. Here's a factsheet about JSA that you will probably find helpful.

Good luck with it :)
    Congrats Lu_C, that's wonderful news.:)
    That's wicked. I felt AMAZING the day I signed off (the day I start college full time!) it was a wicked feeling.

Well done mate :thumb:
    :D Thanks all.

Lipsy... if you are actively looking for a job which is 16 or more hours a week then you can claim job seekers... If you work less than 16 hours but are still looking for a job over that then you can still claim the benefit. So if you're doing an unpaid work placement while you look for a job I think you'd be able to sign on.
    Wahoo well done you! I'm so glad you're enjoying your new job and that the hours have increased as well. :yippe:
    Oh and I'm a Sales Assistant Lipsy... nothing impressive :blush:
    Well done Lu_C, if you enjoy your job it makes working much easier.

Hope it goes well.

:thumb:
    Well done Lu_C and its great to see you're enjoying your new job too-always a big plus! :D