Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

hmm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've got a question. so i'm friends with this girl and we hang out on a regular basis. we've known each other for about two months now. but still every time i hang out with her i feel awkward/uncomfortable and like i can't act like myself completely around her. i was just curious to know if this is because it's the first time that i've really spent alone with a girl that's not my girlfriend. i just want to know because in a year we will probably be moving out of state and sharing an apartment together and i don't want to feel like this when i'm around her for a year or more.

Comments

• Options
    think off her as a kid sister or just one of the guys

don’t think about it to much, she might just turnout to be a really great mate. it probably is the fact she’s the first girl you spent time alone with
  • Options
    yeah, we both have agreed we'd never want to be anything more than good friends. i actually wouldn't ever want to be more than friends because she likes to drink and get high and i don't. other than that though we have lots in common and always have a fun time together. we talked about it and agreed that this awkward feeling would probably go away after we spend more time together.