Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Need Help For Job Interview

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi I Need Some Advice, I Have A Job Interview On Thurs In A Travel Agents..

Does Anyone Have Any Tips On What They'l Ask In Interview Or How To Come Across Best Etc!!

Comments

• Options
    Make sure you are well informed, check out there website and make sure you know as much as you can about the job and the company. Usual interview questions are:

Tell us a bit about yourself?
    What are you strengths?
    What are your weak areas?
    Why do you want to work here?
    What do you think you will enjoy most about the job?
    What do you think you will find most challenging about the job?

There are lots more but these are questions that always come up for me...when they ask do you have any questions, make sure you have a few lined up, such as...

Who will be my line manager?
    How has it come about that this position is available?
    What are the future prospects for this role?

The best thing to do is prepare youself by reading your CV and application form, and read the job description thoroughly and read about the company.

Good Luck :yippe:
  • Options
    Yeah, really good advice from Pink_Angel :yes:

Also, don't rush in to answering things; give yourself a second or two to think so what you say comes out clear and understandable; and don't garble on for too long. Sometimes repeating the question in a different way is a good way of showing you're a good listener and have understood stuff well.

Keep eye contact with the interviewer... if there's more than one make sure you look at all of them (and remember to smile).
    Dress smartly. I always feel more confident when I've dressed to impress a bit because it puts me in role.

Just really try and persuade them that you want to work for their company specifically (not a bad idea to casually mention things you like about them).

Have a good idea of what your job role would be and mention things about yourself that would fit into that well.

Asking things like 'what training should I expect to get' and stuff about progressing within the company, because it shows you'd be planning on staying with them.

Good luck, I'm sure it'll be fine. :)