Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Still getting cigarette cravings after 4 weeks.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Calvin wrote: »
    The less i had to do the more i would smoke.

Boredom makes me smoke more too, its annoying cos you don't even want too... you just do it anyway to kill time.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote: »
    Boredom makes me smoke more too, its annoying cos you don't even want too... you just do it anyway to kill time.

Yeah, i agree. Its not cos im craving one, its just sheer fucking bordem. The choice is either eat something or have another ciggerette.

Still dont need to worry about that anymore (touch wood) :D
  • Options
    Yeah, i agree. Its not cos im craving one, its just sheer fucking bordem. The choice is either eat something or have another ciggerette.

Still dont need to worry about that anymore (touch wood) :D

So how long's it been now?

13 days till I give up completely... :nervous:
    (I said I would stop smoking when my mate goes travelling, no particular reason, just seemed good to set a deadline)
  • Options
    So how long's it been now?

13 days till I give up completely... :nervous:
    (I said I would stop smoking when my mate goes travelling, no particular reason, just seemed good to set a deadline)

I gave up on Valantines day, so a month tomorrow :D

Still get tempted to have a crafty one though, dont think thats going to change for a while.

13 days time is a good a day as any, (let me just write that in my diary ;) ) even if you dont stop on the day, just give up the day after etc, dont put to much pressure on yourself to quit on that date.

I would say find something else you can do, to replace having a fag when you are bored. Not sure what you could do though :D

Best of luck giving up though, let me know how it goes

:thumb:
  • Options
    How many have you cut down to?

Just keep trying, i found it harder to quit when i had made a big point about quitting. Some of my sucessful attempts at quitting were when i hadn't planned to quit. :yes:

It was when i was busy all day, and didnt really think about smoking. Its only when im bored i start thinkin thinking about ciggies :D

Not sure exactly how many i've cut down to but less anyway, a packet lasts me longer than what it used to and i never buy 20 packs, the more cigs you have the more you'll smoke.

Rollies/cigarettes are both bad for you but at the end of the day rollies wouldn't be as bad as ciggies.
  • Options
    Rollies are better for you... they dont contain as many shitty chemicals and pre packed ones.

1 Cigarette a day is bad! lol
    But if you mean what is more serious... I would say 10 a day is probably average for a full time smoker...
    20 a day is when things start to get heavy. I'm glad I'm well off the 20 a day now!

Thanks.

Smoke about 8-9 a day. Dirty rollies though, guess I like the process of rolling a cig. I use green rizla's, so I'm smoking a lesser amount of tobacco per cig than prepacked ones? Or doesn't it work like that?
  • Options
    Shogun wrote: »
    i never buy 20 packs, the more cigs you have the more you'll smoke.

Too true :yes: . I never bought packs of 20's, I would smoke them quicker than if i bought 10's.

• Options
    I'd buy 20 packs sometimes if i had a good bit of money and was heading out for a good night out but other than that i try not to buy 20 decks.
  • Options
    I'd buy 20 packs sometimes if i had a good bit of money and was heading out for a good night out but other than that i try not to buy 20 decks.

I was trying to show restraint by only taking a ten box with me on a night out.

Soon as i ran out and was pissed I would be feeding pound coin after pound coin into the fag machine :D . I would end up paying £6/£7 for a box of 16! Madness :mad:

• Options
    I know what you mean but that's just the way it is.

Willpower is what you need at the end of the day.
  • Options
    Willpower is what you need at the end of the day.

Or a shitload of nicotine patches :D

I haven't used them before so I dont know if they are any good.

If i was wanting to give up smoking and found it to hard, i would consider hypnosis. I have heard a lot of people who have been able to quit after being hypnotised.

• Options
    The patches are good but you have to really want to quit for them to properly work.

Yea i was going to have hypnosis, my dad knows lots of long term smokers than went off them after getting hypnosis, however i never got round to it.

Anyway gotta go and catch a bus back home from uni.
  • Options
    Anyway gotta go and catch a bus back home from uni.

Hard working student :D
  • Options
    Hard working student :D

Wouldn't go that far i don't think. :chin:
  • Options
    The patches are good but you have to really want to quit for them to properly work.

Yea i was going to have hypnosis, my dad knows lots of long term smokers than went off them after getting hypnosis, however i never got round to it.

Your 21st Birthday is on National Non Smoking Day :thumb:
  • Options
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/0141026898/ref=pd_ka_1/202-1833747-9287846?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173930941&sr=8-1

Thats all there is to it. Around the price of 20 fags, so if it doesn't work (Which i give my seal of approval that it will if you follow the instructions correctly), thats only one night out's worth of fags gone.

EDIT: Don't just look at what I've said, read the reviews and decide for yourself.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/0141026898/ref=pd_ka_1/202-1833747-9287846?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173930941&sr=8-1

Thats all there is to it. Around the price of 20 fags, so if it doesn't work (Which i give my seal of approval that it will if you follow the instructions correctly), thats only one night out's worth of fags gone.

EDIT: Don't just look at what I've said, read the reviews and decide for yourself.

Is that the guy off the Friday Night Project ?

• Options
    I'm not too sure, although i know he died of lung cancer recently (He used to smoke 100 a day).
  • Options
    Doofay wrote: »
    I'm not too sure, although i know he died of lung cancer recently (He used to smoke 100 a day).

Im guessing its not the guy off the Friday Night Project :no:
  • Options
    I have heard that's a good book actually. Might consider it... :chin:
  • Options
    Might look into that book, seems good.
  • Options
  • Options
    Ah well, shit happens.