Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

rash as a result of allergy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically I canot eat any nuts because it triggers off a really sever asthma attack, the DRs have told me that because of this I could eventually need an epi pen if the reaction gets more severe.

I accidently ate nuts on thurs, I had a bad reaction that took a long time to calm down then by that night I had come out in a rash around my mouth, I was talking to a friend the next day who noticed the rash around my mouth and said that she gets this when she eats nuts also, so I was basically wondering is the rash from the nuts or is it just a coincidence that it come up the same time, any advice would be great

cheers

xx emz xx

Comments

• Options
    If you ate nuts, which are already known to irritate you, and you get a rash around your mouth (where the nuts were) then it's probably caused by the nuts.
  • Options
    id say yes! id take some antihysatimes and get urself to the docs if it doesnt improve soon!
    and i wouldnt say nuts triggers off an asthma attack - id say its anaphalaptic shock (sorry about the spelling). basically seems just like an asthma attack, BUT can easily stop you breathing+can kill!
    i know,im allergic to nuts,have asthma and carry an epi-pen!
  • Options
  • Options
    cheers for your responses, I will make an appointment this week with my Dr, to have a chat about it.