Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

embaressing problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm 22 and am suffering from bladder problems.

i'm always damp downstairs. i don't even know why.

i've bin like this for years.

i don't wet myself, i just leak. i don't even know when i leak. i don't feel it. its not really wet, jus damp. i leak during the day en stuff.

its just embaressing cuz my knickers are always yelow.

whats wrong with me?

plz don't laugh at me

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi, it just sounds like you have a bladder control problem. There's no need to be embarassed. Just pop in to the doctor :) I read somewhere that it's easily sorted too.
    Might be a stupid quesiton... but are you sure it's not coloured discharge from your vagina?
    :no: it smells of urine so no, its deffo not discharge

how can the doctor sort it?
    Ok, just thought I'd ask.

You can do excersies and stuff to help tighten up the muscles in that area, your doc can tell you how to do them... You really should go see them about it cos it might be treatable. :)
    Here is a mayo clinic link on urinary incontinence, it might be of some use, it talks about what it is, symptonsm, causes, treatments and all the rest

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/urinary-incontinence/DS00404/DSECTION=1
    If it's mild your doctor will probably tell you to try out pelvic floor exercises to strengthen the muscles however he may prescribe pills too. It's a common problem and is apparently easily sorted out.