Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Neighbour

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is really just a rant, so forgive me in advance!

We moved into rented property about 6 months ago. When we were being shown around by the previous tenant we asked about the neighbours and he said that the woman next door had only just moved in but had been quite loud for a few weeks but they had words with her and she had improved no end. We thought that was fair enough and moved in anyway. He said she was a young single mum with two young children.

The house is a newly build (therefore extremely badly build imho) semi-detached house. The walls are paper thin. Both houses are 2 bedroomed and she lives with her two young children (a girl about 6 and boy about 3).

For the first few weeks everything was fine, she was quiet and we were quiet. Then one night we heard her having sex very, very loudly with her (non live in) boyfriend We had a good laugh about it and thought nothing more. This has then occured nightly ever since. If we can hear her then her poor kids sure as hell can hear her. I dread to think what they think is happening to mummy in the bedroom next door!

We had a house warming party about 2 months after moving in. She wasn't in when we went round to tell her about it so we wrote a note saying everything should be quiet and finished by 12.30pm and she was very welcome to come if she liked. Needless to say she didn't come. At 11.30pm there was a knock on the door and there she was, in a skimpy nighty, asking us to keep the noise down. My other half pointed out that we had told her about it and she screamed at him, saying she had to be up in 6 hours (?!?) with the kids. Of course that totally killed the party mood and all our guests left then and there.

Since then she has continued to shag loudly most nights. She screams at her children all day, everyday. She seems incampable of asking her children to do anything nicely, everything is "get your fucking dinner" and "get in the fucking car". Last week her daughter stood in the middle of the road shouting "fuck off" at her brother. Their (normally absent) father turned up and started screaming at his ex asking "why the fuck is Rebecca in the road?" (he didn't seem concerned about the swearing).

I've been off work with the flu all week and every single time I close my eyes to sleep all I hear is her screaming and the children screaming back! Then ten minutes later it'll stop in favour of a half hour half-term shag!

I appreciate that it's hard to be a young single mum but she really is starting to grate on us. We're paranoid about making any noise when we're getting down and dirty because I'd hate to think she could hear, and we don't like to go out in the garden in case we see her!

Argh! She is the main reason we've just bought our own place, about 6 months earlier than we had wanted.

My friend says I should knock on her door next time she's having loud sex and ask if I can join them!!!! What do you think?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think you would be best off being nice for now, as you have to live next to the weirdo, but once you know you've got your new house be an utter twat to her. Go storming round every night demanding that she keeps the noise down, and if that doesn't work, every time you hear her shagging turn your music on so loud the house shakes.
    wow! I worry about things like doing my vacuuming too late at night in case it bugs the neighbours. She sounds like the neighbour from hell! I agree with the above- once your next place is secured, tell her exactly how you feel, when you feel it. Also, she shouldn't be shouting at her kids everyday, and definately not loud enough that the neighbours can hear- I'd feel heartbroken if I had to listen to someone yelling and swearing at athree year old everyday.
    She also goes out on the lash every single Friday and Saturday night without fail. She comes home at about 2am, drunk, makes loads of noise (I honestly believe she must wake the entire street), slams her doors and then, when the kids wake up, she orders them to "get into fucking bed". :rolleyes:

Yesterday she started to sing Robbie Williams (does she know how much I hate him? Surely she must to inflict it on me!) at the top of her voice and the kids joined in. I had a friend over and my friend was in kinks laughing at her, until the playfullness ended and she started screaming at the kids to "sit at the fucking table".

To look at her though you wouldn't think she was so foul mouthed. She's a pretty young lass, only about 26, and she has a job too. I dread to think where she works but she always dresses well when she goes out to work.
    she sounds like my neighbour

except mine has an older kid and a younger kid

so i get the younger kid screaming n whinging and the older one revving his car on the drive at stupid hours

megaly sucks :(
    Last week her daughter stood in the middle of the road shouting "fuck off" at her brother. Their (normally absent) father turned up and started screaming at his ex asking "why the fuck is Rebecca in the road?" (he didn't seem concerned about the swearing).

Well he does have a point. if one of my daughters was standing in the middle of the road the last thing I'd be concerned about is her langauge...

The rest - take Kermits advice :D
    depends what kind of road it is tbh, a no through traffic cul-de-sac is kinda different to a motorway.
    katralla wrote: »
    depends what kind of road it is tbh, a no through traffic cul-de-sac is kinda different to a motorway.

Aye, we live at the top of a cul-de-sac. We're the second from last house so we don't get any traffic.
    fuck it, have really loud sex back at her! silly cow would deserve it. she'd probably come marching over saying 'don't you realise i have children!'.