Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Command and conquer 3 demo out now

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Get it from here: http://www.fileplanet.com/174572/170000/fileinfo/Command-&-Conquer-3:-Tiberium-Wars-Demo-FilePlanet-Exclusive

:) 1.2Gb, download queue combined of about 2,500 people over two public servers :D will be a fun night! :razz:

Good thing I'm going to download it through FTP off my mate when he's got it :p

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :| 1.2Gb for a demo????

Fuck me. Long gone are the days of simple floppy disk sized demo's. Virtual Pool demo anyone?
    8% at 210kb/s. My friend is a god :D. Be done in an hour and a half!

eta: 13% :cool:
    I suspect there's a torrent for it somewhere, with that many people, you may get it faster if you can find it.
    a) torrents don't work at uni
    b) I'm maxing out my connection at the min. There's someone else on my line also downloading it from this guy :p slowing me down :(. At 26% though. sorry, I'm getting worse than coolme. I've been waiting for this for a long time. Since Tibsun!
    it's available from EA's downloader steam-clone thingy apparently, but it appears their account creation server's broke, so you cant use it currently. supposed to get good speeds from it.

never really got into the c&c series really, will download it tomorrow and have a play. one can only hope the UI is better than supreme commander's !
    If you don't like the supreme commander UI:

- download the latest patch
    - press alt and up

it will cycle through different configurations, along with having the bar at the sides or top, you can also have a mini-bar which i prefer :) so essentially your whole screen is the battlefield, and some translucent icons are for your menus :)

I think cnc3 will be nice on widescreen, since the menu is at the side :) a la pre-generals
    the full game has a mini ui does it? hmmm that must be much nicer :)

I've only played the demo, there's no point buying the full game, my PC isn't quite good enough to do it justice unfortunately.
    I really cant wait for this game, i have been playing Command and Conquer since the days of the first one on my old p1 90MHz,
    Now downloading, not sure if it's gonna run on my laptop though, used to love C&C, not played since TS though.

By the way, instead of a long wait for the demo that's on File Planet, try http://www.gamershell.com/download_17978.shtml - GamersHell is best place for downloading demos, they got good servers.
    Downloaded and finished the demo. Humph. Seems too quick. Like, the gameplay. More simplified. It's just a rushrace it seems on skirmish.
    Rich-E wrote: »
    :| 1.2Gb for a demo????

Fuck me.

With Pleasure!

I wish I had a faster pc, 1 ghz, 512 mb of ram, ati radeon 9600 pro 256 mb :no:

Oh well..
    Makoto wrote: »
    Now downloading, not sure if it's gonna run on my laptop though, used to love C&C, not played since TS though.

By the way, instead of a long wait for the demo that's on File Planet, try http://www.gamershell.com/download_17978.shtml - GamersHell is best place for downloading demos, they got good servers.

thanks for the link, I'm getting a fairly typical good download speed for my crappy network :)
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Downloaded and finished the demo. Humph. Seems too quick. Like, the gameplay. More simplified. It's just a rushrace it seems on skirmish.

Is it a time restricted demo? What functionality has been removed if any?

Gonna download it for mini-ninja (He loves C&C and can probably whip most of your arses at it!). :p
    Well you get a tutorial, then you get a prologue which is like a tutorial mission, then you get a proper mission, then you can play a simple 1v1 skirmish on one map, and can only play as GDI. Full tech tree unlocked though. I've been told if you capture the nod base, then you can build all their stuff too. Ace :D
    I'm getting worse than coolme.

You already are!:D

Don't supouse anyone has a nice working link?

I've tryed both and no luck:grump:
    Well you get a tutorial, then you get a prologue which is like a tutorial mission, then you get a proper mission, then you can play a simple 1v1 skirmish on one map, and can only play as GDI. Full tech tree unlocked though. I've been told if you capture the nod base, then you can build all their stuff too. Ace :D

Cool.

Cheers (from Mini-Ninja) :D
    :D Cheers shyboy:thumb:
    only 4.5 hrs left. boo!
    Ah, C&C keeps CTD with error in DemoGame.dat
  • Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    Has anyone tried it with Vista? Does it work?
    I have, and it installed fine and while i was doing the tutorial it sort of stopped responding.

I did not want to bother again so i installed on Games PC and its fine:)

Give it ago though:thumb:
    It worked fine for me without an issue.

Do you have an Nvidia graphics card CoolMe? I've heard they're not so reliable in vista because of the drivers.
    Nope Intel, but saying that my Source games for steam dont work either so no superise there.
    So you're using integrated graphics? :/

No wonder it doesn't work! :p
    So you're using integrated graphics? :/

Laptop remember, But theres a difference my GFX is 256mb:flirt:
    why not use a proper mirror.

ftp://ftp.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyondergames/demos/cnc3_demo.exe

:).

Zippy speeds for me.
    Should'nt that be "Virgin media" ?
    noog wrote: »
    why not use a proper mirror.

ftp://ftp.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyondergames/demos/cnc3_demo.exe

:).

Zippy speeds for me.

When it came out fileplanet were hosting it exclusively, it took a few days (or hours, due to internet speeds!) for it to filter through to other sites.
    Hmmmm... didn't really compare to Company of Heroes did it? I not a big ran of Supreme Commander (too dull, too slow - but I might give it a try) - but the customisation in Company, the detailed behaviour in units, the real difference in abilities, the fundamentally different tactics based around tech trees - all made the whole thing far more impressive than the C&C demo.

Mind you the FMV was good (Athena, Ironside, Swayer, all good) so the single player might be fun to play through. But like SHyboy said - felt like a build rush.
    I think they can almost be classed under different genres. Whereas company of heroes is very realistic and 'intense' where you have to micromanage combat to the extreme (even having to move your tank around the enemies to try to not expose your rear but exposing theirs), c&c3 is very rush-ey and not terribly brain-intensive. As nod try to capture the resource points then get some avatar thingys in to try to wreck their base, with some long range artillery and their chopper (which doesnt need to return to base whilst firing). Basically 'creep' forward. With GDI, their defence is much much weaker, their strategy relies on getting heavy weapons going like the mammoth and building as many as possible (I had two with full build queus on the skirmish, lol) and then sending them at the enemy base.

Company of heroes can be won with most different units if you employ the right strategies, whereas command and conquer does seem to be a race.

but I've been told they are going to scale down the damage and speed of harvesting in the final version