Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Single

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    deceelpool wrote: »
    That made me feel well old hun.

aw sorry - but tis true
  • Options
    delahoya wrote: »
    Not wanting to put a dampner on how good it is being single but there is something i ve seen in most of these posts.

Isnt the reason why you are enjoying single life more because you were in the "wrong" relationship? i.e. other half was too clingy, kept on txting/calling etc. Therefore, when you put these posts up, you are much more happier.

Just thought i would point that out. As i said, being single does have its pros and cons but i think people would always prefer to have some companionship rather than none.
    All of that makes complete sense to me. I can't for one minute believe that being single is more enjoyable (in the long term) than a relationship.
  • Options
    All of that makes complete sense to me. I can't for one minute believe that being single is more enjoyable (in the long term) than a relationship.

I agree... I have found that special one and they beat so called 'freedom' every time :love: Would never trade this in for nights out etc... when two people really ARE destined to be together suddenly most of the positive points expressed here about being single just fade into insignificance :)
  • Options
    "When you are single, friends and 'loose' relationships with people help to fill it so i suppose that compensates for it."

I would like to be in a ltr, but only if it is with someone I'm in love with, and who loves me back. I would rather be single than be in a 'loose relationship' where you say you're bf and gf, but your heart's not really in it; I'd feel like I was cheating myself.
    I have definitely seen a few female friends of mine who are always going out with someone or other, and the new bf is just the latest in a long line. It's as if they need to always be with someone in order to be happy; always like to have someone around to do the manly things (change lightbulbs, set up the internet connection, carry shopping etc, cos obv it's too difficult yourself...) and be there as an ego-booster, paying compliments/giving reassurance etc. In a way I think it's a little sad; you should know your own worth and not need someone else to tell you.

Maybe I am being idealistic, and as I grow older I will change my mind; maybe I need to since with the current attitude I could be single for a long time! :o
  • Options
    Im single and its pretty weird after three years of pretty much none stop relationships but i need time alone i think and its kinda goooooood at least i can do whatever the fuck i want now and not worry about hurting some one elses feelings.

Single is fun, plus im only seventeen ! I still have ages until i have to settle down and have kids and do all that stuff