Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Please help, i don't know what's going on

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've had this friend for well over two and a half years now. We got on so well. She would come to me when she needed to talk to someone and i'd used to listen to her and help her out the best that i could and we were happy.

However, since the start of January, I can't help but feel like she doesn't want to know me anymore. We don't talk anywhere near as much as we did, she spends her time with other people much more than me and when she does speak to me, it feels like she doesn't want to. She accused me of relying on her, which i felt a little offended by. Do i rely on her?

Before the x-mas period, we both got on fine. It was just after the break when we started back at college that things were different.

Please, does anyone have any ideas as to why things have changed between us and what i can do to sort it out?

Thank you all

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I can't really tell you if you rely on her or not... But, I think friendships just come and go sometimes. I had a best mate for most of my time at school... then in year 10/11 she started hanging around more with other people and we sort of slowly drifted apart. It's tough when one person doesn't really want things to change, but I'm affraid it happens.
    I doubt you've done anything wrong... people just change as they get older and have different experiences and views on life and sometimes they feel they've out-grown their old friends.
    Try not to take it personally and just make sure you have other friends to hang around with and be close to. :)