Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Too late to telephone?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What time do you consider it too late to telephone someone? I would ring my family and close friends at any time if I needed to, people who live with parents I stick to nine pm.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I wouldnt phone someones landline after 10pm, mobiles I'll phone anytime probably up til 11pm.
    I got a call 15mins ago and I was like "wahhh who phoning at this time lol".
    If my house phone rings late, say after 11pm I always think someone has died.

It rang about 11.30pm last week and it was some chump trying to get me to accept a reverse charged call.
    I take it you didn't accept?
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    katralla wrote: »
    What time do you consider it too late to telephone someone?
    When they're dead.

Serious reply: If it's someone that I know will be awake (an owl like me for example) then I could call anytime. If they could be sleeping, and I don't need them urgently, I wouldn't call after 10pm and before 9am (or so).
    I never ring anyone after 10. Unless my sister texts me and asks me to ring her (shes a poor student with no money so we pay for the calls).
    katralla wrote: »
    I take it you didn't accept?
    Of course not :p
    I have no social etiquette whatsoever, so if it's important I'd call you right now. Fuck I received calls at 2 in the morn, because a friend was in need. If it's important there is no prob.

Just don't call your boss now and ask for the raise...

oh landline, while living with parents that is...
    well, not after 9pm, yea... and only if it's something semi-important.
    I rang my parents at midnight the other night because I knew they would still be up and i had some urgent news to tell them.

I wouldn't call anyone else on their landline after about 10pm.

I don't know why I would ever need to call anyone late in the evening. If I wanted someone urgently I would probably text and hope they had their phone on.
    About 10ish, unless I know they're up. I do, however, leave my phone on constantly in case anyone needs to talk to me, and I know people who do the same so if I am really upset or something I will ring them at all hours of the morning.
    Personally I'm available to take a call ANYTIME. I don't really mind if it wakes me up. I remember getting a call from a friend in America, about 5/6am my time, sat and talked for a fair while really didnt bother me.

Now if i were calling somone then it's done on a person to person basis because they are all different. For example i can ring my mum everynight up until 1 or 2 am. My sister however would flip if someone rings after about 11pm.

Everyone is different. Thank god for text messages, text in advance to check if they're alright to take my call, otherwise thank god for em because you don't get half the ear bashing you would on the phone ;)
    I dont like calling house phones after 10pm but mobiles I'll call whenever really, depends how important the call is and how well i know the person.
    Doesnt bother me when people call either, even if its like 3am I'll still talk. Drunken phone calls from mates are great blackmailing tools :razz:
    I dont remember the time I phoned a house phone lol

In terms of mobiles, I dunno.. depends. If its the weekend and its a mate then anytime, if they dont pick up they dont pick up...

If its a week night and its late I would normally just txt, if they are up they will reply... if not then I would know they are asleep.
    I think I'd be rather pissed off if someone called me in the early hours of the morning unless it was an emergancy. I like my sleep. :p
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I remember, once a phone call woke me up quite early (9am, early for me). I didn't recognize the number, so I replied by making strange sounds with my mouth (dunno how to describe them). The conversation went like:
    Me: Kzbzz.
    Them: Hello?
    Me: Zp-krrr?
    Then they hung up. They probably thought they had dialed a Mars number or something :p They didn't call back.
    It depends. If it's someone who has children/has to get up early in the morning, then about 8/9pm. It does vary though - I may ring around 11pm if it's an emergency.
    Land lines 10 30pm. Im a weirdo student, so to us its no strange thing if a friend calls at 1 in the morning for a chat. So on some nights of the week i would call until 2 for mobiles, but weekdays, probably midnight.
    Phoned my ex (who's got an 18 month old baby) at 2.57am this morning.

Probably too early rather than too late, haha.
    I do not like to call people after 9pm as I do not like people calling me after that time. An emergency is different though!
    It depends... I'd call my very close friends up to 1 am (because I know they are almost always awake at that time), otherwise up to 11 pm.
    If its people i know will be up, like fellow club workers then leaving their phone on is fair game.

Anyone else, 10pm is usually the latest, but probly a little earlier, say maybe around 9pm would be the latest.
    larry_david737304.jpg

cutoff is at 10:30!!
    That cunt shogun has rang my house phone at 4 or 5 in the morning sometimes. Me, usually after 11 for landline, 12 for mobiles really unless it's a weekend and all hours are applicable.
    Usually wouldn't ring a landline after 11 but that case yeroscrote was an exception.

Mobile phones depending on who it is anytime.