Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Legal extasy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey does anyone know anything about the pills you can buy legally in shops that are supposed to have the same effects as extasy..
what are they called and wer can you get them?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There are loads of them.

At the end of the day, if you're buying something legally as a substitute for an illegal drug they're either A) a load of shite or B) nowhere near as good as the real thing.
    cari wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know anything about the pills you can buy legally in shops that are supposed to have the same effects as extasy..
    what are they called and wer can you get them?

If you do a search for BZP they have been covered in detail in the past.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    At the end of the day, if you're buying something legally as a substitute for an illegal drug they're either A) a load of shite or B) nowhere near as good as the real thing.

:yes:
    why do you need a substitute? why not just go for ecstasy?!
    They're shite. Don't bother.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Load'a'jank.
    Weekender Offender 
    The P.E.P pills are alright, nothing like the real thing but the BZP still gives you a buzz, questionable how safe they actually are though.
    The other herbal pills are wank, I bought some 'HERBAL X-T-C' once, dropped like 10 of them and felt nothing.
    The thing you guys need to grasp is that BZP and TFMPP based "party pills" were never mean't as a "legal extasy" product, BZP was designed for hard drug users as an alternative to P (meth-amphetamine), they are CNS stimulants with TFMPP being the more "trippy" out of the two - the effects more resemble that of speed than the loved up feeling you get from MDMA family.

BZP/TFMPP based products are legal in NZ, we've had them selling in newsagents and bottle stores for the last 7-8 years. The guy behind the PEP pills you guys have (who was also in Mixmag a couple of months ago) is a kiwi called Matt Bowden -- whom I've worked with many times.

http://www.spiritualhigh.co.uk/information/drug-harm-minimisation-and-legal-highs/this-man-wants-to-sell-you-legal-ecstasy/3-7-7-17

The problem we have with BZP/TFMPP products is whilst they are legal, they are not govenmently regulated so some manufacturers are putting in 2-3times the dose of active chemical instead of a safe amount (ie. some pills have 70-80mg of BZP in them, others have 500mg in each tablet). Also because BZP/TFMPP is a stimulant, it shouldn't be taken with alcohol and you should follow the advice on the packaging - another thing people aren't doing out here and ending up in hospital... BZP has yet to been the sole contributor to any deaths (So far there has been one BZP-related death reported in the world. In 2001 a 23 year old woman in Zurich took two pills and then drank ten litres of water. She died of hyponatremia or water poisoning - just like Leah Betts, poster girl for the ecstasy backlash of the mid '90s), so it is considered a very safe alternative.

We're working towards other alternatives out here now which don't include BZP/TFMPP, Matt Bowden had been trialing a product called 'Ease' which was using the chemical - methylone; and having used various versions throughout its development, I can say that nothing else has ever compared. 'Ease' unfortunatly met some contraversy and was later removed from sale:

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/GE0604/S00032.htm
    , BZP was designed for hard drug users as an alternative to P (meth-amphetamine),

BZP was originally designed for worming farm animals.
    Perhaps.. However when it comes to human consumption - we're not farm animals after-all - it was first marketed as a safer alternative to 'P'

Go and look up Nemesis, Exodus, Frenzy, A-Class Party Pills, London Underground :)
    Perhaps.. However when it comes to human consumption - we're not farm animals after-all - it was first marketed as a safer alternative to 'P'

Go and look up Nemesis, Exodus, Frenzy, A-Class Party Pills, London Underground :)

Haven't seen you about here in a long time superstar dj. :wave:
    Anyone tryed that Herbal Speed?? Had it once few years ago this brown shit my mate had some fucking horrible!! Its just snuff it has to be he got it from some hippie shop they do some rite weird stuff in there lol

That's just marketing bollocks.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/bzp/bzp_article2.shtml
    From the same site:

"BZP is a stimulant which gained popularity in some countries in the early 2000s as a legal alternative to amphetamine, methamphetamine, and MDMA."

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/bzp/
    Nottmlad wrote: »
    Anyone tryed that Herbal Speed?? Had it once few years ago this brown shit my mate had some fucking horrible!! Its just snuff it has to be he got it from some hippie shop they do some rite weird stuff in there lol

Yeah they have lines of it racked up in a shop in Amsterdam - just made my nose run.
    From the same site:

"BZP is a stimulant which gained popularity in some countries in the early 2000s as a legal alternative to amphetamine, methamphetamine, and MDMA."

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/bzp/

Yes, but it was used recreationally before that. Some hip capitalist types then latched on to that and decided to make some money out of it and tried to pretend they had harm reduction motives.
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    Yeah they have lines of it racked up in a shop in Amsterdam - just made my nose run.

Haha yeah I saw that in Amsterdam. It was like try a line before you buy, we actually bought some of it and ended up throwing it away it was so shit and horrible to snort. You didn't come across it in the Shroom gallery did you?
    otter wrote: »
    :yes:
    why do you need a substitute? why not just go for ecstasy?!

I just heard a few things about them and wondered if it was worth a try, can get the real thing for cheaper tho so fuck il stick to what i normally do..
    Blagsta wrote: »
    Some hip capitalist types then latched on to that and decided to make some money out of it and tried to pretend they had harm reduction motives.

The "hip capitalist" type you speak of who brought it to NZ and to the UK via PEP pills is Matt Bowden.

I guarentee you he's not pretending, he used to be a crystal meth addict along with many of his close friends, one of whom commited suicide - he then tried to turn his life and many others around by developing safer alternatives.

As well as BZP, we've also seen the development of other over-the-counter drugs called 'Stop P' which is designed to take the edge off P users so they don't "need" their other hit.

Quite frankly, I've known Matt for years and even raised his company 'Angelcare' over $4500 and I trust him with my life, he's not pretending, hes even fighting against the ban of BZP based products by lobbying the govenment with his organisation 'STANZ' with the object of safely regulating the amount of active chemical found in each of these dancepills to make them even safer as we have a lot of kitchen chemists now who are (legally) selling their own versions of 'dance pills' usually with 3-4 times the recommended (safe) dose of BZP.
    Oh well, believe what you like. You have a vested interest after all.

*shrugs*
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I don't think anyone is questioning the motives for why a particular person developed them, (as there is no way of knowing) just the relative safety of the active ingredients in legal ecstacy alternatives.

Blagsta has a point, see thread here - PEP pills study aborted.
    Yes, I have a problem with people saying they have harm reduction motives when they don't. They quite clearly have profit motives.
    I don't know about these ..

why go to chessington if you can go to Disney? - is my thoughts on the subject
    Hey im new on here.
    Theres a new online site that sells bzp and tfmpp for really cheap, i think its from china (?) But the stuff is really good i tried it! When tfmpp and bzp are mixed in a 2 to 1 ratio it feels just like pure mdma in my opinion, much better than the dirty street stuff.
    heres the site http://1atreu.tripod.com/
    check you later!
    oh yeah and heres the website that technically describes the effects of bzp and tfmpp on the brain and their similarity to mdma.later
    http://www.mdma.net/tfmpp/tfmpp-bzp.html
    infin8e wrote: »
    Hey im new on here.
    Theres a new online site that sells bzp and tfmpp for really cheap, i think its from china (?) But the stuff is really good i tried it! When tfmpp and bzp are mixed in a 2 to 1 ratio it feels just like pure mdma in my opinion, much better than the dirty street stuff.
    heres the site http://1atreu.tripod.com/
    check you later!

Spam fritters anybody?

And don't believe the hype. It's jank.
    Weekender Offender 
    Hey no fair. THIS IS NOT SPAM, this board is asking about bzp and tfmpp.
    And im just answering about it, o.k. so i added the website i bought it from but i dont care if you buy it or not. I still think its cooler than alot of the street drugs that arent clean and often dont even contain mdma and even when they do its often a miniscule amount!
    plur
    astroboy
    astroboy
    Is this the same astroboy that writes the reviews on ush?
    plur
    astroboy

P.L.U.R :thumb:
    icey wrote: »
    Is this the same astroboy that writes the reviews on ush?

Doubt it. That's Astraboy!
    Weekender Offender 
    Never tried them myself but i've heard mixed reports, some people say their good enough but not the real thing and others say their a load of shite.

It's each to their own, some people might like them, some might not.