Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Official T In The Park 2007 thread and that..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hiya!

Scotland XFM announced some bands who're playing! Wahey!

Have a look seeeeee...
Friday
Arctic Monkeys
Bloc Party
The Coral
Lily Allen

Saturday
The Killers
Razorlight
The Arcade Fire
James
James Morrison
The Kooks
My Chemical Emo
Babyshambles
CSS
The Klaxons
Jamie T
Booka Shade

Sunday
Snow Patrol
Kings Of Leon
The Fratellis
Paolo Nutini
Goo Goo Dolls
Kasabian
Interpol
Damien Rice
Amy Winehouse
Tori Amos
Dave Clarke
Slam
Digitalism
Soundstream/Soundhack

THANKING YOU, EARLY BIRD TICKETS.

So who's all going?

Me! :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Typical T line-up really. I won't be going this year (never went last year either) as I'm hoping to fuck that RATM will be at Reading :D
  • Options
    I want to get tickets for sunday! Unfortunately means getting up early on a saturday morning to try and get tickets, although they'll probably be sold out by about 5 past 9!

Any of you guys rising early in the hope of getting tickets tomorrow?

ETA: Good luck for anyone who is!
  • Options
    Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning don't they. When are they likely to sell out?
  • Options
    yeah they go on sale at 9am, last time they sold out in 70 minutes so i'm hoping to get some before they do! It's only 2 tickets per person/household/credit card apparently, which is rubbish but hey-ho.

Are you getting up early to join the mad rush?
  • Options
    Nah dont think i'll bother, i plan to go next year, havent had enough time to arrange it with mates if they sell out at by 10am.

let me know how good it is!
  • Options
    If i can get tickets! I just read somewhere that tickets for last years sold out in 4 days so i don't know if it was the tickets for this year that were released last year that were sold out in 70 minutes. You should check tomorrow if they still have them if you have time to arrange and want to go!

Wish me luck! :)
  • Options
    I want to go to Glasto this year, as The Who are headlining, but there's no way I can afford it.

No T either.

Will someone buy me a ticket? I'd so anything (short of bum sex).
  • Options
    Since when did bands start playing on the Friday? Friday is for getting off your face on drugs.
  • Options
    Got Tickets!! :hyper: Well actually i have 3 by mistake because when the first order went through it only came up with 1 ticket then when i got through again it came up with 2 (long story) but now i'm thinking they might cancel my tickets as you're only allowed 2 per person per card sort of thing. anyone know the likely-ness of them cancelling them? I got 2 on my friends card aswell but i'll be able to get people for the tickets nearer the time if i end up with extra so i'll be able to go even if my tickets get cancelled, in fact now i wish they would cancel them but on the whole i'm a happy lady now :)

hope you guys understood that ramble! :lol:
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Since when did bands start playing on the Friday?

Since this year :o

I think the idea is that, as a lot of the camping people turn up on the friday evening, they could start the festival early.
  • Options
    Sugar, if you ring them up and say you bought one ticket too many by mistake they shouldn't cancel the order. It's just to stop touting filth from getting their hands on them.
  • Options
    thanks kermit, i'll try that. i could find people to take the extra tickets, i'd just rather know either way sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    If you don't want the ticket you might as well give it back to them. If they won't take it then sell it.
  • Options
    Interpol and Arcade Fire. Those are the two acts there I'd buy my ticket to see... probably Kings of Leon as well. The rest of the acts are alright, but mostly mediocre pish like Snow Patrol and Razorlight.

Dave Clarke DJing in the dance tent would be sweet as well.
  • Options
    The main act i want to see is Goo Goo dolls, ive seen them live before and they are amazing. I think Damien Rice will be good too.

I can't get through to customer services due to high volume of calls. the tickets are sold out now.
  • Options
    i managed to get through and they cancelled the other ticket :) anybody else get tickets?
  • Options
    That has to be the worst line up in the history of T-in-the-Park since the move east. Aside from the fact that many of those bands have played T for the last two years, it's just a typically 'safe' and unimaginative line up. None of them are anything above average and it's largely conveyor belt, music by numbers pish that your mum would hear being played in ASDA.

It actually really gets to me that mainstream music is so incredibly average at the moment that bands like Snow Patrol and the Killers can headline what is traditionally one of the biggest and best festivals. It shows that people buying tickets in advance before the bands are even announced has allowed the organisers to become lazy this year. When you consider that it's also a scum ned fest then it's best avoided I reckon.

The IoW get the Rolling Stones; TitP get the Killers. Poor effort.

</rant>
  • Options
    None of them are anything above average and it's largely conveyor belt, music by numbers pish that your mum would hear being played in ASDA.
    </rant>

You did NOT just say that about Interpol, mate.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    You did NOT just say that about Interpol, mate.

They're noticably better than the dross on offer at T but I've seen them before and they're not really my cuppa.
  • Options
    YouCrazyDiamond, I would understand your sentiments about acts like Snow Patrol and Razorlight, but Arcade Fire and Interpol are superb and shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as the other diatribe on offer.

Fair enough if they're not your cuppa (bad taste on your part) but Interpol are worth the ticket money alone.
  • Options
    Pretty good going I'd say. But I shan't be attending. Would've liked to have seen CSS, but I might try and get tickets to see them separately, reckon they'd be better at a small gig anyway.

Loadsa bands I'd love to see, espesh Interpol, I've wanted to for agess. Sob at my lack of funds :(
  • Options
    Pretty good going I'd say. But I shan't be attending. Would've liked to have seen CSS, but I might try and get tickets to see them separately, reckon they'd be better at a small gig anyway.

Loadsa bands I'd love to see, espesh Interpol, I've wanted to for agess. Sob at my lack of funds :(

Mate I've seen CSS twice and they're SO good. Plus they're pals with the 1990s who are just lovely (and from Glasgow:heart:).

I may actually go as far to say that Lovefoxx is more entertaining than Karen O, and I've seen YYYs twice, too.

And Interpol, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh I'd love to see them. I have a feeling The Pixies - AIIIE :heart: - will play because they're doing a few festivals in May/June in Australia so there's a good chance they'd do the rounds in Europe and that.

Only one's I'd be fussed to see would be -

Friday
    Arctic Monkeys

Saturday
    Razorlight
    The Arcade Fire
    James
    Babyshambles
    CSS
    Jamie T

Sunday
    Snow Patrol
    Kings Of Leon
    The Fratellis
    Kasabian
    Interpol
    Amy Winehouse
    Dave Clarke
    Slam
    Digitalism

I'm a sentimental fool. I pure love Snow Patrol. That time when I saw them at Radio 1's Big Weekend last year, then danced with Gary Lightbody in SubClub, haaaa. I think they're so lovely. Plus I fancy the arse off Johnny Borrell. Ooh, and Arctic Monkeys is only for sentimental reasons, too. It was when I first saw them at Reading last year I had my first pill! :heart:
  • Options
    Mate I've seen CSS twice and they're SO good. Plus they're pals with the 1990s who are just lovely (and from Glasgow:heart:).

I may actually go as far to say that Lovefoxx is more entertaining than Karen O, and I've seen YYYs twice, too.

And Interpol, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh I'd love to see them. I have a feeling The Pixies - AIIIE :heart: - will play because they're doing a few festivals in May/June in Australia so there's a good chance they'd do the rounds in Europe and that.

Only one's I'd be fussed to see would be -

Friday
    Arctic Monkeys

Saturday
    Razorlight
    The Arcade Fire
    James
    Babyshambles
    CSS
    Jamie T

Sunday
    Snow Patrol
    Kings Of Leon
    The Fratellis
    Kasabian
    Interpol
    Amy Winehouse
    Dave Clarke
    Slam
    Digitalism

I'm a sentimental fool. I pure love Snow Patrol. That time when I saw them at Radio 1's Big Weekend last year, then danced with Gary Lightbody in SubClub, haaaa. I think they're so lovely. Plus I fancy the arse off Johnny Borrell. Ooh, and Arctic Monkeys is only for sentimental reasons, too. It was when I first saw them at Reading last year I had my first pill! :heart:

Fuck my donkey. When did I go :heart: happy?! :eek2:
  • Options
    Am really rather jealous/gutted/similar words that I can't afford to go. I think I'm holding out for Reading... RATM afterall.. Although I don't even know if I can afford that either. LE FUCKING SIGH. etc. :(

Sunday's a well good day at T.. as is Saturday actually (minus a few..). Klaxons are amazing live - such a good atmosphere. Glow sticks at the ready, innit! :razz:
  • Options
    Sunday's a well good day at T.. as is Saturday actually (minus a few..). Klaxons are amazing live - such a good atmosphere. Glow sticks at the ready, innit! :razz:

I thought they were SHIT! SOOOOO overhyped. CSS totally did a big shite over them, and Sunshine Underground, actually.

They played their best known songs when they came on and that was it! If my memory recollects me at most other gigs, you play them toward the end so everyone's hyped up and dazzled when they play them then finish, know?

Urgh, and all the fannies at the gig with sequins, glowsticks, holograms, oversized glasses and that. Thinking they were So FRESH and cutting edge. Stuff that. Haha, me and my mates stood out in our black outfits of the Klaxons' army.

Oh, and I'm going to Reading regardless of other festivals or not. I have high intentions to whore myself at many a music festival this year, oyer. Not like, give out my hole or that...just go to lots and dance with a paper cup of beer in my hand, innit. :razz:
  • Options
    I thought they were SHIT! SOOOOO overhyped. CSS totally did a big shite over them, and Sunshine Underground, actually.
    Did you see them at the Nu-rave NME tour just gone? Or at Reading last year? Or something completely different?

Me and old Craig saw the Klaxons at a tiiiiiny dingey bar near my place and they were awesome like. That was last year though when they were relatively unheard of.

Sunshine underground were damn good at Reading too. One of my highlights fo' sho'.
  • Options
    Did you see them at the Nu-rave NME tour just gone? Or at Reading last year? Or something completely different?

Ahh, I saw them at the Nu-Rave tour. Fame got to them and they are sheer plums now. Haha. I didn't see them at Reading last year, fuck knows what I was doing when they were on. Probably dying of my first comedown which ironically came along with my period on the same day. That was heavy fun! :thumb:
  • Options
    Ahh, I saw them at the Nu-Rave tour. Fame got to them and they are sheer plums now. Haha. I didn't see them at Reading last year, fuck knows what I was doing when they were on. Probably dying of my first comedown which ironically came along with my period on the same day. That was heavy fun! :thumb:
    Think I was seeing Broken Social Scene or something similar. Ho hum.

What a great laugh like, can't wait to get out my wellies again. :hyper: