Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why ask for a number if you're not going to ring?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why do guys do that? Why do they ask for someone's number & then not ring?? :banghead:

Swapped numbers with some cute guy on a bus a few days ago & he still hasn't rung/txted. Ok, I have his number so could ring him myself, but too scared. Anyway, he was the one who'd asked for my number, surely he could be the one to ring it.

Hope this all makes sense :(

Comments

• Options
    Maybe HE is scared.

Lord knows - just ring him yourself and find out what's going on.
  • Options
    He could be busy? Or there could be some other reasonable reason why he hasn't phoned you yet. If it bothers you that much, you could find out yourself and find out what's going on.
  • Options
    Pringle wrote: »
    Why do guys do that? Why do they ask for someone's number & then not ring?? :banghead:

Swapped numbers with some cute guy on a bus a few days ago & he still hasn't rung/txted. Ok, I have his number so could ring him myself, but too scared. Anyway, he was the one who'd asked for my number, surely he could be the one to ring it.

Hope this all makes sense :(

I do that oh so often :lol: just can't remember or be bothered then anymore. That's why I always EXCHANGE number, so she has the chance to ring me up too...
  • Options
    Well as you both have eachother number then I doubt he'd really not want you to ring him...
    You're both probably sat thinking the same thing about eachother :rolleyes:

Just give him a call... what's to lose?
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Or maybe life got in the way. Ring him or text him yourself.
  • Options
    lol. I thought everyone would say that. Thanks for replying so quickly everyone by the way :thumb:

Speaking to my friend online at the mo & she's saying I should call/txt him too. I'd probably be saying the same thing if it was someone else :blush:

But if I did call/txt him, I wouldn't have a clue what to say. I'm underage over here (stupid drinking ages) so can't ask him out for a drink (wouldn't have a clue what to say anyway). Might try & get a friend to throw a party, & then invite him to that. Less scary that way. But he's a bit older so might find a uni dorm party a bit immature/stupid. I dunno :(
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    lol. I thought everyone would say that. Thanks for replying so quickly everyone by the way :thumb:

Speaking to my friend online at the mo & she's saying I should call/txt him too. I'd probably be saying the same thing if it was someone else :blush:

But if I did call/txt him, I wouldn't have a clue what to say. I'm underage over here (stupid drinking ages) so can't ask him out for a drink (wouldn't have a clue what to say anyway). Might try & get a friend to throw a party, & then invite him to that. Less scary that way. But he's a bit older so might find a uni dorm party a bit immature/stupid. I dunno :(

What about asking him out for a coffee? Just something nice and informal and you can get to know each other.

Phone up, say hi, ask if he remembers you, if he says yes then it is a good start, if no, tell him when you met (not a good start), say that you were wondering if you could meet up for a coffee - it would be nice to get to know you properly as he seemed kinda cool on the bus.

Worst case scenario - he says no. You lose 10 minutes of your life on the phone.

Best case scenario - he remembers you and you get to meet him for a coffee.
  • Options
    Why do guys do that?

Cos they think you're rotten when they wake up?

I've got a few girls' numbers here and I haven't texted/rang them, why? Cos I'm not interested, end of story.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Cos they think you're rotten when they wake up?

I've got a few girls' numbers here and I haven't texted/rang them, why? Cos I'm not interested, end of story.

Lol. I don't even know if I'm interested in him that way anyway. Would rather do the friends thing first & see if anything comes out of it.
  • Options
    Lol. I don't even know if I'm interested in him that way anyway. Would rather do the friends thing first & see if anything comes out of it.

You are interested, otherwise you wouldn't make a thread about it. One thing I have to say about guys is that they rarely make the first move, why don't you ring him?
  • Options
    I would expect its down to having the guts to ring, if numbers are swapped maybe hes hoping for a return call instead.
  • Options
    If you swap numbers there is no set rule about who contacts who first, if they still arnt in touch then just give them a ring or send them text message. I've had guys take my number before and I either known they wont ohine ir not been that interested in them, so I dont really care.
  • Options
    I would have said if he was drunk when he asked for it, and he hasn't contacted you now it's cos he woke up and realised you were hideous. However if he was sober then maybe it's for the various reasons mentioned above.
  • Options
    text him when your out on the piss
  • Options
    wow you lot are real nice "he probably woke up and thought u were hideous!" great way to encourage the girl to make a move!

to the OP...if you dont feel comfortable ringing, just send a quick text....like someone said, if he aint interested, so what? you'll probably never see him again and even if u do, you shouldnt feel daft as it was HIM who asked YOU

let us know what u do

x
  • Options
    Maybe he met somebody nicer on the next bus, broke his leg, lost his phone, got disconected, went on holiday, got back with an ex, came out the closet, has been working a lot, overdosed, forgot how to text, typed your number in wrong, turned into a hamster, got abducted by aliens.

Easy way to find out, is to send a txt.
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »
    Maybe he met somebody nicer on the next bus, broke his leg, lost his phone, got disconected, went on holiday, got back with an ex, came out the closet, has been working a lot, overdosed, forgot how to text, typed your number in wrong, turned into a hamster, got abducted by aliens.

Easy way to find out, is to send a txt.

OR JUST BLOODY RING!

I hate this reliance on text messaging... You'll be able to get more info and tell more from his voice than an emotion-free SMS.
  • Options
    its called an ego. Just to get a gals number is something to blag about. Self gratfication, thats all it is.... :)
  • Options
    Just had a quick thought about this...

The number of times I have left a club with a (few) number(s) and not called the next day I have completely lost track of... I have no idea why, just laziess, for part of it. Sometimes you just don't fancy calling the next day...