Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Internet relationships

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Are they worht pursuing

Met a few girls recently but don't know if they are worth it. They all say they like me, whether they actually mean it for real is a different matter. Does chatting on the internet reflect real feelings?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It is easier to lie on the net, but generally people are honest and feel real things. Of course its not a complete view because they haven't met you, and people only show their best side on the net, but if people like you its worth taking it further.

Unless they're in Australia. Net-only relationships are pointless.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I think people can certainly be genuine online and judging by relationships made on this forum you can certainly care about people you haven't met.

However, for a proper relationship to develop I think most people prefer to actually meet the person they've chatted to online.

You might find these articles interesting:

Netmates dos and don'ts

Make friends online

Meeting offline

Pulling online

Have fun and keep your wits about you :)
    As i said, i ve met a few girls online and i am interested in meeting them. One of them i get along with really well but she lives far away although i reckon i will make the effort to see her. The other is on holiday and says she likes me but i m not too sure as she has slept with a guy already. And another says she wants to have some fun with me but i do not think we will be anything more than friends who have "fun" together.

Its picking at me because all 3 have come along at the same time. I ll go into more detail if you guys/girls ask
    I have mixed feelings about meeting people from the internet. One guy turned out to be a complete fake, although I met a loverly lady once too :blush: . I met them both purely for friendship purposes. Tbh, if somebody tried to chat me up online, I'd consider them desperate.
    Kermit wrote: »
    Net-only relationships are pointless.

Aye, if you're not going to meet then you're as well sticking your knob in your USB port.

I don't think trying to go and pull online is the best method, but then I don't think going all out to pull in the real world is a great idea either. If you're intent on it then just be yourself and chat to people like you'd do if you were out or whatever.

The one online thing I had was somebody I'd known for a while and neither of us set out to pull each other and we met up once we realised there was something sort of maybe happening. You're probably better off leaving all the romantic and the plans to shag stuff till you meet, because it only adds pressure you don't need.
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Aye, if you're not going to meet then you're as well sticking your knob in your USB port.

I don't think trying to go and pull online is the best method, but then I don't think going all out to pull in the real world is a great idea either. If you're intent on it then just be yourself and chat to people like you'd do if you were out or whatever.

The one online thing I had was somebody I'd known for a while and neither of us set out to pull each other and we met up once we realised there was something sort of maybe happening. You're probably better off leaving all the romantic and the plans to shag stuff till you meet, because it only adds pressure you don't need.

Yeah, it wasnt intentional at all. I didnt go out to pull them at all. I do agree with you on the romantic/shag stuff thing. I think it does, i suppose just hanging out is best to make things more stress free.

:lol::lol::lol:
    They can work, if the distance isn't too far and you can get there easily and often enough, if you're only going to see them once a year, there isn't much point,
    Hellfire wrote: »
    and you can get there easily enough

What, like camping out all night at Buchanan bus station? ;)
    What, like camping out all night at Buchanan bus station? ;)

Is there something i should know?? lol

Nah, distance isnt a problem unless they live in a different country!

I ve got my car and i d relish the chance to drive up the country lol :D
    first time i met my gf i spent all night on a bus n she camped out at a bus station to meet me, ended up spending 23 1/2 hours traveling to and back from hers,

it was a net r'ship, it worked out
    Net friendships are good. I've made some decent friends on the Internet. Yet they remain on the Internet because we've never met. You can be open and yourself when chatting about stuff I find. Saying that I've met two of my past boyfriends off of the Net. Got talking/chatted up. Met and doodah.
    I've gained a few online friends through the online RPG "World of Warcraft". We use a program called Teamspeak to make free phonecalls to each other.

You must have a very, very odd shaped knob.
    I think it's alright, but I think people lean too much on the internet. Have you ever seen someone go completely apeshit because their internet didn't work?

What about all my friends on livejournal!!! :(:(

I've had internet friendships, I have had one or two before, but I don't know, unless you meet up in a shortish timeframe and make it a 'proper' relationship then it probably wont go anywhere.

But then again, maybe it's not important that it goes anywhere. Maybe the reassurance that someone loves you is enough. Or at least believing they do, to give you self confidence for when they or you find someone 'IRL'.
    You must have a very, very odd shaped knob.

I hope that wasn't you fishing for photos.
    I hope that wasn't you fishing for photos.

Sweet cheeks, if yer offerin' I'm acceptin'.
    Sweet cheeks, if yer offerin' I'm acceptin'.

It's a shame I wasn't then, eh?

Isn't there a bottle of salad cream you should be "exploring your sexuality" with anyway?
    It's a shame I wasn't then, eh?

I'll never, ever get over it.
    Isn't there a bottle of salad cream you should be "exploring your sexuality" with anyway?

All my exploring's done.. Think of me as Columbus, and poontang as my America.
    All my exploring's done.. Think of me as Columbus, and poontang as my America.

:lol::lol:
    Tbh I think that internet relationships are creepy and that it's normally really desperate wierd people who have them. I also don't go to dodgy clubs.

Talking to people in the flesh is better.
    freinds on the web are alright, but I wouldnt extend that to romantic relationships as people have said.

I made a good freind when I was younger in the habo hotel, that young peoples place (highly moderated and safe etc) & got to know her pretty well, but I'm not sure I woulda met up with her.
    I think chatting on the internet can be a little contrived, but overall I think it's a pretty genuine exchange.

You have the added confidence of anonymity.
    I'm more inclined to be myself when chatting virtually.
    I tend to be a little more uninhibited than I would otherwise be,
    but that's about it.

I met a guy on the net a while back and we were together 2 years.
    So yah, I think it's a pretty valid way of communicating.
    Good luck n such :)
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I've had internet friendships, I have had one or two before, but I don't know, unless you meet up in a shortish timeframe and make it a 'proper' relationship then it probably wont go anywhere.

:yes: