Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Larger Condoms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do u know when you need a larger condom. to me they feel quite tight but im not anything special down there just average (6.5in by 3 nd a bit)

any help?
thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How do u know when you need a larger condom. to me they feel quite tight but im not anything special down there just average (6.5in by 3 nd a bit)

any help?
    thanks

When you can't get it over the head of your cock, or you can't get it down the shaft, then you need to think about a bigger size.

They're supposed to be tight! :)
    Have you tried different brands? My ex was uncomfortable in one particular brand, changed to another one and didn't have any problems. But like g_angel said, they're supposed to be a little tight fitting, if you can't physically get one on, then it's worth looking for larger ones.
    How tight its too tight tho lol? iv tried durex and exs and they both feel like htere squishing my cock
    How tight its too tight tho lol? iv tried durex and exs and they both feel like htere squishing my cock

Well if your cock goes like blue and falls off, thats a good sign that somethings too tight :p

I assume that hasn't happened yet?
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Are you sure they are tight or are you just thinking about it too much.

I had a bra that was, technically, well fitted, however, I would think that it was slightly nippy and it would irritate me. However, when I just got on with things, it was fine and I didn't feel a thing.

Sorry for the crap analogy, but are you sure you are not in the position of thinking about it being tight too much and focussing on that, rather than the other issue at hand?
    Are you sure they are tight or are you just thinking about it too much.

I had a bra that was, technically, well fitted, however, I would think that it was slightly nippy and it would irritate me. However, when I just got on with things, it was fine and I didn't feel a thing.

Sorry for the crap analogy, but are you sure you are not in the position of thinking about it being tight too much and focussing on that, rather than the other issue at hand?

hmmm..... i only notice it when i pull out at the end so u may be right

and no my cock has not fallen off, thanks for your concern:)
    I find durex a bit of a struggle to get down the shaft too, having to use my nails to unroll it which probably isnt too good. but once it's on it certainly isnt falling off so that's a good thing :) plus I've always trusted durex as a brand.
    If you can stretch a condom over your head I doubt it will be too tight on your willy. They are meant to be skintight so that the sperm don't leak out over the top.

If you're having trouble getting the condom on then you are probably not doing it right. Place the condom on the head of your cock, making sure the roll of latex is on the outside, and then gently roll it down, making sure you pinch the teat on the end. If you try and pull it down then you'll have trouble.
    when its too tight and a ring where blood flow is being stopped. I had the problem on the past. most are the same size but if you look the size should be on the box
    yeah i always get a ring at the bottom, does that mean it's too tight? i didn't notice until the girl said something.
    even if they're a bit of a challenge to get on, they wont be too tight unless it hurts, I wouldn't worry about it :)

plus like I said, atleast they wont fall off!
    Try Mates "Large" (a very satisfying black packet with large printed on it.lol). I could never used Durex, always felt like cheese wire on me gentleman but Mates seemed to sort that.
    Yeah Durex do seem to be a pain to get all the way down the shaft, I thought I was just blessed.. :p
    I think they're designed to give us and ego boost :lol:
    Well it works, I'll buy them now just so when you get some bird to one on they're always like "omg it doesn't fit, you beast !!"

OK I'm kidding but still..
    Have to say I'm not a fan of the durex fit, it always makes it feel a bit uncomfortable, like any sensations, don't know if it's a nerve or the latex or what. But I guess they're designed to be a tight fit. Although after having one split on us we're thinking of seeing if there are some marginally bigger, because we put it on right and everything, but...

By some fortune I'm not a dad yet though!
    I have to use a Tesco's bag. :crying:
    Try Mates "Large"

But he is (only) 6.5" x 43" .... I think he mistakes a snug fit for being too tight. :)
    My bf struggles with durex cus they are to tight but he can use mates they are ok for him
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I have to use a Tesco's bag. :crying:

hahaha that made me smile