Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Completely unfanciable. I'm going to top myself.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jomery wrote: »
    had target to have £100k in my bank account by 22

Just out of interest, did you achieve that goal and if so, how?

What are your passions, your interests (apart from looking for a woman!)? People like to hear others talk about what they are passionate about.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    I have a great and big circle of true friends and hanging out with them makes me often forget that I am single and desire to be in a relationship as well. If I'd be only on my own or with 'friends' like you have them I'd be miserable all the time. Going out with my homeys getting wasted and doing crap as if we were still 17 beats going out with a girl (on a few areas at least ;)).

YES, Jomery, please take note of this. My boyfriend was nearly 22 when I met him, had seen a few girls briefly (his longest relationship was 2 months) and hadn't slept with anyone before me, but I don't think this was ever a big issue for him because he was doing exactly as StrubbleS describes here: having fun, getting pissed and stoned and taking life as it came. And then, God help him, he met me :razz:
  • Options
    I think noangel has hit the nail on the head so to speak, simply by posting she's showed that a 23 yr old with good uni background etc can be quite happy 'despite' being a virgin and single - since being a virgin and not getting with the opposite sex isn't the be all or end all - you need to be comfortable with yourself - as she seems to be from her posts and enjoy being single, I know I am right now...

I met some girls last night at a gig, didn't see them as potential partners and ended up enjoying their company, having a great time, chatting loads and walked away with two new friends looking forward to the next time we all meet up

I'm very happy right now just meeting new people - the more the merrier and one day I'll meet someone else I can share my life with - but theres no rush

nothing wrong with that - enjoy life, enjoy being single and then when it happens you'll enjoy being with a partner so much more cos it won't feel like you've forced it

• Options
    There's more to life than sex mate.

Also, truth is, most guys and girls are wankers. They will go on about how the other sex are bastards but still end up with them, they aren't the people you need to be chasing in the first place.

Your time will come, just get a bit of confidence, even if the first isn't all that great looking you'll still have that initial experience to build on. Chin up mate.
  • Options
    _79_ wrote: »
    I think noangel has hit the nail on the head so to speak, simply by posting she's showed that a 23 yr old with good uni background etc can be quite happy 'despite' being a virgin and single - since being a virgin and not getting with the opposite sex isn't the be all or end all - you need to be comfortable with yourself - as she seems to be from her posts and enjoy being single, I know I am right now...

I met some girls last night at a gig, didn't see them as potential partners and ended up enjoying their company, having a great time, chatting loads and walked away with two new friends looking forward to the next time we all meet up

I'm very happy right now just meeting new people - the more the merrier and one day I'll meet someone else I can share my life with - but theres no rush

nothing wrong with that - enjoy life, enjoy being single and then when it happens you'll enjoy being with a partner so much more cos it won't feel like you've forced it

That's the right attitude here, jomery. I always was better off when I did not go out with the intention to pull. In my opinion it works pretty quick for a man to fall for a woman, but in much (most?) cases very slower in the opposite direction. A girl needs to make her mind up first ;)

So if you are out with your friends and you get to know a girl it's just so much more easier to spend an superb and funny evening, being yourself, being a cool, modest(!) [what you seem not to be], witty, charismatic guy, instead the :love:-kind of guy. It might seem you work for the contrary right there, but imho is more appealing to a girl and you are definitely not so upset and frustrated if it did not work out. More like: it's a bonus if you do pull in the end ;)

Like I already stated. It's hard to tell someone in your position to kick back and relax, instead behaving like a hunter, but I found - at least for me - it works better.
  • Options
    The common thing here that makes people in our situation (same as orignal post) feel bad is that people telling us that sex isn't the be all and end all don't know what it's like to be so old and a virgin (and yes 22/23 is extremely old to be a virgin, at least thats how it feels to us) and because WE don't know what it's like, it's extremely hard for us to accept what you say.

That's not to say we're ungrateful of advice, we are but, well, I at least can't accept that sex isn't a vital part of life because I crave the experience of it so much.

Being in this position destroys self esteem which puts you further back in the pursuit of a solution.

Having zero confidence isn't exactly going to help is it but if no-one will touch you with a 10 foot barge pole, you start wondering if its gonna be that way forever.
  • Options
    Ok now look, I found a way but it's a secret and it will get you laid guarenteed.

At the main menu press up, down left right up down left right then hold start and select. problems sorted.

I dont get it ?? :no:
  • Options
    I don't get it either.

Am I the only single person on here who honestly doesn't care that she's not with someone or something? Some of you seen to go on like it's the end of the world...
  • Options
    But have you realised that the problem lies with yourself rather than the world around you?

:yes:

Matt - I assume you're talking more about personality and lifestyle rather than looks?
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    Just out of interest, did you achieve that goal and if so, how?
    I ran a successful business whilst at university, and during the vacations did internships in investment banking at Canary Wharf. I then invested this money into commodities like precious metals, and some stocks, more than doubling it's value, and had £100k in the bank by 22. I really take having money for granted though, don't think twice about paying over £100 for a dinner date at a nice restaurant, or £500 for a night out at a top club in the VIP area. But doesn't exactly equal happiness does it, probably more the inverse.
    katchika wrote: »
    What are your passions, your interests (apart from looking for a woman!)? People like to hear others talk about what they are passionate about.
    I own a couple of sports cars, like racing, football, rugby, tennis, golf... you get the picture! Don't really talk about myself when with people though.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    modest(!) [what you seem not to be]
    In real life I actually get commented a lot for being so modest. It came up in my work End-of-Feb feedback today in fact that I'm too modest, and need to more aggressively self-promote my skills and talents. I'm not keen on talking about myself like that. I only have in this forum to give you some context as to why this is getting to me so much.
  • Options
    BarmyArmy wrote: »
    and yes 22/23 is extremely old to be a virgin
    :crying:
  • Options
    But have you realised that the problem lies with yourself rather than the world around you? that is what we are saying and until you are in our position you will never understand how easy it is to change yourself into a fanciable person so to speak.

Yes, the problem is with us but how do you improve confidence in yourself when no-one will go near you?

To me, it seems like the chicken and the egg story so to speak.

If anyone has a cure to help with self confidence then I'd be extremely grateful to hear it.

I do see what you're saying though Matt and agree. I just don't know how to solve it.
  • Options
    The common thing here that makes people in our situation (same as orignal post) feel bad is that people telling us that sex isn't the be all and end all don't know what it's like to be so old and a virgin (and yes 22/23 is extremely old to be a virgin, at least thats how it feels to us) and because WE don't know what it's like, it's extremely hard for us to accept what you say.

Look, I don't want to sound Master Yoda-like, talking to his padawans and I totally empathise with your 'curiosity' of how sex is like. But let me tell you that I lost it fairly early, followed by a long dryspell of nothing and I never look back and say "boooy, I'm so glad I was so young when I made the experience.", because it really does not matter at all (what seems like everyone tries to tell you, to soothe you!). I wished it was later, if it would have happened more regularly then. After my first girlfriend, a few weeks down the line and I felt so virgin-like again.

I really was anxious before the next time, but suddenly everything felt so familiar, as if it was riding a bike, something you never unlearn, but it was never OH MY GOD, IT'S THE SEX.

It's good, but you'd - for example - regret it deeply when you exchange, financial and social security, friends, wealth, health or status for sex.

Like I said, take it easy. Not until I nearly gave up, said "fuck it..." and did not bother much more, it wend upwards again, because then a sucess was a bonus and not a standard. Like telling your mum you want a car for x-mas. If you really think you are getting it, you'll be deeply frustrated, because you did not.
  • Options
    At the main menu press up, down left right up down left right then hold start and select. problems sorted.

It's up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start ;)

/geekmode

(except your cheat is for another game/console) ^^
    for everyone who is/was clueless. It's a cheat for Konami games on supernintendo to have infinite lives.
    Yes, the problem is with us but how do you improve confidence in yourself when no-one will go near you?

If anyone has a cure to help with self confidence then I'd be extremely grateful to hear it.

When nobody goes near you, you need to go near somebody.
    The 1on1 approaching is something I don't like much either. Try to go out with friends, like 2 dudes, and ask 3 single lookind ladies on a table if the reamaining seats are free, or better, let you introduce to a girl by a friend.

It just hurts if you do it with the one intention, you will always be hurt if it does not work out. Do it for the fun and the getting-to-know-people. Fuck, I met a girl at a club lately and when I ran out of cash she kept spending for me. Best reason to meet her again and get even with the drinks. 30 times it goes wrong, but if you are not expecting anything those don't bother you the slightest. It was a kickass evening, even tho nothing (much) happened! (yet)! don't be so impatient.

About the self-confidence: Nobody can infuse that to you. That's like bungee jumping. Everyone can give you nice words, but in the end you have to fucking jump. Pull up your pants, roll up your sleeves, swallow down the butterflies nearly coming up your esophagus and dare something you pansy!
  • Options
    I ran a successful business whilst at university, and during the vacations did internships in investment banking at Canary Wharf. I then invested this money into commodities like precious metals, and some stocks, more than doubling it's value, and had £100k in the bank by 22. I really take having money for granted though, don't think twice about paying over £100 for a dinner date at a nice restaurant, or £500 for a night out at a top club in the VIP area. But doesn't exactly equal happiness does it, probably more the inverse.
    I own a couple of sports cars, like racing, football, rugby, tennis, golf... you get the picture! Don't really talk about myself when with people though.

Are you kidding me??????

seriously???

jeez man, I'd love to have that finacial security.

Man if you have that much in the bank, quit the job coz it sound slike you could walk into a job if you wanted anytime.

Take the time out for social. Go travelling, rough it or go in style - you can afford it.

Go on nights out, hang out in town and see if you can catch a girls eye.

see you mates, stay with them, join them on nights out.

Hell, do an OC and launch a charity and have big fancy parites for all the rich and upper calls socalities. You'll meet tons of people there and good chance you will find someone.

If you just want sex, hire a high class escourt, you could get the best of the best with that money - thats if losing your v is that important.

dude, you are so well off I wonder if your for real.

hey and if you discover that all that money isn't for you - donate it my way. I am sure it would go a long way to making me happy.

• Options
    you can teach me how to get rich too - i don't want to stay in this shitty market town all my life. My dream is to have a nice big house!
  • Options
    I think one or two folks mentioned jomery as making a "previous thread". I'd like to read thru all of that one too.
  • Options
    hornet893 wrote: »
    I think one or two folks mentioned jomery as making a "previous thread". I'd like to read thru all of that one too.

The other thread is here
  • Options
    one man's demise another one's joy.
  • Options
    eh?

I've always seen losing virginity as some inevitable compulsory rite of passage otherwise you're just going to suffer with people until then.
  • Options
    Yeah you're spot on, I'm completely target driven. Had academic targets throughout school/uni, had target to have £100k in my bank account by 22, become Vice President of my company by 25, so yes the "notches on the bedpost" / "magic number" being 0 is depressing, but exacerbated by people asking about it all the time!

This is entirely your problem.

Whilst you continue to see a relationship with a girl as a "target" so that you can get a notch on your bedpost, it's most likely never going to happen.

You need to completely re-evaluate how you look at yourself and how you look at women.

Also you need to consider the wider issues around what you wrote in your opening post. Although I seriously doubt that you are about to kill yourself any time soon, the fact that you wrote that shows that at least in some way you are looking at yourself as being worthless. The simple fact is that if you think yourself worthless, why should anyone else (IE a female) think that you're the best thing since sliced bread? It's your attitude and your perception of yourself that needs to change.

Lastly, and we said all this in the other thread, nowhere in the world is anyone as sex-obsessed as you make out that your "friends" are. At the very least you are building up what should be inocuous comments into something bigger than they are because of your perception as yourself as "virgin" (which noone can tell from looking, by the way.)

Read the how to be cooler website again.
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    The simple fact is that if you think yourself worthless, why should anyone else (IE a female) think that you're the best thing since sliced bread? It's your attitude and your perception of yourself that needs to change.

Lastly, and we said all this in the other thread, nowhere in the world is anyone as sex-obsessed as you make out that your "friends" are. At the very least you are building up what should be inocuous comments into something bigger than they are because of your perception as yourself as "virgin" (which noone can tell from looking, by the way.)[/QUOTE]

Which I pointed out earlier in the thread. (when I said something about how there are certain people out there who will boast about their sex life but most of it is probably them lying)
  • Options

I do see what you're saying though Matt and agree. I just don't know how to solve it.

I use to have serious confidence issues, when I first came to college I would be too shy to speak and so my best mate used to kinda speak for me. Barwork helped me with that, at least with speaking to people... Ohh and getting really wasted and going up to people randomly.

Then I went to uni and I guess volunteering was what helped. Again, when I first came I was too shy even to speak in front of a group. I learnt to deal with fear by pushing myself in to scary situations (for example, recently I went to a poetry reading and performed some prose and poetry... I'm working on my public speaking fear).

You can't expect people to talk to you if you don't make an effort to look friendly and to talk to them too.
  • Options
    Some of us need to get off the golden horse and join humanity for a while.

Jomery, you know that you can be successful and you can achieve goals. That alone should tell you something. You can actually accomplish things. You can progress. You can visibly see it. You can numerically see it.

So many people can't say they've achieved anything, let alone what you've done. That's both admirable and commendable. I would personally be proud of that because I would know I can progress. That's pretty ballsy. That's like a General saying "we're just going to keep pushing through" and he does.

This "virgin" fear is simply an insecurity. A mere gnat that stings every now and then, something that can be taken care of, but it's not totally necessary. It's like when you're 14 and someone makes a joke about Mister "Rumpled Foreskin" the ugly trouser snake, and you're the only one uncircumcised. Tends to make one feel a bit self conscious; maybe even a little tense. That's about it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, feeling a bit more upbeat today. One question though, there's been a lot of people who've talked about how it's important to be self-confident. Yet arrogance is seen as offputting. Now there's an extremely fine line between being confident in yourself and arrogant, where do you draw the line? And a couple of other people said how being modest/humble is good, but how do you come off well if they don't know good things about you because you've not shown them?
  • Options
    It's about being confident and positive about yourself, and being outgoing around other people, but not thinking anyone else is beneath you, or going out of your way to let everyone know how great you are. Being humble doesn't mean arguing when someone tells you how good you are at something, or denying it, it means being able to take a compliment and move on, and not let anything you might achieve change your attitude to others.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, feeling a bit more upbeat today. One question though, there's been a lot of people who've talked about how it's important to be self-confident. Yet arrogance is seen as offputting. Now there's an extremely fine line between being confident in yourself and arrogant, where do you draw the line? And a couple of other people said how being modest/humble is good, but how do you come off well if they don't know good things about you because you've not shown them?

Lol i'd like to think i have the line between arrogant and self confident pretty much accurate (many others would differ ;))

I'd say your analysing this too much. The minute you stop thinking so much it'll become much clearer.
  • Options
    Just be you.
  • Options

don't you realize everyone is telling you the same, just in different font and colour? As long as you studying our words by heart and trying to mimic them, it will always com across as artificial.

lacy said, if you stop thinking about it, it becomes clearer, namaste said, just be you. I told you in at least 5 posts about how everything worked out for itself as soon as I did not bother much anymore with that issue and just went out with my friends, had fun, and behaved as I could not care less what others think about me. loosen up and discover and appreciate your life singleton and learn to deal with it, and so suddenly, without your expectation, yea actually because of the lack of your expectations, BAM, there she is... and if you go on counting the seconds and times you did not score you make yourself frustrated.

man, nobody can teach you that, it seems you just pic out the words you want to hear, whereas I couldn't really disagree with a single of the regular posters here.
This discussion has been closed.