Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

False Nails & Eyelashes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a ball coming up on the 16th, and my fingernails leave a bit to be desired. I can't be arsed having them done at a salon, and will need them off the next day so not paying a fortune. I saw a nice set in Tesco earlier, like these but prettier. Dress is black, accessories are cream and very pale pink, black and pewter, so I was going to go for a french manicure sort of thing. Any recommendations?

Also, false eyelashes. Are the single (well 2/3 lashes on one) ones easy to apply? or would I be better off booking into a salon for that? Or any recommendations for the whole strip things, that add length and everything but still look quite natural?

I want to play at being pretty rather than the scruff that I am normally. :p

Well, when I say I want to be pretty (because I already am :flirt:), I mean I want the BF to audibly go "wow", as opposed to think he's thinking it, but wondering because he's not good in the compliments department.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I cant put fake eyelashes on myself for shit, so i end up going to a make up artist when the occassion calls for them (and make up). She prefers the strip ones, but also does the individual ones too...but the individual ones take a while longer to put on. I personally get my own from MAC, i get number 3 and they are long and thick but look quite natural on....they cost about 5quid and they can also do your make up and put them on for the ball :) If you think these are too much you could always get the eyelashes that fit on the side of your eyes.