Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Looking back, over my shoulder...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Wow,

Just spent the last 30 mins looking over my old threads I'd started (think it was inspired by the 'how long have you been a member for?' thread). It's weird to see how you've grown, developed, and changed over the past years, all the people who have come and gone, the things that were important in your life at the time, how you felt at a particular time. It's almost like an interactive diary in a way. Having been a member of these boards for so long now (and not ever really seeing me leave any time soon), it's cool to look back on my time here and think back to those times.

Feeling very melancholy now :blush:

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    There was such a thread not long ago...
    I've seen my old posts sometimes, and I don't seem that different somehow, although I'm sure that I've changed much.
  • Options
    I avoid reading my old posts. :o
  • Options
    I enjoy reading my old posts, cause it's like looking over old photos :)
  • Options

Yeah old posts rock.
  • Options
    you ass... now i have a earcandy..

looking baaaahaaack... oooveeer my shoulder...
    dood oddoood doo do od odood doo doooooo
  • Options

It's not... Photos don't record your thoughts... they're just memory joggers which you can then rewrite easily so you forget the embarrassing stuff; reading posts you wrote ages ago is like meeting your former self and realising what a sadda you really were... and may still be.
  • Options
    Well, they are like old photos. The remind you of who you were. And you never really forget the embarrassing stuff in photos. It's always going to be there. Maybe I like reading old posts because I'm a proponent of the 'if you don't know where you've been, you don't know where you are' philosophy. Snarf.
  • Options
    LOL Just the the other day I dared myself to have a look. and yeah I have grown up well loads, and them sayings that were cool at the time! :no:

Kind of embarrassing but it's like a diary, Things there i forgot about. Think i'll have another look through actually :)
  • Options
    I HATE looking over my old threads sometimes, I just feel like a different person.

And I just found this pic of me when I was like 18, FPMSL, what a tard.

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=NLEMS8S&key=WHM
  • Options
    I would rather avoid looking at my old posts. I was like a different person when I joined this site. I even remember what my first post was about and tbh it makes me cringe a bit to see how I was!
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    I avoid reading my old posts. :o
    I do too. I know I act differently now.
  • Options
    Heres me thinking you were starting a wet wet wet thread
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Heres me thinking you were starting a wet wet wet thread

I'd have thought that too if it was a Wet Wet Wet song ;)
  • Options
    Everywhere you go, always take the weather with you...

I don't have any old posts.
  • Options
    I looked over my old posts the other day after seeing this thread, the oldest ones I could find were from 2002, and they made me cringe!

I was so naive and just amazingly different to how I am now.

Even old threads from 2002 like 'what are you wearing' when I read, what I was wearing, its things I wouldn't be seen DEAD in now!

Kermit i know you're not being serious but erm. When I was looking for my old posts I found LOADS of yours. Back in the day when we actually had a laugh :) i found one where you announced yours and Ellies engagement and I was offering myself as a bridesmaid. Made me think.

Oh well, I know that I've changed for the better since 2002, for sure :D
  • Options
  • Options
    i dont look at mine, made too many relationship threads for me to cringe at and have bad memories!
  • Options
    J wrote: »
    I deleted many of mine thanks to good old paranoia. And to leave no trace of the way I ever so slightly changed the time line. He he, it's fun playing time cop. Anyway, better dash. My next appointment with destiny is only a few days away.

J, I thought you had left. Good to hear you're getting on ok.

I think that old posts are embarrassing, but they're kinda funny in a weird way. Like, when you think back to when you were a kid and thought that LA Sports trainers (you know, the ones with the lights on the back of them) were the coolest thing, but now you know they weren't :no: (or was that just me?). While things in the past may be embarrassing, they're still part of who and what you are today.