Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

co-codamol

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this may sound like a stupid question but can u get high off co-codamol 30/500 pills?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yes...but im assuming it has paracetamol in....which can fuck up your liver if you have too much
    I presume you mean 30/500 mg

I only have two 8/500 mg and that knocks me out & makes me feel really weird, so I dunno what 30/500 would do.
    I was prescribed a box of 30mg of codeine to take with 500mg of paracetemol. A few years later I found them and took 2 of each for period pain. I felt so ill and headfucked!

I'm sure z- will be able to tell you though :p
    It really depends on how you react to codiene, some people seem to have a very very low tolerance to it and feel that 16mg is enough for them.

Others will find 60mg enough to take a headache away but not enough to 'get high'.

Do not take more than two (absolute max three) every four hours. Where did you get them, I assume they are prescribed.
    I was prescribed 30/500mg Co-codamol, but couldn't tolerate them. If having a sicky, dizzy, horribly ill feeling means I'm getting 'high' then sure, you can... but urgh, I don't know why anyone would enjoy the effects of codeine!
    you can easily do an extraction .. all you need is a glass, some warm water, a freezer to use for 10 mins and a coffee filter/old tshirt.. google it

but yea.. too much paracetamol is bad, don't try and get a hit out of them as they are!!
    Dunno if it would be a high people would enjoy would it?
    Other than pure drowsyness what else would be the effects?
    I never want to take that stuff again. It was only 10/500 mg but I was like a zombie for three days straight, I slept about 20 hours a day on them. My mum had to keep popping in to my room every couple of hours to make sure I was okay.
    For the first 5mins to 30mins you should get some sort of high, but then that quickly turns to drowsiness. To be honest its more likely to be a drug id use to get some good sleep as opposed to a high.
    Amira wrote: »
    To be honest its more likely to be a drug id use to get some good sleep as opposed to a high.

Codiene doesnt have a long enough half life to be good for sleeping, its in and out of your body in 3 hours, 4 hours tops.
    cheers people i think i'll try and extract the codein from the pills.

another stupid question again-is taking codamol 2 years out of date a big deal? i know some pills can be very dangerous if out of date but i also no others are not so any info would be great thanx.
    3callum4 wrote: »
    cheers people i think i'll try and extract the codein from the pills.

another stupid question again-is taking codamol 2 years out of date a big deal? i know some pills can be very dangerous if out of date but i also no others are not so any info would be great thanx.

Although the extraction isnt massively difficult be very careful, paracetamol OD is very far from pleasant.

I wouldnt, its likely to be stable and not changed, but there is a difference between 'its likely' and 'its definitely fine'.
    budda wrote: »
    Although the extraction isnt massively difficult be very careful, paracetamol OD is very far from pleasant.

I wouldnt, its likely to be stable and not changed, but there is a difference between 'its likely' and 'its definitely fine'.

cheers man its not a definate like but just a thought and no way would i go and extart it then drink the whole lot at once. im just getting all the info i can first.
    I like codiene. Ususally have 4 or 5 dihydracodiene 30mgs and its a nice feeling, happy, especially with a few drinks, Next day is nice and chilled.

Codiene 30mgs is alright too, but i double the amount to about 8 of them.

Neither with paracetamol on though.
    Sikorah wrote: »
    I like codiene. Ususally have 4 or 5 dihydracodiene 30mgs and its a nice feeling, happy, especially with a few drinks, Next day is nice and chilled.

Codiene 30mgs is alright too, but i double the amount to about 8 of them.

Neither with paracetamol on though.

so ur saying with my pills i should extract the codiene?
    how long should i leave the crushed pills in the water for?
    no idea sorry.

i get mine without the paracetamol in.
    yeah i imagine ur very happy on them. the only reason im thinking of extracting the codiene from the pill is because i had such a wonderfull time smoking opium in thailand and codiene is found in pure opium so why not try it out?
    Sikorah wrote: »
    I like codiene. Ususally have 4 or 5 dihydracodiene 30mgs and its a nice feeling, happy, especially with a few drinks

i remember finding 80 of those fuckers one night.. i think they were 60's too .. that was some fuckin weekend :D :thumb:
    yeah i imagine ur very happy on them. the only reason im thinking of extracting the codiene from the pill is because i had such a wonderfull time smoking opium in thailand and codiene is found in pure opium so why not try it out?

I'm sure www.erowid.org has all the details you need, although be bloody careful, you may well not know how effective you were at getting rid of the paracetamol till its too late.
    And also if you take any significant amount of Codeine, you will itch like buggery and it can be quite annoying.

I remember one of my Codeine experiences forced me to get in the shower just so my head would stop feeling like ants had set up home in my scalp.
    Co-Codamol

If your going to bother with a co-codamol extraction you may
    as well buy some pyridine from ebay and mix in a test tube
    or cigar tube then heat till the codeine turns to morphine,
    codeine turns to morphine in the body so the only difference
    should be the far increase in potency. Or if your really mad,
    do the same with acetic anhyde to the morphine you have
    made to turn that into heroin.
    I dont understand mg thingys ? is it the more there is the more effective ?

at work sometimes when i file the med sheets some of the residents are prescribed diazepan and paracetemol 500 n stuff but i dont know what it means
    I dont understand mg thingys ? is it the more there is the more effective ?

at work sometimes when i file the med sheets some of the residents are prescribed diazepan and paracetemol 500 n stuff but i dont know what it means

MG is micrograms of the active medicine in each tablet/pill/capsule. The higher the mg the stronger the dosage.
    MG is Milligrams
    MCG is micrograms.

What dont you understand Just Thinking?
    If your going to bother with a co-codamol extraction you may
    as well buy some pyridine from ebay and mix in a test tube
    or cigar tube then heat till the codeine turns to morphine,
    codeine turns to morphine in the body so the only difference
    should be the far increase in potency. Or if your really mad,
    do the same with acetic anhyde to the morphine you have
    made to turn that into heroin.

Do NOT do this. Pyridine is nasty, nasty shit. Extremely harmful. I can't stress how much not to listen to this guy, fuck.
    Pyridine is toxic with LD50 in rats (oral) of 891 mg kg–1. It is volatile and can be absorbed through skin. Available data indicate that "exposure to pyridine in drinking-water led to reduction of sperm motility at all dose levels in mice and increased estrous cycle length at the highest dose level in rats". [6] Currently its evaluations as a possible carcinogenic agent showed there is inadequate evidence in humans for the carcinogenicity of pyridine, albeit there is limited evidence of carcinogenic effects on animals. [6] Effects of an acute pyridine intoxication dizziness, headache, nausea and anorexia. Further symptoms include abdominal pain and pulmonary congestion. [6] Though resistant to oxidation, pyridine is readily degraded by bacteria, releasing ammonium and carbon dioxide as terminal degradation products.

Seconded. Don't fuck around with this. For a first post that was bloody irresponsible, not so much for posting it, but not even telling people what they'd be fucking with. Besides which you method is completely wrong as typed; if someone followed your method to the letter and mainlined the result, they would kill themselves.
    How to get off these
    this may sound like a stupid question but can u get high off co-codamol 30/500 pills?

Hiya
    took these for a good year for relief from sciatica , then became dependant on them and required a higher dosage to take effect, i had a massage to calm the pain then began cycling then the gym but the exercise definately helped me come off these.
    you can try this hope it works for you too.
This discussion has been closed.