Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

UCAS query...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I sent my UCAS application to my tutor (referee) so she can add a reference. I sent it to her on 4th march (the deadline for my uni was 8th march) and my tutor has added the reference.

When I login, it now says that my reference has been completed and that my referree hasn't checked my application. It also says that my referee can send my application to UCAS from 15th September.

I'm totally confused by the september remark..... and a little worried because my 1st choice uni were very specific about the 8th march deadline.

Anyone figure it out? Ta x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    no idea, I didn't go through ucas. Is there a number you can call?
  • Options
    Are you applying for uni this October?

Only asking because the thing that says your referee can send your application to UCAS from 15th September implies that that's for next years application process.
  • Options
    I sent my UCAS application to my tutor (referee) so she can add a reference. I sent it to her on 4th march (the deadline for my uni was 8th march) and my tutor has added the reference.

When I login, it now says that my reference has been completed and that my referree hasn't checked my application. It also says that my referee can send my application to UCAS from 15th September.

I'm totally confused by the september remark..... and a little worried because my 1st choice uni were very specific about the 8th march deadline.

Anyone figure it out? Ta x

You should speak to you tutor immediately. My part of the UCAS was completed by around November (2005) but my tutor didnt get predicted marks and a reference ready until just before the deadline in January(2006). I think your application should be completed on BOTH sides before any deadline.
  • Options
    What's your UCAS number? (Or at least the 1st 2 digits of it) Because that should give away which cycle you are applying for.

You've missed the equal consideration deadline (which was towards the end of January) but it should stil be possible to apply through UCAS for courses starting Sep/Oct 2007 for a while yet.

Can you still log in to apply? Have you marked all the sections of your application completed? (ie If you look across that top row where it says: Personal details, Education, Qualifications, Personal Statement etc; does it say completed under every single one of them?
  • Options
    It's all sorted now thank God. I'm applying for THIS YEAR!! (route b art n design) :nervous:

What had happened was that; my tutor adds a reference and then sends it to Rachel (the person who checks it again) - she checks it and sends it to the college co-ordinator (who checks it again and sends it to ucas).

It was checked by Rachel the same day my tutor put the reference on it (weds 7th march) and it was sent to the co-ordinator.

On monday, I phoned the co-ordinator asking why my application wasn't sent, and he claimed that it had something to do with my tutor having missed something out when she added the reference.

So, it was then sent by the co-ordinator on monday (4 days after my uni's deadline!).

My tutor has said all along that she did everything right. Rachel has said that she's done it all correctly and the co-ordinator claims that he had nothing to do with it and that it was my tutor's fault.

Oh my god, what a nightmare. I f-ing hate my college. They couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery.
  • Options
    Glad it's all sorted and it's gone now, but you were cutting it a bit fine only sending it for the reference 4 days before the deadline.
  • Options
    My tutor said it would be fine :rolleyes:

Anyway, now she's saying that my uni only put 8th march as the deadline, so that they could organise themselves more sufficiently when the applications came in.

In fact, I'm well in before the deadline; the official route b deadline is 24th march I believe.