Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Ecdl

smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
edited March 27 in Work & Study
How recognised is an ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) qualification?

Im starting it next week, im going to try and complete it within a month (hopefully) because i need it to apply for a certain job.

Anyone got it or know how known it is?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've never heard of it. But that's probably not saying a lot... sorry!
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    It possibly come under a different name to because I believe City & Guilds do their version
    I did it when I was a medical receptionist. If you spend a lot of time on your computer then you'll probably end up feeling that the 'qualification' takes the piss.

It took me about 12 horus to complete.
    Haha but was that level 1 or 2? They even do an advanced level. I went to the first session this evening, it did look a bit easy. As its for a job im going to stick with it
    smitherz wrote: »
    Haha but was that level 1 or 2? They even do an advanced level. I went to the first session this evening, it did look a bit easy. As its for a job im going to stick with it

I did it so long ago that there weren't any levels - it was just the ECDL. As far as I can see from the official website it hasn't changed :confused:
    I'm pretty sure I've heard of it before but as for how recognised it is I have no idea.
    Can't do you any harm to have it though...
    I lost my job 6 weeks ago, so Im taking advantage of being able to further my qualifications for free on benefits to help me get a job as Im not having much luck. There is one particular post Im going for that states it is essential to have the ECDL qualification, which is my main reason for doing it.
    I've heard of it and think it's quite well known.
    It depends what your job is.

If you're an admin assistant with it then it looks quite good; if you're an IT analyst then it doesn't.
    Kermit wrote: »
    It depends what your job is.

If you're an admin assistant with it then it looks quite good; if you're an IT analyst then it doesn't.

Its for IT Support - A sort of mix between hardware, software faults and assisting people with their software.
    It shows that you know how to turn one on, but if you go for an IT job with just the ECDL they will literally laugh at you.
    I have plenty of other qualifications, i just want to add to it. Plus i need the level 2 to be able to do the level 3. So i suppose you have to start from somewhere