Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Climate Change

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    seeker wrote: »
    On a physiological level the fact that you are quoting me the answer would have to be "yes".

However, I have a sneaky suspicion you are not talking physiological.

If my suspicions prove correct, would you be so kind as to let me know what you mean ? Please :)

I'll take that as a no.

You just annoy me is all, you ask stupidly abstract questions which often have no relevence to the thread and then somehow expect people to understand what you're on about between crack pipes.

And I'll openly admit that it annoys me because I don't think on your level and don't know what you're talking about. That's all/
    Namaste wrote: »
    I'll take that as a no.

You just annoy me is all, you ask stupidly abstract questions which often have no relevence to the thread and then somehow expect people to understand what you're on about between crack pipes.

And I'll openly admit that it annoys me because I don't think on your level and don't know what you're talking about. That's all/

I tend not to have expectations of others. (It has often lead to disappointment on my part).

But that was then and this is now. I am rarely disappointed.

Your annoyance may be addressed if you don`t expect to know what I`m talking about ( assuming, of course, that you don`t want to be annoyed)

:):) to you.
    whether or not humans are responsible for current climate change, (even though it's fairly obvious the chemicals we've been pumping into the atmosphere must be doing somthing ) it's about time people stopped argueing if it's our fault or not and started taking more measures to reduce our impact on the environment.

I think it's fairly likely that we have had a contribution to the current climate trends, but as I've said, we still need to reduce the impact people have on the environment, regardless of trying to blame each other and "trading" carbon emissions between countries is a ludicrous idea.
    I tend not to have expectations of others. (It has often lead to disappointment on my part).

But that was then and this is now. I am rarely disappointed.

Your annoyance may be addressed if you don`t expect to know what I`m talking about ( assuming, of course, that you don`t want to be annoyed)

:):) to you.

I agree on not having expectations, it leads to trust and you can't trust anyone.

But you have me there...
    I agree on not having expectations, it leads to trust and you can't trust anyone.

But you have me there...

I`m in disagreement with you at this moment in the space-time continuum.

I have trust in (some) others but no expectations that I can think of.

(It`s a good feeling too :love: )
    I`m in disagreement with you at this moment in the space-time continuum.

I have trust in (some) others but no expectations that I can think of.

(It`s a good feeling too :love: )

But surely trust is expectation. Expecting that somebody won't hurt you.
    But surely trust is expectation. Expecting that somebody won't hurt you.

I`d say hope rather than expect. Unconditional.
    I`d say hope rather than expect. Unconditional.

Well if our trust is broken, we are shocked or hurt because we don't expect it to happen...

But not expecting things from people, I completely agree with you.

*Pulls the thread back on its rails*